Official Trailer - Aja's Piranha 3D

No more of that old trailer that has been jumping on and off the Internet for months! The full official trailer for Alexandre Aja's remake of the Roger Corman classic Piranha in 3D is here -- mean and meaty!

Look for Aja's Piranha 3D, which promises to be home to lots of boobs and blood, in theatres on August 27th.

Synopsis
Jaws... lots and lots of jaws. From acclaimed director Alexandre Aja (The Hills Have Eyes) comes the new action thriller PIRANHA 3D, in the latest eye-popping 3D technology. A new type of terror is about to be cut loose on beautiful Lake Victoria. After a sudden underwater tremor sets free scores of the prehistoric man-eating fish, an unlikely group of strangers must band together to stop themselves from becoming fish food for the area’s new razor-toothed residents. But our heroine (Elisabeth Shue) is seriously outnumbered, and with only one chance to save the lake and her family from totally being devoured, she must risk everything to destroy the aquatic carnivores herself."

Dig on it below courtesy of Yahoo! Movies.

Nibble at the folks in the Dread Central forums!

Looks fun. The CGI sucks, but whatever. Bad special effects are a hallmark of B-movie creature features. Don't know why anyone would expect that to change just because it's CGI.

In any case, I'll be seeing this for sure. Aja disappointed me with Mirrors, but I loved the Hills Have Eyes remake (better than the original imo), and I really liked all but the ridiculous final minutes of High Tension. 2/3 ain't bad, so let's hope this makes him 3/4. This looks like the same kind of manic, bloody fun as Hills Have Eyes, but with a more lighthearted, comic angle.

Submitted by hegemon13 on Mon, 05/03/2010 - 10:37am.
Vanvance1's picture

I hope the practical f/x are better than the CGI.

On the other hand I like the tongue in cheek vibe the trailer is displaying. The original was fun (by the great Joe Dante) and this one looks to be equally silly.

I'm in.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Mon, 05/03/2010 - 1:38am.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

At first I thought it was supposed to be serious and it turned me off, but then I watched the trailer again and I realized that you're exactly right. This movie is supposed to be silly. So I'm definitely in.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Mon, 05/03/2010 - 10:42am.
LivingDeadPunk's picture

I think many of you are missing the point here. This is not Jurassic fucking Park, here. Think more along the lines of Snakes on a Plane. I can't wait for this. It's going to be stupid bloody fun, hopefully with plenty of boobs. I'm gonna sneak some booze into the theater and probably enjoy the everloving shit out of this dumb movie. ...In 3-D! ...And In 3-D before Avatar, so not just as an afterthought!

Submitted by LivingDeadPunk on Sat, 05/01/2010 - 11:38am.
doubleh55's picture

I think I get the point. The point is to try to make as much money as you can opening weekend. However, I don't see one cent of that money so I would prefer to see something good and scary. There is no way this movie can ever be scary with those horrible CGI fish.

Plus, Snakes on a Plane sucked so I don't really want a movie to try to emulate that.

Submitted by doubleh55 on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 5:02pm.
LivingDeadPunk's picture

Um... Have you seen The original Piranha? Or it's sequel or the first remake of it? If you're looking for something scary, then, yes, avoid any movie called Piranha.

Who remembers the awesome little stop motion piranha with legs? Man, I loved that thing.

Submitted by LivingDeadPunk on Mon, 05/03/2010 - 12:41pm.

1.21 PIRANHA-WATTS!!!!

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Fri, 04/30/2010 - 8:19pm.
DavidFullam's picture

Saw the 3D trailer when I went to see Clash of the Titans. Wasn't too impressed then, not too impressed now.

Submitted by DavidFullam on Fri, 04/30/2010 - 7:55pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

Haha, pregnant with a queen piranha. This is the first time I've seen the fish and they look pretty dumb, gotta agree with you guys. I can never take Ving Rhames seriously. I'll give him The Green Mile because he doesn't talk or do much but I can't respect the man at all after Day of the Dead.

Aja is actually a talented studio puppet though isn't he? Isn't he about as good as it gets or is Paul W.S. Anderson the superior filmmaker?

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Fri, 04/30/2010 - 7:28pm.

