A Humongous DVD is Finally on its Way

It's hard to believe that not every Eighties classic has made its way to DVD yet. How we long for a non-bootlegged copy of The Boogens, The Mutilator ... hell, we'd even settle for Spookies! Still, the fine folks over at Scorpion Releasing are scratching a Humongous one off of our want list in just a couple of weeks!

From the Press Release
On November 15th, Scorpion Releasing and Katarina's Nightmare Theater present HUMONGOUS. A group of teens on a boat find themselves in a fogbound night only to run aground on the rocks of the mysterious 'Dog Island' right before their boat goes up in flames. As they gather on the shoreline, one of them goes missing, another is critically injured and four go searching for shelter. They then decide to venture into the still standing house to summon help from its occupants...if any. Luckily, there is someone still dwelling there, but unfortunately there's something else out on the island growling in the dark, and it ain't no dog! And it is HUNGRY!

Special Features:

• Play with or without Katarina's Nightmare Theater
  • 16x9 1:78 Uncut master
  • Audio commentary with director Paul Lynch, writer William Gray, horror historian Nathaniel Thompson, moderated by Katarina Leigh Waters
  • Original trailer
  • Reversible sleeve with and without Katarina's banner

MSRP is $19.95 and worth every friggin' penny!

A Humongous DVD is Finally on its Way

Be humongous in the comments section below!

• -->

James Coker's picture

my favorite 80's "mess" of a film would have to be the "masterpiece" bigfoot film NIGHT OF THE DEMON, everytime I watch it i'm grinning ear to ear

Submitted by James Coker on Fri, 11/11/2011 - 3:34am.
    James Coker's picture

uncle creepy? for spookies or humongous?

Submitted by James Coker on Thu, 11/10/2011 - 12:44am.
    moderator Both actually!

Both actually!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 11/10/2011 - 3:53am.
    James Coker's picture

mr. Creepy THANK YOU for mentioning "Spookies" : ) also the one scene in Humongous that always got under my skin is when the final Girl is running from the mongoloid and then her random nerdy friends pops out of the no where "where were you" then the mongoloid graps the friend and crushing her skull slowly....it just comes out of no where and it always get under my skin in a cool way.....and on that note lets PLEASE get a official dvd of "the Slayer" to go along with this one

Submitted by James Coker on Wed, 11/09/2011 - 12:20am.
    moderator I will always have a soft

I will always have a soft spot for that wonderful mess of a movie.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 11/09/2011 - 2:34am.
    Foywonder's picture

My question is will this print finally make it possible to see what in the bloody hell is going on during the night scenes or is it still so damn dark you can't discern anything? My issue with this movie has always been how poorly lit it is.

Submitted by Foywonder on Tue, 11/08/2011 - 4:47pm.
    theGoldenSimatar's picture

I've heard a lot about people wanting to get their hands on this film but little about the film itself. Is it a lost classic, a so-bad it's good, over the top splatfest that's B movie fun a la Evil Dead....

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Tue, 11/08/2011 - 4:22pm.
    Matt Serafini's picture

It's a lesser-tier early 80s slasher. Certainly not a lost masterpiece. But if you like slasher flicks outside of the mainstays, you'll probably have some fun with it.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Tue, 11/08/2011 - 7:11pm.
    theGoldenSimatar's picture

Ah okay, I do enjoy slashers from that time period. I'll give a chance.

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Wed, 11/09/2011 - 12:46pm.
    Matt Serafini's picture

Rest assured, I'll be watching this without Katrina's nightmare theater. And I appreciate the option to reverse the cover sleeve so I don't have to deal with that nonsense at all.

Other than that, I can't wait to buy this flick!

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Tue, 11/08/2011 - 4:10pm.