Halo-8's Godkiller and The Long Knives Comics Debut on Graphic.ly
Halo-8 Entertainment announced today that its sci-fi/horror adventure Godkiller and Giallo-style horror The Long Knives are the first Halo-8 comics to be released digitally as part of the recently announced partnership between the studio and innovative digital comics provider Graphic.ly. Read on for the details!
From the Press Release:
With a 99-cent per issue pricetag, Godkiller: Walk Among Us #1-6 (print versions of which are currently sold out) and The Long Knives #1 (prior to its print launch slated for WonderCon 2011) will go live today via Graphic.ly's apps for iPad, iPod, and WinMo 7 tablets/phones, as well as for desktop reading through Adobe Air and on Graphic.ly's website.
"Graphic.ly is a fantastic partner that enables us to engage our audience through comics in as tech-savvy and efficient a way as we do with film and animation," said Halo-8 president Matt Pizzolo. "Our goal is to provide our stories in every format our diverse audiences demand. Our stories are format-agnostic: we want people who love comics to enjoy our stories as comics and people who love ill-films to enjoy them as ill-films... and if our audience enjoys this digital format, then we'll finally make comics that even trees can love."
Following this launch, Halo-8's coming slate includes:
- The Long Knives is a ten-issue mini-series that will be released monthly on Graphic.ly prior to print editions. The illustrated-film is currently in pre-production, and cast attachments will be announced in the coming weeks.
- An all-new Godkiller: Walk Among Us epilogue issue will be released via Graphic.ly shortly before the debut issue of the new mini-series Godkiller: Tomorrow's Ashes (currently in production). The spinoff series Godkiller: Adventures In Outer City is in pre-production.
- How I Lost My Virginity by Alexandra Jones will be the next original series to debut from Halo-8 via Graphic.ly. The sly, subversive college sex comedy mixes secret societies and government conspiracies with one girl's coming of age adventure so it's not quite as schizophrenic an entry into the Halo-8 canon as it sounds.
- The Hack/Slash illustrated film is currently in pre-production. It will have a uniquely different style of animation, and the content will integrate existing comics with all-new material written and produced for the illustrated-film. The actress playing Cassie Hack is nearly set so expect cast announcements in the coming weeks.
- Black Sky is currently in development and should start pre-production shortly.
- More updates coming soon on the further developments of Medusa: Year One (pretty exciting progress with a very cool change of direction) as well as developing projects that haven't been formally announced yet.
The Long Knives is a dark tale of revenge about an AWOL Black Ops team and the resilient brother and sister they should not have abducted. Written by Matt Pizzolo (Threat) and illustrated by newcomer Ana Ludeshka, The Long Knives takes place in the near future when a viral pandemic has crippled law enforcement. Amid the looting and lawlessness, a murderous gang of AWOL Black Ops are abducting children... but no one knows why. When teenage brother and sister Manny and Bird wind up in their clutches, they'll uncover a dark conspiracy with terrifying consequences. Pizzolo and Ludeshka merged the story's gritty realism with a Tim Burton-esque otherworldy visual style and Giallo-horror aesthetic for a uniquely realized horror adventure.
Godkiller: Walk Among Us is the epic story of a boy on a quest to save his dying sister. Written by Matt Pizzolo (Threat) and illustrated by Anna Muckcracker (Lucid ), Godkiller takes place in a dark-future after economic collapse, after nuclear holy war, and after Earth is colonized by alien races. Tommy and his kid sister Lucy live in an orphanage in one of the few remaining city-states, but Lucy is critically ill and desperately in need of a new heart. Tommy's odyssey to find a new heart for his sister begins when he follows an organ-stealing prostitute named Halfpipe out of the city-state and into the savage borderland known as Outer City.
For more information visit the Halo-8 Entertainment website.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Sharpen your knives in the comments section below!