The Crow Reboot Earns its Wings

One remake/reboot we both are and aren't looking forward to is Stephen Norrington's upcoming re-envisioning of The Crow. We're glad it's not going the total remake route and is instead focusing on a whole new Crow, but at the same time many fans feel that it couldn't possibly get better than the Brandon Lee version, so what's the point? One thing's for certain: It couldn't possibly get any worse than the three god-awful sequels.

According to Mania, the current draft of The Crow reboot has been "very well received" by Relativity Media. Know what that means? That casting should be starting soon! Please, guys ... stay far away from Eddie Furlong this time, wouldja please? Thanks!

Norrington said of his reboot a few months back: "Whereas [Alex] Proyas’ original was gloriously Gothic and stylized, the new movie will be realistic, hard-edged and mysterious, almost documentary-style."

Stay tuned for more feathered hijinx I'm sure sooner rather than later.

More On The Crow Remake

See the face of a familiar corpse in the Dread Central forums.

Shambling_in_Bandages's picture

Realistic? Oh, so the main character gets shot dead at the beginning and then doesn't come back for revenge from beyond the grave? That's going to be one hell of a short movie.

Submitted by Shambling_in_Ba... on Wed, 10/21/2009 - 5:14pm.
AriesofPitt's picture

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO 1000 times NO!!!!!!! The Crow is one of my ALL time favorite movies. I wore three VHS tapes out, had 6-7 movie posters, listened to nothing but the soundtrack the summer the movie came out. EPIC FAIL-Leave it alone!!!!!!!!!! You want to add another crappy sequel, make a different movie based on the graphic novel, ok, i'm fine with that, just try to make it better than the last few but LEAVE THE ORIGINAL ALONE! Brandon Lee is The Crow! PS: NO!

Submitted by AriesofPitt on Wed, 10/21/2009 - 4:40pm.
Emilie Noetzel's picture

I thought this was to be based on the graphic novel?

The main character is Eric (last name added in the movie version and some other changes done for the sake of the movie) in it. So, with new characters, it is still following the graphic novel???

Submitted by Emilie Noetzel on Wed, 10/21/2009 - 3:37pm.

"stay far away from Eddie Furlong this time, wouldja please? Thanks!"

Girl and I had our first disagreement over the merits of Edward Furlong. She likes him, I think he's annoying. Soon after, she broke my heart. Damn you, Furlong!

Submitted by Cody on Wed, 10/21/2009 - 1:08pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

The Crow is amazing. Brandon Lee was amazing. This is going to suck and like the other sequels I'll never watch it. Brandon Lee is The Crow.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Wed, 10/21/2009 - 12:49pm.
AriesofPitt's picture

AMEN! Can I get a witness!!!

Submitted by AriesofPitt on Wed, 10/21/2009 - 8:33pm.
DavidFullam's picture

Watch the Brandon Lee version, read James O'Barr's original comics. Forget the rest.

Oh shit...

Submitted by DavidFullam on Wed, 10/21/2009 - 11:49am.

I do think it's good that he is going with a whole different story. It makes the "remake" a lot more palatable. We won't have to get over new actors playing the old characters or anything.

I actually really look forward to this. I loved Proyas' original movie, and I have watched all the sequels with continually dimming hope that someone would make another good one. I think Norrington is a good choice to finally fulfill that hope. I loved Blade, and I really liked a lot of aspects of Death Machine. I just hope he doesn't let me down.

Submitted by hegemon13 on Wed, 10/21/2009 - 11:40am.

This just sickens me. Using this logic couldnt you call the other shitty sequels re-imaginings?

Submitted by darianivan on Wed, 10/21/2009 - 11:17am.
Cash Bailey's picture

So is this another false alarm for Norrington making a 'comeback' film?

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Wed, 10/21/2009 - 3:58am.