That's Michael Clarke Duncan! He was in the Green Mile!

Ving Rhames was in Pulp Fiction, Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead.

God.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 04/30/2010 - 7:51pm.
FireRam's picture

Not to mention "Striptease", "Dark Blue", the "Mission Impossibles" and who could forget "Con Air". How can you confuse a guy with a kick ass middle name like RAMSES with M.C. Duncan. LOL

Submitted by FireRam on Sat, 05/01/2010 - 10:58pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

Um, they all look the same?

Neither one of them can act.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 11:36am.

That's actually very very incorrect. Michael Clarke Duncan can act very well, Ving Rhames can't.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 8:00pm.

Actually, he was quite good in Rosewood, but other than that, yeah, he's not so good.

Submitted by hegemon13 on Mon, 05/03/2010 - 10:32am.
doubleh55's picture

Is it because he's black?

Submitted by doubleh55 on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 4:57pm.
RingoJ's picture

Floyd doesn't care about black people.

Submitted by RingoJ on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 8:05pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I love black people I just don't care for ones that can't act for shit. Dare I bring up Daredevil?

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 8:29pm.
Vanvance1's picture

The black actor I have the most respect for is Mr. T. He perfectly embodies what it means to be black in a world where the MAN has it in for him.

I PITY DA FOO'!

The fact that he has been replaced in the A-Team movie is a crime against black humanity everywhere!

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Mon, 05/03/2010 - 1:36am.

Impeach the son of a bitch.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 8:13pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I don't think that's it because Denzel Washington manages to be great in everything he does.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 7:59pm.
FireRam's picture

Still, If I was a black guy and your wallet was stolen I would not want to be in the line-up!! LOL

Submitted by FireRam on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 8:31pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I'm pretty sure I'm the only member of this site that watched This Is It and not only was amazed by it and loved it but went out and bought the soundtrack the next day.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 9:00pm.

I watched "This Is It" on a transatlantic flight, and thought it was a wonderful movie and musical experience. It was also great to see Jackson being more of himself, and not the puppet he often came across in interviews. In terms of the 'behind the scenes' stuff, I loved how he was involved in all aspects of the process of bringing this concert to life, and clearly the people working with him felt honored to be a part of it, and valued/appreciated. Sure there were times when it was as fake as his nose, but this film was a fitting tribute to MJ and I have more than a few times thought of buying it. It also showed that MJ was nothing short of a musical genius... He HAD real talent, even though by the end it had begun to lose some of it's bite. I was listening to "Off The Wall" in the van the other day, and it still sounds fresh and interesting as the day it was released. Not sure he is sadly missed, but he left a mark that will be hard to forget for many years!

Please consider the environment before printing this message...

Submitted by PelusaMG on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 10:24pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I was transfixed by the movie. The music, the attention to detail, the editing, everything you mentioned. It's quite an amazing tribute. It would have been mind blowing to see the concert being performed live. I do want to buy this as well. I've rented it twice so far. I enjoyed it so much more than my gf and her daughters who are huge fans even.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Mon, 05/03/2010 - 11:48am.

I'll see "This is it" eventually. I'm not a fan of concert movies that don't revolve around classic rock. But I was a huge fan of Michael Jackson, so I hope to see it soon.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 10:26pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

You can call me baby it don't matter if you're black or white. Heehee.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 8:39pm.

What the effing hell was that final shot? Is that girl pregnant with a queen piranha, that they stop and look at her like that? And I agree with doubleh55... the CGI is AWFUL. I'll still go and see this, but my expectations have significantly lowered after seeing this trailer, and I bet it gets a critical mauling too! :(

Submitted by PelusaMG on Fri, 04/30/2010 - 6:52pm.
doubleh55's picture

Wait? What the fuck was that? Is it really possible in 2010 to have the CGI look that bad? Look, I'm all for Eli Roth dying a horrible death but why would all of those fish just stop dead in their tracks? Do they know they're in a movie and had to make sure they got their money shot? What's up with them surrounding that one dude and only attacking after he lights up the place? Did they know that was coming?

Can we just admit that Alexander Aja is only one step removed from Platinum Dunes?

Submitted by doubleh55 on Fri, 04/30/2010 - 6:30pm.