An Open Letter to Legendary Pictures RE: Godzilla

Hi, Legendary Pictures? Yeah, it's me, Uncle Creepy. Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just writing to you in regard to your upcoming remake of the classic film Godzilla.

Yes, we're really excited that David Goyer is writing and that Monsters director Gareth Edwards is at the helm. Definitely good choices. While we have every bit of confidence in you and them, we just wanted to take a moment to share a quick video with you that originally played as a dream sequence in the Japanese film Always 2: Sunset on Third Street.

It's only two minutes long so it won't eat up most of your day. Please take a moment to watch it. This, for the most part, is a fine example of what we want from your movie. Give us back our monster. Give us back our music. Give us back our destruction.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Yours truly,

Uncle Creepy on behalf of Godzilla fans worldwide.

An Open Letter to Legendary Films RE: Godzilla

Stomp around in the comments section below!

MagusMaleficus's picture

I'm not holding my breath. I dug "Monsters" but it wasn't really a monster movie--at least not of the 怪獣 variety. Thus I'm not entirely sold on Gareth Edwards. Goyer, on the other hand, is mostly dependable, so...we'll see.

Submitted by MagusMaleficus on Tue, 08/09/2011 - 12:58pm.
fceurich39's picture

i hope this new movie finally brings the GODZILLA 1985 MOVIE TO DVD OR BLU-RAY THEATRICAL OR JAPANESE VERSION I HAVE BOTH AS WELL AS AN AWESOME HD WIDESCREEN AMERICAN VERSION BOOTLEG

Submitted by fceurich39 on Tue, 08/09/2011 - 12:24pm.
Vanvance1's picture

Not bad but it's missing the two most important things I need to enjoy a new Godzilla movie.

1 - GUY IN A SUIT! Yes, they must be practical f/x.

2 - Godzilla must battle other monsters. Ideally more than one. The battles must be long, arduous and bloody causing enormous destruction to the surrounding areas.

3 - Godzilla must be both the star and the focus of the film. Whenever you cut to the people talking my brain will go 'ZZZZZZZ' so give me a lot of G on the screen.

Thanks.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Tue, 08/09/2011 - 1:37am.
moderator Well I did say "for the most

Well I did say "for the most part", LOL! And YES I completely agree with you!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Tue, 08/09/2011 - 2:47am.
What he said.
CrixLee's picture

What he said.

Submitted by CrixLee on Tue, 08/09/2011 - 1:35am.
jkincer's picture

I agree with you Creepy, 100%. As a life long fan of the big guy I can only hope that this new movie turns half as sweet as that clip. I really wish the movie was a Toho production with Japanese actors, but that would be asking to much...

Submitted by jkincer on Mon, 08/08/2011 - 9:05pm.