Hatchet II - Get Your Picture in the Swamp at the Weekend of Horrors

We're sure the Hatchet Army will be in full effect this weekend at Creation's Weekend of Horrors, and to reward fans for their loyalty, Adam Green and Dark Sky Films have cooked up something pretty damned nifty!

On Saturday, 5/22, from 11 am-12 noon, Dark Sky will be setting up a "swamp" area at their booth where director Adam Green will be on hand to meet and greet fans. Even cooler everyone on hand will have a chance to take a "photo in the swamp" with Adam, which will then be printed and handed to the fans onsite.

Then after that you can go and dig on the official Hatchet II panel, which I'll be moderating, that will feature Kane Hodder, Tony Todd, Danielle Harris, Tom Holland, R.A. Mihailoff, AJ Bowen, Rileah Vanderbilt, Parry Shen, and of course Adam Green. The panel is set to start at 1:00 pm, and fans will receive a Hatchet II poster, which can be autographed by the cast FREE of charge.

Be there to fly your freak flag and hold your hatchet high!

General admission tickets are available in advance through WeekendOfHorrors.net or at the door for $20 on Friday and $25 each on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets for children 7-12 are $10 at the door only, and children six and under are free with parent or guardian. Show hours are Friday, 5 PM–10 PM, and Saturday and Sunday, 11 AM–7 PM (times are tentative). For further information call Creation Entertainment at 818/409-0960 or visit their website.

To receive up-to-date info as it's announced, visit the Weekend of Horrors Facebook Page, the Weekend of Horrors MySpace page, and follow @weekendOhorrors on Twitter.

Hatchet II - Get Your Picture in the Swamp at the Weekend of Horrors

Raise it up in the Dread Central forums!

Rottenjesus's picture

I think I enjoy HATCHET so much because it makes Terminal punch himself in the balls with incoherent rage. ;)

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 5:17pm.
I do that

I do that anyway.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 5:38pm.
Rob's picture

I watched it once when it first came out and thought it was decent, and then I tried watching it again a few months later and ended up just turning it off twenty minutes in and putting Wrong Turn 2 on instead.

Submitted by Rob on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 3:55pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I don't get all the anti-Hatchet sentiment. It wasn't anything new but it was good slasher fun. I thought the characters were amusing and the movie seemed to be made by people who gave a shit.

It was sure as hell better than the last Friday the 13th.

I look forward to Hatchet 2.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 3:20pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

I'm with you. I don't typically like slashers but I've watched Hatchet a couple times and enjoyed it. Like you say, it's fun.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Sat, 05/22/2010 - 12:19am.

I was going to say something clever like Jason beats ---- any day of the week but I can't for the life of me figure out the name of the monster in "Hatchet." That's how long lasting this movie has become in my mind.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 3:42pm.
LifeMi's picture

I watched Hatchet for the first time back in December; I couldn't even get halfway through it, it was so dull and uninspired. I might check out this one, BIG might.

Submitted by LifeMi on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 1:59pm.

I agree LifeMi. When I was finally able to see it I kept thinking "This is it?!" I'm so sick of people creaming for these glorified fan films with their endless homages covering up an otherwise lame and contrived premise with these one dimensional unlikable characters. Adam Green is walking on thin ice with Ti West for me right now.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 2:22pm.
Vermithrax's picture

I gave the first Hatchet one then more chance. The movie is terrible. So I'm not bothering with the second one. Or any other horror film where the cast is composed of washed up horror icons that make their living at conventions for that matter.

Submitted by Vermithrax on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 12:32pm.

Yeah I saw "Hatchet" three times and I just don't see the big deal at all. It's so sub-par a movie, it should rightfully have come and gone without much of a whisper.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 1:09pm.

Meh.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 10:38am.