More Names Added to the Creation Weekend of Horrors Guest List!
The biggest horror show in LA just got a quite a bit bigger! More horror talent has signed on to join the already impressive list of genre celebs that will be lurking about the upcoming Creation Weekend of Horrors!
Creation Entertainment’s Weekend of Horrors presented by Dark Sky Films returns to Los Angeles Friday, May 21, through Sunday, May 23, with the gory best of terror talent from both film and TV. This fright-filled three-day event will be held at the Marriott Los Angeles Airport, 5855 West Century Blvd., Los Angeles.
Frightful favorites scheduled to appear include: writer/director Dario Argento and stars from A Nightmare on Elm Street and Never Sleep Again Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger), Heather Langenkamp (Nancy Thompson), and John Saxon (Lt. Thompson).
As well as make-up F/X legend Tom Savini, and on the Hatchet 2 panel which I will be moderating on Saturday look for Tony Todd, Danielle Harris, Tom Holland, and R.A. Mihailoff to join director Adam Green and Victor Crowley himself -- Kane Hodder.
The Weekend of Horrors also offers a variety of star-packed panels, including:
• Hatchet 2 Panel will bring the genre’s hottest names to present a fun and informative panel including filmmaker Adam Green, Kane Hodder, Tony Todd, Tom Holland, and R.A. Mihailoff.
• Michael Myers Panel, where your favorite Halloween stars will participate in a special panel including Tony Moran, Will Sandin, Dick Warlock, George P. Wilbur, and more.
• Jason Voorhees Panel will bring the Friday the 13th actors together on stage including Ari Lehman, Warrington Gillette, Steve Dash, Richard Brooker, Ted White, and more.
• Re-Animator Panel will include writer/director Stuart Gordon and actors Jeffrey Combs, Barbara Crampton, Robert Sampson, Bruce Abbott, and Dennis Paoli.
• Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy Panel will include directors Daniel Farrands and Andrew Kasch along with writer/producer Thommy Hutson and more.
Attendees will also find a large assortment of exhibits offering horror film merchandise and collectibles along with photo ops and autographs.
Also returning this year will be The Frightful Film Room running films all weekend long; The Gruesome Art Ghoullery featuring some of the best artists and artwork of horror; The Zombie Walk; The Zombie Ball; Shock-N-Roll Spooktacular music event with the X-Treme Fashion Show; and the popular contests Terrifying Tattoo Contest and the Creepy Costume Contest.
General admission tickets are available in advance through WeekendOfHorrors.net or at the door for $20 on Friday and $25 each on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets for children 7-12 are $10 at the door only, and children six and under are free with parent or guardian. Show hours are Friday, 2 PM–8 PM, and Saturday and Sunday, 11 AM–7 PM (times are tentative). For further information call Creation Entertainment at 818/409-0960 or visit their website.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Plan your weekend in the Dread Central forums!