The Walking Dead on Blu-ray Priced!

We're all diggin' heavily on "The Walking Dead" and I'm sure we speak for all fans when we say that we simply can't wait to get this epic series on Blu-ray and DVD when it comes out. We don't know the exact date as of yet, but we do know how much it's going to cost and who will be handling distro!

According to High-Def Digest Starz/Anchor Bay looks to be releasing "The Walking Dead: Season One" on Blu-ray in the near future with a price tag of $49.99 for the Blu.

"The Walking Dead" is based on Robert Kirkman's popular comic series. It chronicles the months and years following a zombie apocalypse. Frank Darabont is the project's writer, director of the pilot, and exec producer with Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert also exec producing. KNB will be handling the effects, and Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Jeffrey DeMunn, IronE Singleton, Sarah Wayne Callies, Laurie Holden, Chandler Riggs, Steven Yeun, Michael Rooker, Emma Bell, Adrian Kali Turner, Linds Edwards, Keith Allen Hayes, and Jim Coleman star in the series.

To stay up-to-the-minute on all things walker related, follow @WalkingDead_AMC on Twitter and visit "The Walking Dead" on Facebook.

The Walking Dead

Walk with the dead in the comments section below!

Vanvance1's picture

$50 for 6 episodes?

C'mon Anchor Bay, you used to be FRIENDS of the horror community. This is just gouging and incitement for people to download the show.

Have these people learned nothing from what happened to the record companies?

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Mon, 11/08/2010 - 5:24pm.
moderator If you have no problem

If you have no problem spending 25-30 bucks for a movie on blu-ray that's usually about 90 mins, what's the problem with spending 50 for 6 1/2 hours minimum of entertainment?

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 11/08/2010 - 5:43pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I almost never spend $25-$30 on a blu-ray movie (unless it's extremely rare and foreign). I simply add it to my Amazon shopping cart and wait for it to become a reasonable price (read $15 and under) or find it on sale at best buy or used in a video store.

This is not being cheap, this is being sensible. I have hundreds of dvds and over a 150 blu rays. I am a collector and as such must spend my money wisely to grow the collection.

So yeah, Anchor Bay will eventually get my money, but not until they choose a saner price point for 6 episodes (which I will have already watched on TV).

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Mon, 11/08/2010 - 8:48pm.
moderator "I simply add it to my

"I simply add it to my Amazon shopping cart and wait for it to become a reasonable price (read $15 and under) or find it on sale at best buy or used in a video store."

I'm sure you'll be able to do the same with this, no?

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 11/08/2010 - 9:10pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I will, yes. But it would be nice for everyone if the prices didn't start out sky high. True I end up buying these things but I honestly believe it leads to a lot of piracy for those who don't feel like waiting.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Mon, 11/08/2010 - 9:34pm.
moderator Dude, if the price was 10.00

Dude, if the price was 10.00 people would still pirate it. And maybe if they'd STOP pirating these things the studios wouldn't have to charge big prices as a means to recoup the money they've lost to piracy.

It's a vicious circle.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 11/08/2010 - 10:10pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I really doubt it. I think when a studio is obviously gouging it makes consumers angry. I know I am.

Also, I resent that I buy DVDs and blu rays and am inundated with advertising that is often hard (or impossible) to skip. Pirated media lacks these annoyances.

Treat the consumer fairly and there will be LESS piracy. Not NO piracy, but a lot less.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Mon, 11/08/2010 - 10:18pm.
moderator You, my friend, have a lot

You, my friend, have a lot more faith in humanity than I do! LOL

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 11/08/2010 - 10:26pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I've never been accused of faith before.

I do think people can be motivated by their passions. For example, here we find people passionate about horror. It is not a casual entertainment, it's a love affair with the genre, a defining personal characteristic.

That's why it feels like a slap in the face when anchor bay knowingly gouges the fans. The truth is comparable to other tv box sets (especially for a half season of 6 episodes) $50 is just too high.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Tue, 11/09/2010 - 12:45am.
GJW's picture

"People have always been willing to pay for those things that give them pleasure or help define their existence."

Hahahahaha. LOL. That's me. I'll walk through the store and complain to myself (silently) about the price of Tide laundry detergent (seriously,that shit seems way too expensive,but I gotta have Tide with Bleach Alternative haha),or Milk,or a can of Tuna. THEN,I'll go home, put the groceries away and head out for the night,chugging 15 Becks or sipping on some (ok many) Crown on the rocks running up a $50 bar tab,throwing maybe $20-$50 in the Cherry Master,then throwing $170 towards an 8ball and NEVER EVER take 1 second to add up/think about what I spend. Hehe.

----------------------------------
"Well, for one thing, I think he was probably a closet homosexual who did a lot of cocaine. That whole Yale thing."

Submitted by GJW on Tue, 11/09/2010 - 1:16am.