Rotten Cotton Gets Creepy and Dead

Wow. The surreal moments just keep on coming. When I did my part in George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead, I had no idea where it would lead. Seeing the finished product was cool, and seeing the fan reaction for the most part was even better. I couldn't be more pleased. But now comes this. The strangest news story I've ever written.

Yesterday I put up my own personal Survival of the Dead diary, which was met with a really warm reception that I'm absolutely grateful beyond words for. In the movie I play one of the featured zombies who take part in one of the film's best scenes. Yep, my forty seconds of fame are truly a gloriously gory sight. Many people have said that I was a bitchin' looking corpse, and for that too I'm thankful. But I never expected to be good enough to make it to a fuckin' t-shirt!

Below you'll find Rotten Cotton's latest design by artist Chuck Bird featuring ... well ... me. The shirt will be available at the upcoming Creation LA Weekend of Horrors and will later be for sale on the official Rotten Cotton website.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go pinch myself. Maybe throw some ice water on my face.

Rotten Cotton Gets Creepy and Dead

Rotten Cotton Gets Creepy and Dead

Shamble on into the Dread Central forums!

Floydian Trip's picture

I just have one question.

Have you taken the make-up off yet?

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Fri, 05/07/2010 - 10:58am.
moderator The make-up sadly came off

The make-up sadly came off shortly after the scene wrapped. I wanted to keep it but it kinda just turned into rubbery goop afterward. I thought about flying home with it on though! LOL

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 05/07/2010 - 1:31pm.
admin moderator There will be no living with
Jon Condit's picture

There will be no living with him now...

Submitted by Jon Condit on Fri, 05/07/2010 - 12:16am.
moderator Poor Debi said the same

Poor Debi said the same thing! LOL

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 05/07/2010 - 2:22am.
admin moderator LOL
Jon Condit's picture

LOL

Submitted by Jon Condit on Fri, 05/07/2010 - 6:17am.

HAHAHAHA that's awesome!

Submitted by The Butcher on Thu, 05/06/2010 - 11:51pm.
Gareth Jones's picture

Likeness royalties???? LOL.

HUGE amounts of congrats, amigo! This must be such a mind-blowing dream come true. Rotten Cotton's shirts rock.

Submitted by Gareth Jones on Thu, 05/06/2010 - 10:45pm.
moderator I told them I don't want a

I told them I don't want a dime and I meant that. This is an honor for me and one that's beyond my wildest dreams. It's just insane.

Thanks for the kudos, man!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 05/07/2010 - 2:23am.
Rorschach's picture

How surreal is it going to be, Creepy, when you're at a Con now and you see a bunch of people running around with your face on their T-shirt?

You, my friend, have indeed ARRIVED! ;)

One question: Is it too late to be a part of the entourage?

Submitted by Rorschach on Thu, 05/06/2010 - 10:20pm.
moderator Dude ... my brain can't even

Dude ... my brain can't even process that. I'm so not ready for that kind of experience. Fuck it though, you know? I'm just taking the ride. At the end of the day I'll always be the same asshole that's been kickin' around the scene for the last decade. Still ... this is truly mind blowing shit.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 05/07/2010 - 2:26am.