Gremlins 2: The New Batch Finally Gets the Blu-ray Treatment

Gremlins 2: The New Batch is an interesting sequel. While not as great as the first film, it's an over-the-top looney bin of a flick that has become a classic in its own right. Thankfully, we'll be able to set it right next to the original on our shelves come this May.

That's right, kids! Even The Hulkster won't be able to save you once this sinister sequel hits stores on May 8th, 2012. Special features and official artwork are all forthcoming. Stay tuned.

Synopsis
In this follow-up feature to the cult hit Gremlins, Billy Peltzer and Kate Beringer move to New York City and meet up with their Mogwai friend, Gizmo, when a series of accidents creates a new generation of diverse gremlins. Billy, Kate, and Gizmo must once again use all their experience to prevent another catastrophe!

Gremlins 2: The New Batch Finally Gets the Blu-ray Treatment

Don't feed them after midnight in the comments section below!

James Coker's picture

Land of the Dead is the Least interesting LifeMi? its got a wonderful Social Commentary to it that (thanks for pointing this out kasch) holds better right now then it did back in 05, I would go so far as to say it has a stronger social Commentary then the ones in Dawn and Day...yeah I commited Horror movie Blasphemy with that statement and I stand by it

Submitted by James Coker on Thu, 01/12/2012 - 3:21am.
LifeMi's picture

James, I'm not saying Land isn't relevant; I'm merely talking about film quality and for me, this one is the least memorable. Diary is much worse, but I find Diary fascinating and unique despite being a failure. Land is forgettable for me. I've seen Land and Diary the same number of times but whereas I clearly remember the events in Diary, I struggle to remember exact details in Land. What can I say, I guess I'm just polar opposite to you and Kasch.

Submitted by LifeMi on Thu, 01/12/2012 - 11:04am.
kiddcapone's picture

Why the hell can't Session 9 and The Ring get a Blu Ray release already ?? I'm getting frustrated waiting...

Submitted by kiddcapone on Wed, 01/11/2012 - 7:30pm.
James Coker's picture

im with LifeMi on this one guys, 2 is great fun but nowhere near the original...and speaking of under-rated sequels Im I the only person on the planet who thinks that Fright Night part 2 and Land of the Dead are very Under-Rated sequels? probrably LOL

Submitted by James Coker on Wed, 01/11/2012 - 6:59pm.
LifeMi's picture

Fright Night 2 & Land of the Dead were decent; nothing special, though I'd love to have Fright Night Part 2 on DVD. On the subject of the most underrated horror sequels, I'd give the nod to Psycho II. A great film that's almost good as the original.

Submitted by LifeMi on Wed, 01/11/2012 - 7:25pm.
Sirand's picture

Land of the Dead is actually better and more relevant now than it was ten years ago. Just think about it: It's Zombie Occupy Wall Street!

Submitted by Sirand on Wed, 01/11/2012 - 9:30pm.
LifeMi's picture

Relevance doesn't translate into quality; Land of the Dead was merely adequate. I'd go as far as to say Land of The Dead is the least interesting of Romero's dead films. Not the worst (that honor goes to Diary), but it's far and away the least memorable film.

Submitted by LifeMi on Wed, 01/11/2012 - 11:09pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

Yes, I personally prefer GREMLINS 2 over the first one myself.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Wed, 01/11/2012 - 6:56pm.
Sirand's picture

Gremlins 2 might just be the most underrated sequel of all time. Every frame is brilliant. My personal favorite Dante flick!

Submitted by Sirand on Wed, 01/11/2012 - 5:04pm.
Genrewriter's picture

I agree, Andrew. It really is a great flick. I especially dig Christopher Lee's hilarious deadpan performance.

Submitted by Genrewriter on Wed, 01/11/2012 - 8:11pm.
LifeMi's picture

Gremlins 2 is great fun, but it's nowhere near the original.

Submitted by LifeMi on Wed, 01/11/2012 - 5:37pm.