Foycast X - The 10 Worst DVD Horror Movies of 2010

This weekend the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences hands out the Oscars for best movies of 2010 and the Razzies hand out their awards for the worst movies of 2010. But first, I have my own belated movie awards to dish out: the annual tradition of taking one last jab at the worst direct-to-DVD horror movies of 2010. The pain... The pain...

Foycast XYeah, I realize it's almost March of 2011, a little late to be doing a worst of list for last year. It wouldn't be a Foyeurism if it was actually recorded in a timely manner. That this one got recorded at all was a triumph unto itself. So join Uncle Creepy and yours truly as I laugh and vent for about an hour over the ten direct-to-DVD horror movies that stole precious minutes from my life that someday on my death bed I will so very much wish I had back.

Plus we have actual sound bites from some of the skewered films, the fun of getting quoted out of context on DVD releases (I have since been informed that the UK Asylum release I speak of was not the case after all), why bad movies that know they're bad aren't nearly as much fun as bad movies that aren't designed to be so, and a very special appearance by freight trains.

It's the better late than never tenth edition of the Foycast. Listen if you dare (or have absolutely nothing better to do with your life). It's a countdown of sorrows this time round. Enjoy!

When you're done, vote for us on Podcast Alley.

• Click here to download the latest Foycast as an MP3!
  • Click here to listen to the latest Foycast on your computer!
  • Click here to subscribe to the Dread Central Interviews podcast! (iTunes)
  • Click here to subscribe to the Dread Central Interviews podcast! (non-iTunes)
  • - The Foywonder

Discuss everything and nothing in the Dread Central forums

30 Days of Night Dark Days didn't get included but Altitude did? Surely you can't be serious.
    ----------

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 02/24/2011 - 7:53pm.
    Foywonder's picture

Did you miss the part where I said I never saw 30 Days of Night Dark Days? And yes, I hated Altitude. Some people really liked it. I'm not one of those people.

Submitted by Foywonder on Thu, 02/24/2011 - 10:36pm.

You know, there's no need for that kind of attitude. You figure a guy who goes on and on and on and on about ducks ad suicide would have a better temperament.

And for a while I thought those train sounds were sound effects, yeesh.

P.S. I considered getting ICU. Thank goodness, I looked out.
    ----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 02/25/2011 - 12:10am.
    Foywonder's picture

That kind of attitude? Better temperament? You asked how I couldn't have included the 30 Days of Night sequel and I reminded you that I stated in the podcast that I hadn't seen it. I must have missed the bad attitude part of that response. Relax or I'll send you a rubber duck.

Submitted by Foywonder on Fri, 02/25/2011 - 12:15am.
    FOR
    GJW's picture

FOR TERMINAL:

Enjoy brother!! (Heh)

----------------------------------------------------
    I'm not gonna kill you. Your job will be to tell the rest of them that death is coming for them, tonight. Tell them Eric Draven sends his regards.

Submitted by GJW on Fri, 02/25/2011 - 3:20pm.

I'm listening to this.
    ----------

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 02/24/2011 - 7:39pm.