New Clip: A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010

In Platinum Dunes' take on the Wes Craven's horror classic A Nightmare on Elm Street, every second could be your last. As this latest clip reveals, even a micro-nap can spell THE END for anyone who dares to let their eyelids slip closed for even a moment.

The Samuel Bayer directed remake stars Jackie Earle Haley, Rooney Mara, Kyle Gallner, Katie Cassidy, Thomas Dekker, Kellan Lutz, Clancy Brown, and Connie Britton and focuses on a serial child molester murdered by angry parents, who returns with a burnt face and a razor glove to terrorize teens in their dreams.

Check out the latest clip below courtesy of Yahoo! Movies. For more info visit the official A Nightmare on Elm Street website, and look for the film in theatres on April 30th, 2010.

A Nightmare on Elm Street - Clip 2 - Quentin?
Uploaded by dreadcentral. - Full seasons and entire episodes online.

Fear the sound of metal scraping in the Dread Central forums!

Floydian Trip's picture

I'm waiting for this to open with everyone from this site going to see it on day one and then come back and bitch about how horrible it was. By then it'll be too late and they'll have green lit the sequel while tossing a potentially great, original idea into the trash.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Wed, 04/14/2010 - 12:46pm.
Tshoffie's picture

Crap utter Crap..this footage is so uninspired Robert Englands Freddy makes this guy look like a chump.once again Platnum dunes has missed the mark.not to mention the make up for freddy looks bad really bad

Submitted by Tshoffie on Wed, 04/14/2010 - 7:34am.

The clip is okay, but the situation feels rushed and a lack of suspense is my main concern (again). Also, the make up for Freddy looks really bad the first few times we see him - like he's wearing too much eye make up or some cheap mask. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but from where I'm sitting I have zero expectations for this.

Submitted by PelusaMG on Wed, 04/14/2010 - 1:45am.

Holy shit, this is actually looking very good! I'm surprised. And "All I have to do is Dream" is a great touch to the clip! Wow, PD might have actually made a good movie!
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 04/13/2010 - 7:41pm.

You're opening yourself up to incredible disappointment. How many times have the words "Wow, PD might have actually made a good movie!' been uttered by eager horror fans? Too many.

I believe with all my heart and soul that this movie will be as big a pile of shit as all of PD's others, and it hurts me to see the expectation in the eyes of my fellow horror fans. Because not only are PD's films bad, they're also unmemorable. And so, after a couple of years, people forget just how bad they are, and get excited over good-looking trailers and somewhat interesting clips.

This will not end well.

Submitted by mansuave on Wed, 04/14/2010 - 6:49am.

No trust me, it's PD I don't expect an amazing movie, I just like what I see so far. I won't open myself to disappointment since I have zero expectations. However I expect many other horror fans to love it since it's flashy and new like they did with the TCM remake.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 04/14/2010 - 11:46am.
Rob's picture

Freddy and Nancy are totally going to do it. Hot.

Seriously though, the clip looks great. The makeup is really growing on me more, though I wish he'd spoken in that clip, but I liked that twitching claw thing he did. That and I'm finding Rooney Mara to be hotter and hotter with each thing I see of her from this film.

Submitted by Rob on Tue, 04/13/2010 - 7:25pm.