Chloe Moretz Discusses Her Character in Let Me In

Chloe Moretz Discusses Her Character in Let Me In While out and about doing press for the upcoming Kick-Ass, Chloe Moretz is, of course, being asked a few questions about her role in Let Me In, in which she portrays child vampire Abby, a character Moretz says is "really different than most vampires."

In a conversation with Movieline the 13-year-old describes Abby as follows: "Usually a lot of movies glamorize being a vampire. It’s pretty, it’s cool, you look awesome! The way we did it was that it’s not cool to be a vampire. It’s a burden that she has to carry with her, not this fun, cool, interesting thing. It’s scary, deep, and dark, this devil inside of her. The vampire is different than Abby. It’s like her alternate personality, and when it takes her over, she has no control."

As for whether or not she's seen the original, Let the Right One In, so far Moretz has watched "just little snippets" and explains, "I kind of did my own thing with it, you know?"

We'll find out how her "own thing" turns out on October 1st, 2010 when Matt Reeves' Let Me In redux sweeps into theatres.

For more about the film check out their Facebook page and follow them on Twitter @letmeinthemovie.

Befriend other bizarre adolescents in the Dread Central forums!

Floydian Trip's picture

I like this title better.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Tue, 03/09/2010 - 7:39pm.

Completely disagree. As Cash said Let the Right One In had many allusions and interpretations, Let Me In is a dumbed down on the nose title that attempts to talk down to average movie goers.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 03/09/2010 - 8:11pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

The title LET THE RIGHT ONE IN had a multi-layered meaning in the book that still translated as a perfect title for the movie.

LET ME IN makes it childishly literal. Not to mention it sounds like a fucking GOOSEBUMPS book.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Tue, 03/09/2010 - 7:58pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

That may be true but I haven't read the book. Let The Right One In is oddball to me and too long. I like them short and sweet and to the point. Alien. Jaws. Regardless remaking foriegn films almost never works. Insomnia is a great example. Al Pacino and Robin Williams. It almost doesn't get any better as far as a cast but it didn't come anywhere near as being as good as the original.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Tue, 03/09/2010 - 8:23pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

KICK-ASS should be awesome, but I still want this remake to suddenly not exist.

And on a personal note Chloe Moretz should totally play 'Toph Bei-Fong' in Shyamalan's next LAST AIRBENDER film. Just in case M. Night or Frank Marshall happen to be reading this.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Tue, 03/09/2010 - 7:19pm.

Yeah I want this remake to not happen either. Moretz could be very big after Kick Ass. So far she's stolen the movie's thunder for the most part.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 03/09/2010 - 8:13pm.

The casting for this version has me hopeful.

Chloe Moretz also has a long and fine career ahead of her methinks.

Submitted by The Butcher on Tue, 03/09/2010 - 4:48pm.
moderator Both Moretz and Smit-McPhee
Debi Moore's picture

Both Moretz and Smit-McPhee have impressed me in the couple of films I've seen them in. Throw in Jenkins, and I'm 100% there. Just hope the script doesn't wimp out at the end.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Tue, 03/09/2010 - 7:58pm.

I'm sure the movie will be more literal and commercialized than the original. I'm assuming all the themes of pedophilia and the vampire possibly being a boy will be pushed aside for a more simple boy meets girl story.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 03/09/2010 - 8:14pm.

Agreed. I have little faith in this remake, but I'm willing to give Moretz a chance. She has real potential.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 03/09/2010 - 5:17pm.