More Gaming Nastiness From Naughty Bear

Three more wicked little trailers starring a demented teddy bear who's looking to kill his cuddly friends in the most violent ways imaginable have stitched their way online and we have every absurd second of it for you!

Naughty Bear is a grisly psychopath slicing a path of manipulation and terror across a cartoon world of otherwise blissful teddy bears on the Island of Perfection. The other bears have gotten away with blaming Naughty Bear for everything that has gone wrong on the island — until now.

Naughty Bear tells the tale of one demented teddy bear’s ruthless efforts to torment and harass the inhabitants of the Island of Perfection. Gamers will engage in sadistic scuffles with hapless stuffed animals from all corners of the toy box, waging psychological warfare on unsuspecting victims. Hellbent on exacting revenge against everything cute and fluffy, Naughty Bear will be available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in Q2 2010.

Key Features:

• Saturday Morning Storyline Gone Wrong: Features a unique blend of comic mischief and syrupy cuteness juxtaposed with over-the-top cartoon violence.
  • Encounter Bigger, Badder Bears: As the game progresses, the innocent, law-abiding bears that cross Naughty Bear’s path get more difficult to overcome, with unique characteristics and weaponry encountered at every level.
  • Wreak Havoc on the Teddy Bears’ Picnic: Players create mass chaos and collect “Naughty Points” by unleashing an arsenal of attacks using a variety of brutal weapons and strategizing the demise of Naughty Bear’s cute and cuddly enemies.
  • An Entire Island of Mischief to Unlock: The debauchery transpires on a large island divided into four different areas, locked or unlocked depending on the level and skill of each gamer. There are a total of 28 levels to unlock by obtaining top scores and achievements as gamers move through the island and destroy each stuffing-filled foe that crosses their path.
  • You’ll Never Tire of Being Naughty: Naughty Bear lets loose a large range of objectives and obstacles at different times of the day and in different weather with a diverse cast of characters. Gameplay changes every time, with a large selection of unique ways to cause naughtiness throughout the island, ensuring endless replayability.
  • Boast to the other Bears: Gamers can compete in a range of hilarious multiplayer games and see how their naughtiness levels stack up against others, as they earn a number of achievements and trophies.
  • Find All the Locked Away Fun: Gamers can collect all the hidden party items locked away by the other bears and search the game world for bear uniforms that will give Naughty Bear special powers and upgrades.
  • Enough talk! Check out the goods below and for more info visit the official Naughty Bear website here!

Naughty Bear

Naughty Bear - Cake Mixer
    Uploaded by dreadcentral. - Discover more gaming videos.

Naughty Bear - Cut Scene
    Uploaded by dreadcentral. - Watch game reviews, trailers, and walkthrough videos.

Naughty Bear - Blair Witch Parody
    Uploaded by dreadcentral. - Check out more gaming videos.

Get naughty in the Dread Central forums!

I might have to pick up a 360 just so I can play this.

Submitted by Nibbets on Mon, 04/19/2010 - 9:12pm.
    Floydian Trip's picture

Buy a PS3. They don't have a 90% failure rate.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Mon, 04/19/2010 - 9:18pm.
    Gareth Jones's picture

360 FTW. I dunno, I just LOVE the console even though I've had a failure. Xbox Live is awesome and the PS3 is just way too expensive, still. I'll probably cave for God of War 3, though.

Submitted by Gareth Jones on Mon, 04/19/2010 - 9:45pm.
    Floydian Trip's picture

The PS3 is cheap now. I bought it at launch and thought it was a bargain. If/when my 360 dies again I'm done with Microsoft.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Mon, 04/19/2010 - 10:07pm.
    moderator As the owner of a 360, a

As the owner of a 360, a PS3, and a Wii let me tell you each one has their flaws. The 360 is more of a pure gaming system with tons to offer. The PS3 while decent enough with its handful of exclusives, I use as more of a blu-ray player than anything else, and the Wii ... well the Wii is just there.

I can tell you this ... despite its flaws (of which they've pretty much gotten under control with the newer models) getting rid of the 360 for the PS3 is a big mistake. Especially if you're interested in playing good games.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 04/19/2010 - 10:37pm.
    Vanvance1's picture

I'm very happy with my PS3.

Microsoft hardware just doesn't work. My previous x-box wouldn't load the dvd half the time. The people I know with 360's have had nothing but problems.

Of course I'm not a hardcore gamer these days. Mostly I use it as a blu ray player (and aside from the Sony remote it's superb). I'm very pleased that it will eventually have a 3D firmware upgrade for when (likely next year) I make the move to a 3D tv.

I have noticed there are some great (and now cheap) games for my PS3. Lately I've been impressed with Infamous and LittleBigPlanet (I know, late to the party).

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Tue, 04/20/2010 - 2:18am.
    Gareth Jones's picture

Let's not forget the massive problems with the original fat PS2s, which Sony refused to even acknowledge. It's not about brand loyalty (which Sony made a HUGE attempt at stoking at the beginning of the war), but what makes the hardware.

So, to be done with "Microsoft" is wrong. You'd be done with the 360. In fact, what made me go for a 360 over PS3 was Sony's rampant smear campaign over the opening months, which included far too many lies in their official magazine.

Submitted by Gareth Jones on Mon, 04/19/2010 - 10:32pm.
    Floydian Trip's picture

I'll still wait a year to buy the next Microsoft system to see if they somehow figured out how to make reliable hardware. I will not buy another 360. I think people who do that are either really dumb or they have alot of money to burn.

The PS3 kicks ass with software. Sony always has. God of War III is delicious.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Mon, 04/19/2010 - 10:47pm.