New Hatchet II One-Sheet Makes a Splash!

An all new one-sheet for Adam Green's highly anticipated slasher flick Hatchet II has reared its head with echoes of the mighty Excalibur!

This second installment in the now franchise for Dark Sky Films focuses on Marybeth as she escapes from the clutches of Victor Crowley, learns the truth about his curse, and heads back into the haunted New Orleans swamp to seek revenge for her family and kill Victor Crowley once and for all.

Hatchet II's cast includes Danielle Harris, Tony Todd, R.A. Mihailoff, AJ Bowen, Tom Holland, Kathryn Fiore, Parry Shen, Rileah Vanderbilt, Ed Ackerman, Rick McCallum, Colton Dunn, David Foy, Nick Principe, Alexis Peters, and Kane Hodder as Victor Crowley.

For more on Hatchet II (review here), click here for the Hatchet II website, and of course follow @Adam_Fn_Green on Twitter!

Look for the film to be in AMC theatres on October 1st! Click here to find out why you should take a stand for unrated horror!

New Hatchet II One-Sheet Makes a Splash!

Hatchet II - Teaser Trailer
Uploaded by dreadcentral. - Full seasons and entire episodes online.

Raise your hatchet high in the comments section below!

Regardless of what you think of Green or his movies, Green is changing the face of horror and independent cinema forever with this release. It's a rather important release with a major theatrical chain, this is landmark. Unlike other horror directors, Green is ACTUALLY changing the face of film.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 09/13/2010 - 8:10pm.
moderator That's what I've been saying

That's what I've been saying for weeks now. This isn't even really about HATCHET II. It's so much bigger than that. Let's just hope horror fans put their money where there mouths are this time. If this flick succeeds it could literally change everything. I URGE everyone ... even if its not playing by you, go online. Buy a ticket. Think of it as making a statement. You want unrated films in theatres and you want them to open wide. That's ten bucks well spent methinks.

We may never get this chance again. We HAVE to use it wisely. Taking back power from the MPAA? It's like a revenge dream! Horror fans need to start doing some cutting of their own. Right here! Right NOW!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 09/13/2010 - 9:08pm.

Green has actually stepped up and taken the support of AMC and Dark Sky Films and is promising to lead the way in to a new era of indie filmmaking and horror. We could be looking at the new age of gritty horror not bound by MPAA and allowing for more original content and better companies to come along and push their support for up and coming filmmakers to display their artistic vision.

Green is paving the way for new indie filmmakers and we could be seeing a new NOTLD or Last House on the Left coming our way, but ONLY if we support this new release and show Green and the MPAA that we're supporting horror and are not going to be sold on horrible remakes and watered down dribble anymore.

Finally someone has come along to set a new era in horror, and we have to help him. After so many years of people promising to change the genre, we finally have someone who is doing it before our eyes.

We have to support it.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 09/14/2010 - 1:52am.
moderator Couldn't have said it better

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Tue, 09/14/2010 - 2:22am.

The rest depends on us.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 09/14/2010 - 6:20pm.
Genrewriter's picture

It's going out unrated? Cool!

Submitted by Genrewriter on Mon, 09/13/2010 - 4:17pm.
moderator Yep and this is really

Yep and this is really important if you ask me. This is the first time since Romero's Dawn of the Dead that a movie is going out Unrated wide! If its successful we could take back a lot of the power that has been given to the MPAA.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 09/13/2010 - 5:58pm.
Cinemascribe's picture

I may be mistaken, but didn't TCM 2 and Romero's Day of the Dead also have wide releases in their uncut versions? I distinctly remember several theatres in my area- and I mean big chains like UA AND AMC- carrying them with the infamous disclaimer announcing that "Due to the graphic nature of the violence in this film, no one under 17 will be admitted." There were also a number of television and newspaper ads for each.

At any rate, I plan to try and see this if I can. I perused the released list of theatres and it looks as if Miami is my closest bet. If I have the time, I just might make that sixty mile drive to go see this in it's full-blooded glory on the big screen. Anything for the cause. Personally, I long for the day when I can see more trailers for horror films flash that disclaimer again.

__________________________________________________
"I'm saying that I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man...and loved it. But now the dream is over..and the insect is awake." - Seth Brundle

Submitted by Cinemascribe on Wed, 09/15/2010 - 2:08am.