Second Trailer for A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010

Trailer number two for Platinum Dunes' long awaited remake of the Wes Craven classic A Nightmare on Elm Street has just torn its way online, and we have your look at every fear-filled second of it!

The Samuel Bayer directed remake stars Jackie Earle Haley, Rooney Mara, Kyle Gallner, Katie Cassidy, Thomas Dekker, Kellan Lutz, Clancy Brown, and Connie Britton and focuses on a serial child molester murdered by angry parents, who returns with a burnt face and a razor glove to terrorize teens in their dreams.

Check it out below. Also, as we did with the last trailer, we took a few screengrabs to try and get you guys the best look at Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy as possible! Click the images to see them bigger!

A Nightmare on Elm Street (Remake) -Trailer #2
Uploaded by dreadcentral. - Full seasons and entire episodes online.

Behold the new face of Freddy Kreuger (click for larger image)

Behold the new face of Freddy Kreuger (click for larger image)

Behold the new face of Freddy Kreuger (click for larger image)

Behold the new face of Freddy Kreuger (click for larger image)

Fear the sound of metal scraping in the Dread Central forums!

maikii's picture

Anyone else think it's funny that the originals' 10 dollar special effect of Freddy coming out of the wall looked a thousand times better than the shitty CGI effects on this one?

Submitted by maikii on Mon, 03/01/2010 - 1:21am.

Eh....still looks like a glossy, redundant piece of crap.

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 7:51pm.
Morgan Elektra's picture

The look still does nothing for me. I understand that they wanted it to look more realistic, but I've never looked at someone who's been badly burned and been scared. It makes me feel sad for all the pain they went through and the things they must constantly struggle with. Is that just me? Do most people see burn victims and think they're monsters or something?

The voice is better in this trailer... but I'm still not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Submitted by Morgan Elektra on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 1:13pm.

Morgan burn victims don't scare me at all, and I'm in agreement that making him more realistic isn't the best direction to go in. The whole fun of Krueger isn't realism.

And it sucks that they made him a child molester instead of a child murderer.

You have to admit the line "Why are you screaming? I haven't even cut you yet" is pretty bad ass.

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 2:17pm.
Morgan Elektra's picture

It is a good line. I will give it that.

But seriously... the whole "realism" thing... We're talking about a man who's coming through people's DREAMS and killing. But we have to make sure his burn scars look realistic. In what fucked up way does that even make any sense? It's like the whole Transformers thing, where Michael Bay said that he felt the designs needed all the small bits so that the way they changed would make more sense. Right. Because people would have no problem believing giant robot aliens came to Earth, but if they don't see all the parts that change them from one form to the other you'll lose them? THere's no logic to it.

I'm sorry. It's a subject that makes me a little crazy. I'm not ranting AT you. Just in your general direction. :)

Submitted by Morgan Elektra on Fri, 02/26/2010 - 2:02am.

Understood, Morgan. :-)

Yeah I get your argument, honestly. It's especially moronic since 99 percent of the people who loved the Transformers movies could give two shits about the whole intricacies of their transformations. They just liked the pretty lights and explosions.

In either case, yeah it's just their attempts at being unique and gritty. The whole realism angle is tired. They did it with Jason and Michael and they've all failed successfully. Who knows what will happen with neo-Freddy?

Besides if I'm being chased by a horrific clawed dream monster who threatens to mutilate me in the most painful way possible, my last thought is going to be "Damn, his burn scars are disturbing."

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 02/26/2010 - 2:16am.
Morgan Elektra's picture

EX-FUCKING-ACTLY!

Submitted by Morgan Elektra on Fri, 02/26/2010 - 2:21am.

Haha. I hope they get a fix on Freddy's achilles heel because they could never decide in the original series. Don't believe in him it gives him power, don't pay attention him it gives him power, don't be scared of him because it gives him power, get him to look at himself in the mirror it takes away his power, and then back to don't believe in him, again.

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 02/26/2010 - 2:33am.
Morgan Elektra's picture

I always thought the original plan... the whole if you're not afraid he has now power... made the most sense to the story.

Submitted by Morgan Elektra on Fri, 02/26/2010 - 1:15pm.

As did I. It made sense.

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 02/28/2010 - 12:59am.
nonserviam03's picture

reminds me of some of the comments Nolan made about Two Face in the Dark Knight. He originally made him really realistic looking, but decided that something a bit more fantastical was a better way to go.

Submitted by nonserviam03 on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 2:56pm.

Good choice as usual, Nolan. Two Face stole that movie.

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 3:13pm.
FireRam's picture

I did like the trailer.The voice is cool, and I love the line "Why are you screaming"? "I haven't even cut you yet". LOL. BUT- I just can NOT get into the new look. Look at the second still, too much light, and he looks more like a scarecrow than a burn victim. Maybe i'm picking too much.I'm just not into it.

Submitted by FireRam on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 1:28pm.

I liked the trailer also. It did want to freeze up whenever i came to this page, i ended up watching it on youtube, and was much better. Anyway after all the stuff Jackie Earle Haley has been in, i still always picture him as Kelly on Bad News Bears.

Submitted by Hoop on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 10:40am.

Well it's better than I thought it would be... I like Freddy's voice this time out, and I dug the line, "Why are you screaming? I haven't even cut you yet!". I just hope this is not all tease, and nothing more!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 9:39am.
Matt Serafini's picture

Seriously? It's a slick trailer - just like every other piece of marketing from Platinum Dunes. They're getting VERY good at selling their shit, no question about that.

But, beyond that, this hybrid of familiar moments and new special effects does absolutely nothing for me.

This is going to be an easy pass for me this April.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 9:24am.
Rob's picture

I dug this trailer too. After it loaded without crashing my internet. Damn myspace.

Eh, oh well. I'm looking forward to this.

Submitted by Rob on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 4:54am.
moderator I liked the trailer too. I'm

I liked the trailer too. I'm even ok with the voice this time out. Promising.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 4:38am.
doubleh55's picture

Did you say that for the Friday the 13th trailer too? Look, Masked Slasher is right. Platinum Dunes knows how to cut these awesome looking trailers for movies that are utter shit.

Submitted by doubleh55 on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 1:22pm.

That scene in the cafe startled the living shit out of me. And it takes a lot to startle me.

Great trailer.

We'll see if the movie is actually worth the effort.

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 4:20am.
Cinemascribe's picture

I had the same reaction Terminal. That's the first time ever that a trailer has actually made me jump. I also liked the scene where the girl is crawling backwards on the floor and she's flashing between reality and the image of Freddy walking towards her in the boiler room.
More and more it's looking like they put some genuine thought and effort into this movie.

Submitted by Cinemascribe on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 5:40am.
arandomthought's picture

This actually looks like it WILL be really good. The cafe scene made me jump as well, and I'm happy with the voice as well as a few scenes I saw in the trailer. The insomniac micronap thing was a neat idea that would work well, adding to the atmosphere of a scary noes movie, with adding some tense scenes.

Submitted by arandomthought on Fri, 02/26/2010 - 12:37am.