Thanks for Watching Adam Mason's Pig Right Here on Dread Central

Thanks for watching! We hope you had time to watch it, grab it from us, and share it on DVD with your friends. We even have artwork for you to save and use! Dig it below!

Pig (review here) will simultaneously have its world premiere right here on Dread Central and over on Bloody Disgusting and Twitch. Pretty nifty, huh? All you have to do is show up, tune in, and dig it!

Just be here on Today at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT, and we'll do the rest! Look for more details soon!

Twitch film describes Pig as:

"Together with frequent collaborator Andrew Howard, Mason has completed an entirely different film during the waiting period for Luster. Shot on the cheap and on the sly, with any word kept carefully out of the press until the film was complete, Pig is a grueling exercise in single-take horror, a savage satire on American gender roles built around a lunatic central performance from Andrew Howard. With the runtime dominated by a single 70+-minute take, this is something entirely new from Mason, a technical experiment that builds on the themes and approach of his earlier work."

DOWNLOAD FULL-SIZED PIG DVD ART HERE

Adam Mason's Pig to World Premiere FREE Right Here on Dread Central

Squeal for help in the Dread Central forums!

I hate to point this out because I really dig this movie....but the claim of it being one single shot of approximate 70 mins is misleading. I'm a bit upset because this was the main attraction for me. HOWEVER, there were several "cuts" that were carefully placed within this 70 min scene that I noticed. Like the cooler opening up, the sheet swiping the camera etc. I really liked the movie but when it claims ones thing but isn't, then it's misleading and REALLY disappointing. I was actually looking forward to see if they pulled it off. Unfortunately it was a ruse. Still dig it though and will definitely recommend it!

Submitted by Dopeman on Sun, 04/18/2010 - 12:33pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

You're probably right, but even De Palma does it. My main quibble visually is that I feel the anamorphic widescreen takes away from the 'reality' a bit.

It was shot on HD I take it? The resolution on the feed wasn't good enough for me to really tell.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Sun, 04/18/2010 - 6:14pm.

I'm still trying to figure out where the alleged satire was. I mean I saw a man dominating women while listening to a radio show about relationships, but where the hell is the satire?
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 04/18/2010 - 9:29pm.

hey guys
adam here - if anyone would like a free copy - email me at adammasonisdead@hotmail.com, or msg me on this!
Would be my pleasure to send you a copy.
Andrew and I (and the other guys involved) made this film for you guys, and you alone.
Thanks for all your comments - we didn't make it as a film to 'like' exactly, more as something a little bit left of field.
cheers
adam

Submitted by aajsatan on Sun, 04/18/2010 - 12:26pm.
Vermithrax's picture

Sorry if this is redundant, but I had to work last night. how can I see this, it looks fucking awesome!

Submitted by Vermithrax on Sun, 04/18/2010 - 10:59am.
macready's picture

ok. i havent seen this yet. but i will. and try to spread the word.

love the retro box art.

Submitted by macready on Sun, 04/18/2010 - 7:11am.

I really dug it. I dug it a lot more than the August Underground-films of which this film reminded me of. But it wasn't as shocking as I thought it would be and definitely not as gory, although it was insanely depraved and harsh . But as a technical experiment it was impressive. Mason is talented and once again proves he has an unique ability to pull off gritty horrorfilms. I also liked the ending ( especially the scene where the guy shaves himself : that was far more lunatic as I thought a simple shaving-scene could ever be )and while it maybe was a tad cutesy, the whole film, including the ending, stayed with me.
And as for Andrew Howard's performance...wow ! Judging by this film I'm pretty certain the guy IS a psycho.

Submitted by Begbiepwns on Sun, 04/18/2010 - 5:40am.
moderator Glad you guys for the most

Glad you guys for the most part dug it! We're gonna leave it up for a little while to make sure everyone has a chance to see it.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 11:43pm.
napalmfuzz's picture

Any word on how to "Download" this so we can share it as requested? I have several friends that would be interested in this.

