So. Where's the New Dinner For Fiends?

The latest Dinner for Fiends is missing!We know what you guys are wondering. "Where the hell is Dinner For Fiends?" Well, we got together and did one, and as per usual there was over an hour's worth of chaos for you guys to dig on. Or so we thought. Let me start from the beginning.

People often wonder how we record these things. Since most of us are in completely different parts of the country, the first thing we have to do is set up a time that's agreeable on all sides of the time zones. From there we call into a conference line, record the call, download the mp3 file, and then it goes to Buz to edit. Speaking of which, he truly does a masterful job at doing so and is the reason they all play as well as they do.

For this round Matt, Foy, Andrew, and myself got together and tried in vain to call into our secured line. First, it took about twenty minutes for everyone to even be able to get in on the call. We each experienced something different. Some would get a busy signal. Some would get static. Some wouldn't get anything at all. Finally we were all in, and it was on. After about eight minutes we all got booted. We then went back to the dialing frenzy. By now about a half an hour has passed. Again, we all made it back, and we did do the show.

After a show is over, we usually get an e-mail about an hour later telling us we can download the call. The e-mail never came. Today I got on the line with tech support for the company that we use to tell them of our troubles. After about an hour of trying they couldn't recover our work, and as of now it's gone. A lost episode never to be heard.

Being that rehashing all the events so soon would no doubt come off as stale and rehearsed sounding, we've opted to wait until after The Crazies has come out to do it again. We're sorry, guys. Believe me, it sucks for us, too. The show was a great one, and we were all having a blast doing it. There's just nothing we can do. We're at the mercy of failed technology. There's a new episode coming we promise! And when it does expect, a mega-edition as we'll try to touch upon the finer points of what you missed. Hang tight!

Be lost and found in the Dread Central forums!

Floydian Trip's picture

That sucks guys. I was looking forward to one. Now you can make it even longer though. They're much too short.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Fri, 02/19/2010 - 5:07pm.
LifeMi's picture

Here's hoping you get everything figured out. Between Daybreakers, Legion, AfterDark Horrorfest, The Wolf Man, Shutter Island, AND The Crazies, it should be a pretty interesting DFF.

Submitted by LifeMi on Fri, 02/19/2010 - 4:13pm.
James Coker's picture

Don't Forget to Talk about "DAYBREAKERS" on the New Recording Mr.Creepy......Come to think....FUCK that's a lot to talk about, DAYBREAKERS,FROZEN,WOLFMAN,SHUTTERISLAND and CRAZIES, It's gonna be a good Dinner for Fiends

Submitted by James Coker on Fri, 02/19/2010 - 3:08pm.
perihelion's picture

WHYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

Submitted by perihelion on Fri, 02/19/2010 - 6:28am.
moderator Dude. You have no idea.

Dude. You have no idea. We're all both infuriated and heartbroken.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 02/19/2010 - 6:32am.
Foywonder's picture

What makes it an even bigger tragedy is that it really was a good show. Good give and take about Daybreakers and Wolfman. I don't think I'll ever be able to recreate my delirious rant explaining the illogical plot of Legion. Heck, everyone missed out on hearing a DFF where the one movie everyone agreed on was that Universal Soldier Regeneration kicked ass. I can think of a couple editions of DFF that if we lost them it wouldn't have been that great a loss. This one being lost to time is a tragedy.

Submitted by Foywonder on Fri, 02/19/2010 - 4:11pm.
perihelion's picture

Must be better ways to record these things, eh? Couldn't you just give headsets to everyone and record them with skype or any similar service? I don't know why I'm writing this though since I'm pretty sure you guys have checked the options a billion times already...

Have a nice weekend! (I myself is going to watch all Leprechaun movies in a row so I most certainly will have a really painfull one...)

Submitted by perihelion on Fri, 02/19/2010 - 7:26am.

Well, this does sadden me. But a mega-edition of Dinner For Fiends? Sounds awesome!!!!

Submitted by Minion on Fri, 02/19/2010 - 5:43am.