Rob Zombie's Halloween II Returning to Theatres

Halloween weekend is fast approaching. Pumpkins? Check! Costume? Check! New Saw film? Check! Rob Zombie's Halloween II? Ch... What the hell?

We'll let Mr. Zombie himself fill you in, fresh from his MySpace page (just like old times, right?):

HALLOWEEN 2 is returning to 1000 theaters over Halloween weekend for one final run. So if you missed it or want to catch it again this is your last chance on the BIG SCREEN!

And that's not all. The official H2 website is also running a contest where the winner will receive a private "marathon" screening for 100 of his/her closest friends of Halloween and Halloween II along with an H2 poster signed by Rob, the soundtrack, and a DVD two-pack. Be sure to hit up the above link for all the details and a list of participating theatres.

- Debi Moore

Experience deja vu in the Dread Central forums!

Floydian Trip's picture

Yeah again because the sequels are such amazing works of art. Truly Citizen Kane level filmmaking.

And Fritz the ONLY movie that deserves a gigantic theatre release this Halloween is Trick 'r Treat. Fuck everything else.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Fri, 10/23/2009 - 1:31pm.
TheFritz's picture

I'm all for the spirit of fair play, so I say let them all duke it out and see who wins. But I'd put even money on H2 doing even MORE poorly than it already did in it's initial release.

However, I think TRICK'r'TREAT isn't nearly as good as everyone else has made it out to be, so I have to disagree with you on that one. Between T'r'T and PA, the latter is actually a scary film, not simply adolescent gimmicks, which is what I think we need more if in theaters these days.

Just my 2¢'s.

Submitted by TheFritz on Fri, 10/23/2009 - 3:54pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

You haven't seen Paranormal Activity so you can't really say "fuck everything else" with any sense of objectivity.

And the original Halloween 2 is better than Rombie's Halloween.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Fri, 10/23/2009 - 2:31pm.
TheFritz's picture

BWAHAHAHA!!! Is the re-release poster going to have a hand written note by RZ reading: "Please go see my movie! If it doesn't at least make SOME money, Bob & Harvey are going to kill me for ruining their studio!"

I can't wait to see what the box office numbers are going to be for this monumental waste of effort! Way to turn your lousy 'film' into the Ralph Nader of cinema and try to steal away votes money from the SAW dinosaur and the only film WORTHY of a genuine Hallowe'en release this year, the glorious PARANORMAL ACTIVITY!

See Rob, an actual story teller doesn't need to ride the coat-tails of a true film icon and millions of dollars to entertain an audience. No, they only need a story (the most important bit, RZ) and the intrepidity to make said story with next to no money.

Please Rob, go back to making music and leave the film-making to the professionals. Oh yeah, and QUIT SHITTING ALL OVER ONE OF MY FAVORITE FILMS, YOU JERK!!!

Submitted by TheFritz on Fri, 10/23/2009 - 11:22am.
ImTheMoon's picture

would it be possible to have the versions shown at the special screening of Halloween and Halloween 2 be the original Carpenter films? Cause if that were the case it would be really cool.

Submitted by ImTheMoon on Thu, 10/22/2009 - 10:18pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

Wow. How can I unread this stupidity?

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Thu, 10/22/2009 - 10:15pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

Good God, please no.

With Paranormal Activity and Saw 6 battling it out at the box office, is the Weinstein Co. so desperate that they'll try sending out those film prints again in a desperate attempt to squeeze a few more bucks out of 2009's worst movie?

Don't answer that.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Thu, 10/22/2009 - 9:01pm.
moderator First of all I'm still

First of all I'm still SHOCKED that battling it out with SAW at the box office is Paranormal Activity. That's just amazing to me.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 10/23/2009 - 1:08am.

Not so amazing when you reflect on the quality of story-telling and range of emotions one feels throughout the course of the film. I left with my heart racing, and will never forget that sense of dread when the 'action' switched to the events going on at night. It was one of the best roller coasters of emotion I have experienced at the movies for a long, LONG time! I still get goosebumps when I talk about it to other people...

I think the last time I was truly 'affected' by a film, was when I saw "Hostel: Part 1" for the first time.

Submitted by PelusaMG on Fri, 10/23/2009 - 1:16am.