Animals Comes Home to DVD

Arnold Cassius' feature film adaptation of Craig Spector and John Skipp's landmark 1993 lycanthrope novel Animals is getting set to make its DVD debut on June 15th from Maverick Entertainment, and we've got a look at the artwork for you.

Animals, starring Mark Blucas, Nicki Aycox, Eva Amurri, Andy Comeau, and Naveen Andrews, has been met with some negative reviews on its way home, but as far as we're concerned, the jury is out until we make up our own minds.

Synopsis
Syd has spent years wasting away in a washed-up hick town, but after meeting Nora, his life will never be the same. Easily seduced by her charms, Syd is pulled into her dark world and an unforgettable night of passion. But in the light of day Syd begins to realize that his reckless night with Nora has filled him with a growing animal instinct to fight. This is only the beginning to Syd’s journey into the unknown world of the ANIMALS lurking amidst us all.

Check out the artwork below.

Animals Comes Home to DVD

Find your animal in the Dread Central forums!

Skipp & Spector wrote some brilliant books. I loved almost all of them. Alas I have heard this is not a solid example of the book.

Submitted by ppvica192 on Thu, 07/22/2010 - 4:44am.

This book is awesome and they have recently made a film as well. The cast is amazing starring Eva Amurri (Californication) and Naveen Andrews (Lost. I had the chance to prescreen the film and it was well done. The film will be in your local retailers such as Walmart, Blockbuster, BestBuy, Netflix, and Redbox June 15, 2010.

*Sponsored Post

Submitted by comedycrackup on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 12:04pm.
Cinemascribe's picture

Anyone else think that a proper, big budget screen adaptation of Skipp and Spector's fan-freakin'-tastic novel "The Light at the End" is long overdue?

---------------------------------------------
"I'm saying that I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man...and loved it. But now the dream is over..and the insect is awake." - Seth Brundle

Submitted by Cinemascribe on Thu, 03/18/2010 - 6:14am.
Vanvance1's picture

Couldn't happen, it's too damn good a book.

If it DID (by freak circumstance) occur the end result would likely be what has happened with Matheson's 'I Am Legend', a poor Hollywood screenplay using a few names and a location but none of the actual story.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Thu, 03/18/2010 - 3:08pm.
Sirand's picture

Don't come near this shit with a ten-foot cattle prod. It's unwatchable. Just bad in every single way a movie can be bad. We're talking poor man's SyFy Channel shit.

The good names of Skipp & Spector deserved so much better.

Submitted by Sirand on Thu, 03/18/2010 - 4:19am.
Vanvance1's picture

Wow, Skipp & Spector wrote some brilliant books. I loved almost all of them.

Alas I have heard this is not a solid example of the book.

I really don't understand why Hollywood didn't go to town with their work a long time ago.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Wed, 03/17/2010 - 7:19pm.
moderator Sayid is in this? Oh yeah,
Debi Moore's picture

Sayid is in this? Oh yeah, we'll be getting this DVD for sure!

Submitted by Debi Moore on Wed, 03/17/2010 - 6:51pm.
Rob's picture

Don't do it. I know it sounds tempting, but just, don't. Yes, Sayid's in it and he does good with the bucketload of nothing he's given, but as a fan of the book, I'd have to say that this is the worst werewolf movie of the entire decade.

Submitted by Rob on Wed, 03/17/2010 - 7:22pm.
moderator Okay, I won't buy it.
Debi Moore's picture

Okay, I won't buy it. Hopefully we'll wind up with a review copy so I can spend at least a little quality time with Naveen. ;)

Submitted by Debi Moore on Wed, 03/17/2010 - 7:44pm.

Don`t know what to tell you man...

Submitted by small_pisyun on Thu, 07/22/2010 - 5:29am.
Rob's picture

Or just surf around online, it's been floating around since October. ;) But yeah, I was so excited for this film when it was announced, since I loved the book and they got Naveen and Nicki Aycox who I always loved on Supernatural. And then I read Andrew's review from the 2008 AFM and thought '...oh no.' And then I saw it and just faceplanted.

The big problem was with the exception of one producer and Craig Spector himself, not a single person, cast or crew, actually read the book. It's Blood and Chocolate all over again where they take a book, keep the title, character names, and a few tiny elements from the story, and change everything else.

Submitted by Rob on Wed, 03/17/2010 - 7:51pm.