Underworld 4 Gets New Title and Plot Reveal

The Underworld franchise is an anomaly of sorts as with every sequel it's actually gotten better and not worse. Who would have thunk it? With the fourth chapter on the horizon, we have the new official title and a rather telling plot reveal!

The new Sony Screen Gems flick, directed by the Swedish directing team of Mans Marlind and Bjorn Stein, will now be tentatively known as Underworld 4: New Dawn.

Also coming to light is this delicious little plot point: "After being held in a coma-like state for fifteen years, vampire Selene (Kate Beckinsale) learns that she has a fourteen-year-old vampire/Lycan hybrid daughter, Nissa, and when she finds her, they must stop BioCom from creating super Lycans that will kill them all."

All righty then! Look for the film in 3D on January 20th, 2012. Think you have what it takes to portray Selene's daughter? Make sure you get the details from our previous Underworld 4 Face of the Fan story here!

Underworld 4 Gets New Title and Plot Reveal

Show off your talents in the comments section below!

YandereSama's picture

This sounds too asinine and crazy that it just might work on a guilty pleasure level.

"Chew on this!"

Submitted by YandereSama on Fri, 11/26/2010 - 1:55am.

Looking forward to this flick with cautious expectation. LOved all the films so far. Seems to be the only franchise to get werewolves right. Everyone else, including the TWILIGHT series seems to get a little tripped up with lycanthrope sub-genre. I'm sort've rooting for a return of Sophia Myles, Erika from the first flick. I was thinking the manipulative little minx survived the events of EVOLUTION, and used her whiles to sieze control of the vampire empire. BioCom, as some may remember, was the one of the Vampire Coven's holdings mentioned in the first flick. Which had just developed cloned blood, which according to Selene was to become the new standard.

Submitted by IkeCarr on Thu, 11/25/2010 - 9:53pm.
Vanvance1's picture

Gets Werewolves right? You're kidding me!

Please see: The Howling, An American Werewolf in London and Dog Soldiers. Those movies get Werewolves right; Underworld is an insult to Werewolf loving horror fans everywhere.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Thu, 11/25/2010 - 11:15pm.
GJW's picture

Well.....They might not have them perfected,but I thought all Underworld films did a betetr job than 80% of any other werewolf films. Yes,there are better,and you named most,but there are alot that are worse.

----------------------------------
"Well, for one thing, I think he was probably a closet homosexual who did a lot of cocaine. That whole Yale thing."

Submitted by GJW on Fri, 11/26/2010 - 12:31am.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

I suddenly got the vibe of Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull....

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Mon, 11/22/2010 - 11:39pm.
GJW's picture

New Moon? Oh,Breaking Dawn? Oh,oh,oh NEW Dawn. I get it now,very original.

J/K, love the franchise and very much looking forward to another!! Gonna miss Rhona,but we get Kate.

----------------------------------

Submitted by GJW on Mon, 11/22/2010 - 8:25pm.
moderator I like the franchise, too.
Debi Moore's picture

I like the franchise, too. Really curious if Speedman will be back as well.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Mon, 11/22/2010 - 8:49pm.
GJW's picture

I thought the same thing when reading the synopsis. What about Speedman. Also,I'm not sure what I think of the "coma-like" deal. WHY? Why would that happen? Guess we'll see.

----------------------------------

Submitted by GJW on Mon, 11/22/2010 - 10:15pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I'd be more interested if they said:

"The Werewolves will NOT be computer generated this time around, they will not do Spider-Man moves off of walls and we won't make them total pussies."

But they didn't.

3 shitty movies in a row doesn't bode well for number 4.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Mon, 11/22/2010 - 6:59pm.
ChaosWeaver's picture

Soooooo basically it's Kill Bill with vampires/werewolves?

Submitted by ChaosWeaver on Mon, 11/22/2010 - 5:32pm.