Get a First Look at A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010

A new video has surfaced that shows off a first look at A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010 including some behind-the-scenes peeks at Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy Krueger.

The footage comes courtesy of a featurette included with the home video release of The Final Destination. We'll no doubt be seeing plenty more between now and Elm Street's April 30th, 2010, theatrical debut. In the meantime, thanks to DC reader ClipOnGirl, who pointed us in the right direction on YouTube.

The Samuel Bayer directed remake stars Haley, Rooney Mara, Kyle Gallner, Katie Cassidy (who figures prominently in the video), Thomas Dekker, Kellan Lutz, Clancy Brown, and Connie Britton and focuses on a serial child molester murdered by angry parents, who returns with a burnt face and a razor glove to terrorize teens in their dreams.

Fear the sound of metal scraping in the Dread Central forums!

"and focuses on a serial child molester murdered by angry parents.." Jesus, he's a child MURDERER not a MOLESTER. They're both heinous, but don't put him in the same league as Victor Salva.

Submitted by robertmundy on Wed, 01/06/2010 - 3:41pm.
Scoob's picture

if people just stop paying money at the theater and boycott these remakes, they will stop making them, you know. as long as they make money, they WILL be made.

Submitted by Scoob on Wed, 01/06/2010 - 1:22pm.
Avid Fan's picture

This is the only remake I'm actually interested in. I've never been a fan of the tongue-in-cheek Freddy played by Englund, never been a fan of the one liners. Though that was more prevalent in the later films than the first one. Regardless, from the trailers and such, this looks quite cool, more moody atmosphere and more brutal, which is fine by me.

Submitted by Avid Fan on Wed, 01/06/2010 - 1:18pm.
brain's picture

Everyone who just posted negative things in this comment section will no doubt see this movie. Hell I'm the same way, I think it looks lame and wonder why they have to remake everything under the sun! But at the end of the day, the funny thing is that no matter how much shit is said.....we're all still gonna give up our hard-earned clams to see it. Horror fans are such easy prey.

Submitted by brain on Wed, 01/06/2010 - 11:27am.

There is no way in hell i will ever see this movie . The only reason i am on this page is to talk shit on people who are to scared to come up with a story of there own so they rip off good shit to make a buck. I new this day would come with all the remakes (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween,Friday the 13th, Last House on the Left) it kept getting closer and closer. Now my worst nightmare has come true. I brought this up at a q and a in Texas at Fear Fest 2. I asked the cast of the real Nightmare on Elm street movie if there was anything they could do to keep this movie from being remade. I even asked Robert Englund him self he said it was out of his hands. I would love to see another Nightmare on elm street movie but not this crap its going to piss alot of people off. I have a good script for a prequel that has the real Freddy Krueger in it Robert mother fucking Englund. Thats what real Elm street fans want to see.---------Floyd Freels

Submitted by Floyd Freels on Thu, 02/04/2010 - 1:55am.
Shambling_in_Bandages's picture

Not me, I haven't paid to see a single modern-day horror remake in cinemas.

Submitted by Shambling_in_Ba... on Thu, 01/07/2010 - 10:07am.
nonserviam03's picture

I'm gonna see it.

for free on the internet.

I payed for Halloween, I payed for Friday the 13th. I'm done giving my money to these movies.

Submitted by nonserviam03 on Wed, 01/06/2010 - 10:40pm.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

Well, I got myself an added advantage not to see it. I'm in college, money is tight for us :) If anything, I'll use a free rental for the DVD.

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Wed, 01/06/2010 - 1:09pm.
Shambling_in_Bandages's picture

Next up on the Platinum Dunes roster:

'Original Freddy and New Nightmare Freddy and Remake Freddy Vs. Original Jason and Uber-Jason and Remake Jason'.

(pukes a little)

Does anyone else imagine Brad Fuller sucking on an oxygen mask and yelling "I'll remake anything that mooooooooves!" or is that just me?

Submitted by Shambling_in_Ba... on Wed, 01/06/2010 - 10:35am.

Haha! Good reference.

Submitted by robertmundy on Wed, 01/06/2010 - 3:42pm.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

Judging from the trailers it looks to me like they cobbled together parts of the first and second film (at least having a pool scene) to create the film. I don't have much hope for this being good. But like Derek Mears being a highlight in F13, I think Jackie Earl Hayden will be a good Freddy.

With Platinum Dunes screwing up on every film, really find it hard to give another one of their films a chance.

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Wed, 01/06/2010 - 9:03am.
moderator When Haley was first
Debi Moore's picture

When Haley was first announced as the new Freddy, I thought it was truly inspired casting, but now that we're seeing him in action, I'm not sure he's menacing enough. Hopefully they're keeping the really hard-core Freddy activities under wraps for a while, but if that's not the case, then this could be an even bigger misfire than F13 was.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Wed, 01/06/2010 - 2:15pm.
nonserviam03's picture

fuck this movie

Submitted by nonserviam03 on Wed, 01/06/2010 - 6:01am.
LifeMi's picture

Took the words right out of my mouth, dude. Platinum Dunes needs to just stop.

Submitted by LifeMi on Wed, 01/06/2010 - 3:08pm.

I am really willing to give this movie a chance. Realistic burns or not it all comes down to if Krueger looks scary. And in a few of the clips I've seen he seems too much like a victim and less like pure evil, I hope they make him as evil as Englund's Freddy was. As for the featurette I hope this isn't just a shot for shot remake, I want them to do something new and unique. The original movie hasn't aged too well, as all of Craven's movies have the tendency to do. If it fails it will at least help us appreciate the original more.

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 01/06/2010 - 2:45am.

The new look just does not do it for me... Maybe my expectations are too high, but then again (as they say in the clip above), this is the 'Jewel in the horror crown', so why shouldn't they be!?

Submitted by PelusaMG on Wed, 01/06/2010 - 4:19am.