Saw 3D Accidentally Screened for Kids! Therapy Bills Expected to Pile Sky High

In what has to be one of the strangest "whoops" moments since the birthing scene from The Hills Have Eyes 2 was shown to kids accidentally, the last(!) of the Saw flicks, Saw 3D has left its mark in the form of several scarred children's psyches!

As per WHDH News:

"Children were at Showcase Cinemas in Revere, Massachusetts, to see the Dreamworks cartoon "Megamind" in 3D, but instead they saw the horror movie "Saw 3D." Parents said when the previews came on they started to worry because the previews were a little advanced for children.

They never expected the gory and violent horror film "Saw."

The children were told to cover their eyes as the scenes of murder and mutilation played for several minutes before the movie theater corrected the problem.

Theatre operators realized the mistake, and the correct movie, “Megamind,” was put on, but parents said the damage was already done and their children are still shaken by it.

“He came and slept with us, and we thought we had gotten past that years ago. He said that he had a few nightmares,” said Dolph Rau, an upset father. “Again, all that I would like to see come out of this is that it's not going to happen again.”

The children were given one free ticket as a result of the mix-up, but the Rau family’s 7-year-old son told them that he does not want to see a movie again for a very long time."

Wow. Just wow.

Saw 3D Accidentally Screened for Kids! Therapy Bills Expected to Pile Sky High

Get screwed up in the comments section below!

GJW's picture

Hahahahahahahahahahah!!!!! Love LOve LOVE that poster. Haha..........nice one!

----------------------------------
"Well, for one thing, I think he was probably a closet homosexual who did a lot of cocaine. That whole Yale thing."

Submitted by GJW on Fri, 11/19/2010 - 6:31pm.
Blockbuster's picture

I still have nightmares about Saw 5. Ughh.

Submitted by Blockbuster on Fri, 11/19/2010 - 2:46am.
Vanvance1's picture

Holy crap. Children are treated like their brains are made of fine china.

When I was a small child and could manage a horror flick I was entranced and thrilled. The next generation will be wusses, if a firecracker goes off they'll probably pee their pants.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Fri, 11/19/2010 - 12:25am.
The Buz's picture

In the interest of fairness, I saw Jaws when I was 3 and I'm still terrified of the ocean.

Just saying, film and television can affect the young mind.

The good that came out of me watching Jaws though was that it started a life long interest in film and inspired me to want to make movies just like it. So yeah, it isn't all bad.

Submitted by The Buz on Fri, 11/19/2010 - 6:47pm.

Saw effect a young mind? Hahahaha, come on people. Jaws was a different time. These days kids at twelve are playing GTA or Resident Evil.

Kids are pussies these days because their parents are. Sitting a kid down and explaining that all of what they saw was completely fake usually does the trick.

Let's not act like these kids are suffering seizures and popping pills. American culture is so spineless.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 11/20/2010 - 4:00am.
The Buz's picture

What's your point? You say that it won't "effect" their mind because they play video games, but then go onto to say kids are pussies and American culture is spineless.

Which is it?

Some kids are going to be scared shitless seeing some dude tortured to death in a Saw movie, and some will just dismiss it as a movie and go on.

I know Jaws is a movie, but it doesn't change the fact that I still flip my shit when I go into the ocean. Saw could do the same thing with a kid young enough. 12 years old I'm sure can handle it. But 2 or 3 year olds are going to be having some rough nightmares. But hey, could be good for em. Might make em tougher.

Submitted by The Buz on Mon, 11/22/2010 - 5:48am.

Lol, just because you're scared of a shark movie it doesn't prove this affected the youth. The point I'm making, if you were paying attention, is that kids these days are already exposed to violence and IF they are pussies it's because their parents are.

Let's stop the melodrama about Saw forever traumatizing kids. This was one small incident and anyone with common sense would treat it as one.

Websites have a bad habit of sensationalizing things.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 11/22/2010 - 7:19am.
Vanvance1's picture

All absolutely true.

But if you want to see North Americans go bug fuck nuts, show the kids some nudity. For most of these people violence is fine but naked people or any suggestion of sex is PURE EVIL!

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Sat, 11/20/2010 - 5:13am.

So true, Vavance, lol. They'll take a kid happily to see a man be tortured and crucified for two hours, but show some nipple and the world is ending.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 11/20/2010 - 11:10pm.
GJW's picture

My initial instinctive opinion is that the children really didn't give a shit!! These are parents who see a payday! This sickens me. People sue for anything and everything today....and the worse part is......somethimes they win.

----------------------------------

Submitted by GJW on Fri, 11/19/2010 - 6:29pm.

Oh they'll be fine. I hope this doesn't result in more self righteous articles about parenting and the threat of film to our youths like what happened with "Captivity."
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 11/18/2010 - 11:20pm.
moderator I swear to god I'm like

I swear to god I'm like mesmerized by that image.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 11/18/2010 - 10:03pm.