Burke and Hare Teaser Art Debuts at Cannes

Another slice of coolness out of Cannes today ... the teaser art for the John Landis directed true crime tale of the macabre Burke and Hare has made its debut, and as expected, it's deliciously devilish.

Along with Simon Pegg and Andy Serkis as the title characters, Burke and Hare stars Isla Fisher, Jessica Hynes, Tom Wilkinson, Tim Curry, Ronnie Corbett, Reece Shearsmith, David Schofield, Allan Corduner, Bill Bailey, Hugh Bonneville, and Michael Smiley.

For those unfamiliar with the misdeeds of Burke and Hare, which were known as the West Port Murders -- These crimes were perpetrated in Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1827 and 1828. The killings were attributed to Irish immigrants William Burke and William Hare, who sold the corpses of their seventeen victims to the Edinburgh Medical College for dissection.

Synopsis
"WILLIAM BURKE and WILLIAM HARE are scratching out a living in 1830s Edinburgh. After yet another failed business venture, they return to Hare’s lodging house to find that their tenant has suddenly died on rent day. As the boys decide how to dispose of the body over a drink, they discover that a corpse can fetch a hefty price. Edinburgh is the centre of the medical universe and the city’s doctors are crying out for more cadavers for their educational lectures. First they try the infamous DR. MONRO, but he’s not interested, so they sell the corpse to DR. KNOX, his vain and ambitious rival who urges them to bring any more ‘unfortunates’ they may stumble upon. Entrepreneurial Hare is quick to realize they’ve hit on a great money making venture and despite the more sensitive Burke’s misgivings, they embark on a series of plans to secure more bodies. They arrange a series of deadly ‘accidents’ for the local unfortunates and to celebrate their success, they go out on the town to celebrate. There, Burke meets GINNY, a beautiful and spirited aspiring actress. In a series of hilarious comic misadventures Burke and Hare begin to secure a steady stream of bodies and the cash starts rolling in."

Click on the teaser below to check out the full poster over at Slash Film!

Burke and Hare Teaser Art Debuts at Cannes

Dig up the Dread Central forums!

Gasp! Isla Fischer in a corset! Oh... it just moved.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 5:16pm.
Vanvance1's picture

She is a saucy wench.

I'm looking forward to this. Oddly enough Landis made one of the better Masters of Horror episodes.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Fri, 05/14/2010 - 2:35am.

There's no such thing as a good "Masters of horror" episode.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 05/14/2010 - 2:47am.
FireRam's picture

I really liked "Episode On and Off a Mountain Road" directed by Don Coscarelli. That would be one of my favorites,with "Cigarette Burns" by Carpenter in 2005 next. Granted,"Masters of Horror" overall are mostly let downs(IMO), but there are a few really good ones.

----------------------------------------------------
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius,and I approved this message.

Submitted by FireRam on Fri, 05/14/2010 - 12:16pm.
LivingDeadPunk's picture

Brad Anderson's Sounds Like was really good, too. And I got a kick out of The Washingtonians. That was funny shit.

Submitted by LivingDeadPunk on Sat, 05/15/2010 - 4:08pm.

"Episode On and Off a Mountain Road" was a good one I'll give you that. Otherwise even the above par ones are really bad. Showtime could have given us an all out horror orgy and brilliance on television, instead it was all crap.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 05/14/2010 - 2:36pm.
FireRam's picture

I think that I'm just happy it even existed. A good way to get a horror fix when there really (other than your movies) wasn't much on TV or cable. I just remembered "Pelts" also. That was kind of fun. I'd say overall there are maybe 5 that I remember (and I saw every one) so.......that probably says alot. "Jennifer" just came to mind now also.I did kind of like "Jennifer".

----------------------------------------------------
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius,and I approved this message.

Submitted by FireRam on Fri, 05/14/2010 - 5:49pm.

Tell me FireRam, would you have boned Jenifer? Even with that ass face and that gorgeous body?
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 05/14/2010 - 5:52pm.
FireRam's picture

That's why we(males) use the "doggie style" position.
And of course,there's always Tequila!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius,and I approved this message.

Submitted by FireRam on Fri, 05/14/2010 - 6:59pm.

She seemed to be a really good lay, even if she ate everyone that tried to horn in on their sex.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 05/14/2010 - 7:21pm.