Amityville Horror Home Back Up for Sale

Have "High Hopes" and an extra $1.15M laying around? Then you, my friend, can buy what could quite possibly be the most infamous house on the face of the Earth.

That's right, curiosity seekers! The home that Ronald "Butch" Defeo, Jr. shot and killed his six family members in back in 1974 is now once again on the market. As every horror fan knows, this is also the same home that George and Kathleen Lutz bought and fled from after just a twenty-eight-day stay a couple of years later, thus launching one of the most controversial paranormal based cases ever.

Sure the house looks a lot different now than it did in its heyday and its address has been changed from 112 Ocean Ave to 108 Ocean Ave, but it's still the real deal!

Check out the news listing over at Newsday for a photo gallery of the home as it is now and a bit more.

Amityville Horror Home Back Up for Sale

Own a piece of history in the Dread Central forums!

Aw hell, I was going to buy a porsche, but I'll buy this instead.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 05/25/2010 - 4:52pm.
FireRam's picture

The FIRST thing I would do is put the original windows back in !!!!!! This house looks weak.

----------------------------------------------------
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius,and I approved this message.

Submitted by FireRam on Tue, 05/25/2010 - 12:01pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

No shit, it'd be cool if a horror fan bought it.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Tue, 05/25/2010 - 1:19pm.
FireRam's picture

I say ALL DC members get together and we make an offer. Then we can split it up over weekends. I would kill (hehe) to stay in that house overnight. I'd get drunk though.

----------------------------------------------------
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius,and I approved this message.

Submitted by FireRam on Tue, 05/25/2010 - 1:29pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

Great idea! A timeshare. Then, when its not in use it can be a bed and breakfast and we can take turns hiding in the house and moaning and rattling chains at night for the guests. It could be the ultimate getaway weekend and turn a profit.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Tue, 05/25/2010 - 1:33pm.
frank_dracman's picture

A haunted bed and breakfast? Floyd, you're a goddamn genius.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Tue, 05/25/2010 - 3:11pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I thought this house had been torn down.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Tue, 05/25/2010 - 8:34am.