Live Chat with The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus This Sunday

Boondock Saints star Norman Reedus is joining the cast of "The Walking Dead" this Sunday as Daryl Dixon, brother to Michael Rooker's racist redneck Merle Dixon. In addition he will be participating in a virtual viewing party for the show so viewers can chat live with him during the episode.

In addition, all participants will be entered to win a copy of The Walking Dead Compendium One, signed by comic book creator/writer and TV series producer Robert Kirkman.

IGN and Philo (the social TV app and site that is Foursquare for TV) are hosting this party with Reedus. Here’s how it works: Users sign up for Philo (via the Web or iPhone app) and “check-in” to AMC's "The Walking Dead" at 10 pm ET. Reedus will be chatting live throughout the show, and each comment and tune-in enters you automatically for the signed copy of the comic book.

Official description of Episode 103 - "Tell It to the Frogs":
Rick makes a decision to go back to Atlanta to retrieve the bag of guns and save a man’s life. Lori and Shane must deal with the surprising return of someone they thought was dead.

Live Chat with The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus This Sunday

“The Walking Dead” tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The comic goes on to explore the challenges of life in a world overrun by zombies who take a toll on the survivors, and sometimes the interpersonal conflicts present a greater danger to their continuing survival than the zombies that roam the country. Over time, the characters are changed by the constant exposure to death and some grow willing to do anything to survive.

Shot on location in Atlanta, “The Walking Dead” is led by a cast that includes Lincoln (“Teachers,” Love Actually) as Rick Grimes, Jon Bernthal (“The Pacific,” The Ghost Writer) as Shane Walsh, Sarah Wayne Callies (“Prison Break”) as Lori Grimes, Laurie Holden (“The Shield,” Stephen King’s The Mist) as Andrea, Jeffrey DeMunn (Stephen King’s The Mist, The Green Mile) as Dale, Steven Yeun (“The Big Bang Theory”) as Glen, Emma Bell (The Bedford Diaries) as Amy and Chandler Riggs (Get Low) as Carl Grimes.

To stay up-to-the-minute on all things walker related, follow @WalkingDead_AMC on Twitter and visit "The Walking Dead" on Facebook.

The Walking Dead

Walk with the dead in the comments section below!

I hope Rick kills him if only for starring in The Boondock Saints. And I hope it's the last we saw of Michael Rooker. Awful shoehorned character.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 11/13/2010 - 4:16am.
GJW's picture

Rookers character WAS horrible. But,seeing as though we didn't see his actual demise,he might return. Or,they at least left the door open. I never read the comic/novel so I don't even know if he is a normal character. I do know this. I am already bored with this series. I know it's only two in,but I found myself saying "come on,SOMETHING happen " last episode,and I was anxious for it to be over with so I could get to other business. Don't know,I might not stay tuned all season.

----------------------------------
"Well, for one thing, I think he was probably a closet homosexual who did a lot of cocaine. That whole Yale thing."

Submitted by GJW on Sat, 11/13/2010 - 5:57pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I think you need to exert a little patience for this series. It's normal for most series to start off slowly and spend some time establishing their characters before they hit their rhythm. Very few hit the ground running.

I remember that Breaking Bad took me 4 or 5 episodes before I was truly hooked.

P.S. Nothing wrong with Rooker's character. I think people took an immediate dislike to him because of how society has been classically conditioned to respond to the word nigger.

Look at Obama vs. Bush among the media. Throughout his presidency Bush was mocked (rightfully so) by comedians and impressionists. You will note that Obama who has spent 2 years proving a level of incompetence as great or greater than that of Bush is largely hands off. Any criticism is polite and satirists don't dare pop their heads out of the sand.

Black are the North American sacred cow.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Sun, 11/14/2010 - 6:17am.

LMAO, no it has nothing to do with his use of the word nigger it's that this character was so ridiculously cliche it's like he was lifted off of a how to writer's book on writing villains. He had a southern drawl, dirty clothes, and hated minorities.

Oh he said nigger! He's the bad guy of the episode!

Wow, original.

Rooker was the one real flaw in episode two. Painful flaw. And Rooker was terrible. I really hope he dies a painful death.

Put up all the social undertone arguments you want, it doesn't chance the obvious apparent fact that Rooker was completely utterly shoe-horned in to the episode as a personal favor. None of the Rooker boosters in this site can justify his horrible character or horrible performance.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 11/14/2010 - 9:17pm.
GJW's picture

Ditto. Had nothing to do with any words that came out. It was the character itself. Just...too much. Cliche,yes. As for giving things a chance,my problem is I'm an Aries and I have Adult ADD (LOL,so i'm told) so my attention span is like....oh look,shiny. Ok what was I saying? Oh yeah, and I am famous for staring at someone intently as if I am completely fascinated with what they are saying,yet,I don't really hear a single word. My mind is elsewhere lol.

----------------------------------

Submitted by GJW on Mon, 11/15/2010 - 3:39pm.
Vanvance1's picture

It does pay homage to George Romero's favourite theme in which the humans are more dangerous and irrational than the zombies themselves.

Personally I didn't think too much of the 2nd episode but I assume we're still getting necessary set-up for future character interactions.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Mon, 11/15/2010 - 7:35am.

I knew the Rooker fanboys were wrong. Rooker's character was awful and a complete cliche up and down. He nor his brother are actual characters of the comic, so it's not surprising the series found a reason to inject Rooker when he wasn't even needed in the first place.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 11/13/2010 - 8:04pm.