Burger King Goes Horror!

You're all too familiar with him. The creepy Burger King peering out from behind the cold, dead eyes of his trademark mask. This story is not about him, but he should be starring in his own horror film, damnit!

According to Geek Tyrant fast food giant Burger King will be showcasing some horror idols in its upcoming ad campaign promoting late night dining. This kind of gives me that same feeling I got when I heard a Led Zeppelin song in a car commercial, but we've gotta admit some of these ads are genius!

Dubai-based advertising agency Tonic came up with the idea to use the Child’s Play, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Scream characters for the horror-themed ads.

"We were asked to communicate that Burger King stays open until the wee hours of the morning," says Tonic's rep. "Thomas [Derouault] and Kris [Richardson] came up with the following campaign showing the villains of the night that we know all too well, enjoying their favourite meal after a ... umm ... night out. The ads were shot in South Africa and Dubai by French photographer Ben Dauchez and retouched by Thomas himself. A job well done! The series comprises of four ads which will run in press and outdoor."

Check out the ads below, and click them for a hi-res look.

Burger King Goes Horror! (click for larger image)

Burger King Goes Horror! (click for larger image)

Burger King Goes Horror! (click for larger image)

Burger King Goes Horror! (click for larger image)

Stop your heart in the Dread Central forums!

Looks great!
samdevil's picture

Looks great!

Submitted by samdevil on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 9:18am.
dawnkatdead's picture

I think they're pretty cool, especially if they put them out before halloween.

Submitted by dawnkatdead on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 8:43am.

If these ads were really true Ghostface would be shitting his brains out in the toilet, Chucky would be bawling about the crappiness of the toy, and Jason would be obese from eating so much goddamn fast food.

These ads are dumb as hell.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 4:15am.
Cinemascribe's picture

Don't know if these will catch on or not, but it's worth it just to see Jason chilling out, pimping his ride .

______________________
"I'm saying that I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man...and loved it. But now the dream is over..and the insect is awake." - Seth Brundle

Submitted by Cinemascribe on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 4:01am.
moderator He got it from selling all

He got it from selling all that pot in the remake! ;)

Submitted by Steve Barton on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 4:07am.

Sorry, I don't get the purpose of this series of ads. We're supposed to go to Burger King because homicidal serial killing creatures of the night eat there? Isn't that kind of a ringing endorsement to avoid the place?

This has bad idea written all over it. I'm waiting for some Christian group to stage a boycott and the ads to get pulled soon after. Because companies like this generally aren't supposed to promote amoral killing machines. It'd be like McDonalds cross-promoting with Platinum Dunes by offering Freddy toys in their happy meals. Awesome, yes, but dumb, definitely.

Submitted by AngryChairr on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 2:07am.
Vanvance1's picture

I hate advertising in general.

But I admit I can't resist anything with Chucky in it.

Hell, he should get his own romantic sit com on NBC.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Mon, 03/29/2010 - 11:34pm.
moderator I dig these. I really do,

I dig these. I really do, but is it just me or does Freddy have hair?

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 03/29/2010 - 9:03pm.
macready's picture

i think those ads are too "wtf" not to be cool.

Submitted by macready on Mon, 03/29/2010 - 7:52pm.