Summit Names a Director for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn

Does The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn FINALLY Have a Director?Summit Entertainment has (finally!) confirmed that Academy Award-winning Bill Condon will direct The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, based on the fourth novel in author Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series.

Still no word on whether or not Breaking Dawn, which is currently being written by Melissa Rosenberg, will be two films and in 3D as rumored. But the studio did verify that stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner will all be back. Wyck Godfrey, Karen Rosenfelt, and Stephenie Meyer will produce the project.

"Bringing Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn to the screen requires a graceful and intelligent hand, and we believe Bill Condon is exactly the right steward, having shown equal and abundant talents of immense creativity and subtle sensitivity," said Erik Feig, President of Production and Acquisitions, for Summit Entertainment.

Added author Stephenie Meyer, "I'm so thrilled that Bill wants to work with us. I think he's going to be a great fit, and I'm excited to see what he does with the material."

"I'm very excited to get the chance to bring the climax of this saga to life on-screen. As fans of the series know, this is a one-of-a-kind book - and we're hoping to create an equally unique cinematic experience," said Bill Condon.

Condon is well known for writing and directing Dreamgirls, Kinsey, and Gods and Monsters, for which he won the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay in 1999. He was nominated for a second Oscar for his screenplay for the movie musical Chicago in 2003. Most recently the multi-hyphenate directed the pilot episode for the Showtime series “The Big C” and produced the 81st Annual Academy Awards telecast, hosted by Hugh Jackman.

According to the Herald Sun Christian Serratos, who plays Bella’s friend Angela in the films, was quoted as saying The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn will begin production in October. Christian let the date slip on Monday while she was in Australia for the Twilight convention at Melbourne University.

Keep it here for more as additional details on Breaking Dawn come forth.

- Debi Moore

Wonder how the hell they'll handle that birthing scene in the Dread Central forums.

How in the bloody motherfucking hell are they bringing aboard great directors for this piece of shit, but for remakes of NOES, Friday the 13th, and Halloween, they just enlist music video and commercial directors?

STOP THE MADNESS!!!
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 04/28/2010 - 4:46pm.
Vanvance1's picture

Dude, this movie is the CLIMAX of the series, of course they need a CONDON!

(Plays a rim shot.)

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Thu, 04/29/2010 - 2:19am.
Katsumi's picture

Its funny you ask that because I really think everyone who's directed the movies so fare's done a shitty job.

And I like the directors with the exseption of Hardwick, but really each time one of the films comes out I get just a little more disapointedm with the way the director went...

But I do agree, with the re-makes they've been shovling out why couldn't some better directors be doing them instead of the Twilight saga?

Submitted by Katsumi on Wed, 04/28/2010 - 10:39pm.

If Cronenberg did NOES, or David Slade did Friday the 13th then I could get behind it. I'd still be mad, but I could be more open to it than some film school drop outs who've only directed music videos. It's ridiculous.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 04/28/2010 - 10:45pm.
Katsumi's picture

Yeah I have to agree with that 100% and this is coming from some one who likes Rob Zombies music.. I cant so much say I'm his biggest film fan, the first Halloween wasn as shitty as it could have been but it wasn't the best either...

Submitted by Katsumi on Wed, 04/28/2010 - 11:01pm.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

Condon probably went "hm, Twilight = guaranteed box office hit = last movie being a finicial hit = me having clout for doing film I really want to do next."

Honestly, I'd direct a Twilight film if I got either a big paycheck or a guarantee to finance my next project.

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Wed, 04/28/2010 - 6:21pm.

Then I spit on you good sir.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 04/28/2010 - 6:27pm.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

Straight outta film school, can't turn down a potential paycheck or a gateway to a project I really want to do.

Then again...I'm a total whore :P

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Wed, 04/28/2010 - 6:35pm.

Spit! I spit on you! Spit!
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 04/28/2010 - 6:37pm.
FireRam's picture

So what are you saying here Terminal? You don't feel Rob Zombie is a great director?

Hehe.

Submitted by FireRam on Wed, 04/28/2010 - 6:18pm.
Get out of my

Get out of my head!!
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 04/28/2010 - 6:20pm.
FireRam's picture

YES! YES! OMG YES I can not wait for the next Twilight movie. OMG YES! Oh man I can't even sit still. YES!

Ahem.................J/K.

Submitted by FireRam on Wed, 04/28/2010 - 2:14pm.
Katsumi's picture

If thats the case how about them giving this movie a proper R rating?

Submitted by Katsumi on Wed, 04/28/2010 - 2:11pm.
Vanvance1's picture

Are you insane? The ratings board would get 15 billion texts from angry teen girls and gay men!

The overload of texts could lead to bankruptcy for the parents paying for those phones. Millions of people could wind up on the street!

No, give this thing the Disney G it deserves.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Thu, 04/29/2010 - 2:22am.