Submitted by napalmfuzz on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 11:54pm.
moderator If you write to Adam, (he

If you write to Adam, (he posted a few comments ago) he may be able to hook you up.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Sun, 04/18/2010 - 2:09am.

If you guys screened new films from indie directors every few months like today I'd make it an event to come to for sure.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 11:45pm.
moderator We'll see this was a

We'll see this was a learning experience for us all.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Sun, 04/18/2010 - 2:09am.

"Pig" had me going until the final scene where it was too cutesy for its own good. Right when the veil drops it all deflates like a balloon and I just groaned and moved on to something else.

SOME scenes were just impossible to watch, but otherwise I've seen stuff that disturbed me much more.

Either way, Mason is talented. And I wish more directors had guts like he does.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 11:37pm.
Mephistopheles's picture

Hmmm...

I don't know if this is a testament at how desensitized I've become, but I really wasn't as shocked/disturbed as I thought I was going to be.

The retarded girlfriend(?) was just too comical to take seriously. If anyone's seen Drawn Together, she reminded me of Clara's sister Bleh.

Still, Andrew Howard gave a great performance. Definitely one of the more fucked up characters I've seen but he carried it off well enough and was over the top just enough that he was still believable.

Overall, it was an interesting experience and I'm glad I saw the film.

Submitted by Mephistopheles on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 11:34pm.
napalmfuzz's picture

On all of the sites it says "Grab it here and share it with your friends." or "Download it and spread it around."

Is there actually a way to do this other than finding some sort of downloading agent?

Submitted by napalmfuzz on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 10:54pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

Ummm... Wow.

Okay...

This is less a movie than it is an experimental endurance test. It got a bit numbing at about the 45-minute mark and the ending is a bit too cute for its own good, but technically PIG is quite astonishing.

And even though that plot blurb on the back of that cover is pretty pretentious and full of itself Mason and Co. deserves huge kudos for puling this movie off.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 10:48pm.
LivingDeadPunk's picture

Just remember, the west coast is three hours in the past, three, like the number of Back to the Future movies. Works for me.

Now melbourne, australia is something like 16 hours in the future or some crap and you and I are fucked when it comes to remembering that, because there is no way we're ever even going to get 10 Crocodile Dundee movies, much less 16 of them.

Submitted by LivingDeadPunk on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 9:33pm.
LivingDeadPunk's picture

Uh, this was directed at Terminal, but I am in a world of fail.

Submitted by LivingDeadPunk on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 9:34pm.

Remember kids, don't huff paint.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 11:04pm.
FireRam's picture

However, eating paste or playdoh has not been proven to have any long term adverse health effects so.......cheers.

Submitted by FireRam on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 11:15pm.

How about playdough and paste together, hmmmm?
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 11:22pm.
FireRam's picture

Was going to try to watch. Won't be able to see it through to the end so guess i'll request a dvd.

Submitted by FireRam on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 9:19pm.
Mephistopheles's picture

I actually had a nightmare about this film last night.

Submitted by Mephistopheles on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 7:29pm.
Vermithrax's picture

Damn, I've got a show tonight. BALLS!

Submitted by Vermithrax on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 7:10pm.

anyone wants a free copy - email me and i'll send you one for free...
adam

Submitted by aajsatan on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 6:42pm.
Doc Block's picture

Just messaged you on here. I would love a free copy and thank you for offering some.

Submitted by Doc Block on Sun, 04/18/2010 - 1:57am.

I would like a free copy

Submitted by purgedwithblood on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 8:52pm.
frank_dracman's picture

If I can find my copy of Rope, It will be a double feature night!

Submitted by frank_dracman on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 5:01pm.

Ahhh damn it, I think I'm gonna miss it. I have a screening of Suck to go to. Are there any other chances I might get to check this movie out or do I have to wait for the DVD release?

Submitted by Minion on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 4:37pm.

Re: Pig. I'm not very good with timezones. I'm in New York, so technically it premieres at 9pm here? I'll be here at 6pm just in case.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 04/17/2010 - 3:36pm.