MEGA Joss Whedon Update

Joss Whedon talks new projectsJoss Whedon is a busy man - impressive to me since I'd written him off as a one trick pony after the Buffy comic all but ended my enthusiasm for the series.

Anyway, Joss is back with a vengeance, between gearing up the second season of Dollhouse and working closely with Drew Goddard on The Cabin in the Woods, it looks like the writer/director's fans will have plenty to anticipate in the upcoming months.

According to Sci-Fi Wire Dollhouse's second season will further the mythology of Echo (Eliza Dushku) and the Dollhouse by showing her cycle through different imprints over the course of an engagement. In the climax, Paul Ballard (Tahmoh Penikett) hits Echo to trigger an imprint that will give her the fighting skills to escape a desperate situation. Later this season, Whedon regulars Alexis Denisof and Summer Glau will join the cast.

Be sure to check out a the full interview at the Wire, which also includes some tasty info on Dr. Horrible's Sing Along and more.

- MattFini

GET YOURSELF SOMETHING COOL FROM EVILSHOP!
Enter the Dollhouse in the Dread Central forums!

Floydian Trip's picture

I like Summer but I'll always see her as River.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 2:15pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

THE CABIN IN THE WOODS is one wacky script. And they're gonna need a great cast in that thing or it'll be an utter shambles.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 1:24am.
MEGA?
Ultimo Franco's picture

MEGA?

Submitted by Ultimo Franco on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 1:16am.
moderator Did you read the full
Debi Moore's picture

Did you read the full interview? It's packin' some pretty good info.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 11:59am.
Ultimo Franco's picture

Yeah, it's packin' some MEGA info! When Joss said that Cabin In The Woods was "really coming along" I was nearly blown out of my seat! That's some scoop! And when he confirmed that Dollhouse will be returning for another season with some Buffy cast members, I was knocked on my ass from the sheer awesomeness of it all! And then, when he refused to actually divulge any info whatsoever about Goners... well that was just too amazing! Great stuff!!!

Submitted by Ultimo Franco on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 12:38pm.
moderator Sounds like someone needs a
Debi Moore's picture

Sounds like someone needs a hug. You've been even surlier than usual, Franco.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 1:24pm.
Ultimo Franco's picture

Forget the hug, I need a BJ. Did my comments on the excessive number of Paranormal Activity news stories touch a nerve? You and Creepy have been even more defensive than usual, WIB.

Submitted by Ultimo Franco on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 2:27pm.
moderator Not being defensive at all

Not being defensive at all ... you're just being more of a douche than usual, and hey ... someone has to call you on it! ;)

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 2:44pm.
Ultimo Franco's picture

Roger that!

Memo to self: Refrain from saying anything that could be construed as vaguely negative about Paranormal Activity.

Submitted by Ultimo Franco on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 3:08pm.
moderator You're such an ass. LOL!

You're such an ass. LOL! We're not even talking about that flick here. Hence you're aforementioned wild-fingered douchebaggery. ;) For the record you can say anything you want about PA or any movie. It's when you start critiquing every little thing that we do that will make me eventually take a text based shoe to your sac. LOL

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 7:12pm.
Ultimo Franco's picture

I keed 'cause I luv!

Actually, I knew the second that I posted that one word comment at the top of this thread that either you or your mate would arrive and put me in my place. And that's all it took. One single word. Am I good or what?!

What can I say? I'm a writer. I'm a stickler for words. And the word MEGA hardly described anything in that story. It wasn't mean as a scathing critique. It wasn't said in outrage. It was a one word jibe. But it was enough to get you both here to scold me. And that's all that really matters.

Submitted by Ultimo Franco on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 7:24pm.
moderator I see your one word and I

I see your one word and I raise you TWO! Can ya guess what they are? *rimshot* Am I good or what?

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 7:57pm.
Ultimo Franco's picture

Don't you have another Paranormal Activity story you should be tweeting?

Submitted by Ultimo Franco on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 8:17pm.
moderator Yep. Several. Gonna dedicate

Yep. Several. Gonna dedicate every one of them to you. ;) There was a time however when we were pumping out at least two to three stories about H2 a day for like a week straight. How come no complaints then? I know. Zombie fetish! BUSTED!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 8:23pm.
Ultimo Franco's picture

Try ULTRA instead of MEGA next time. You know, like ULTRA Joss Whedon Update! Add the exclamation mark too. It makes the story seem more urgent.

Submitted by Ultimo Franco on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 9:03pm.
moderator Don't you have a script to

Don't you have a script to go and write? Or have you given up screenwriting to critique news stories? ;)

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 9:19pm.
Ultimo Franco's picture

How 'bout MAXI Joss Whedon Update? Or possibly TURBO Joss Whedon Update?

Submitted by Ultimo Franco on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 9:47pm.
Avid Fan's picture

Hahah, so true.

Submitted by Avid Fan on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 1:00pm.