Paranormal Activity Theatrical Plans to be Announced on Twitter

Paranormal Activity (click for larger image)Those of you waiting anxiously to find out when and where you'll FINALLY be able to see Oren Peli's Paranormal Activity (review here) needn't wait much longer as we've just found out release plans will be announced soon on Twitter of all places!

Here's what you need to do, and it couldn't be more simple ... just follow @TweetYourScream and wait for the news to come flowing on in.

And while you're at it, don't forget to follow @dreadcentral and even @unclecreepy to watch my mental breakdown happen in real time!

On September 25th at midnight Paranormal Activity will have its first official public showing at Fantastic Fest 2009 in Texas. Get your tickets here.

Synopsis
After a young, middle class couple moves into what seems like a typical suburban “starter” tract house, they become increasingly disturbed by a presence that may or may not be somehow demonic but is certainly most active in the middle of the night. Especially when they sleep. Or try to.

- By Uncle Creepy

Haunt others in the Dread Central forums!

Floydian Trip's picture

I am really curious about this movie as much as I was in Trick r Treat. That movie turned out to be better to me than anyone has ever made it sound so I'm anxious to see if I'll think the same of this one. REC, however, was a huge letdown after the way people were raving about it.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Fri, 09/11/2009 - 1:11pm.

Hope it's playing near me, couldn't stand waiting and praying for a wider release if it isn't! Oh yeah, I'm on Twitter and I'm an OLD fart! Heh.

Submitted by BoggyCreekBeast on Fri, 09/11/2009 - 12:37pm.
kiddcapone's picture

Fuck Twitter....can someone just post the theaters please? I did the Myspace thing. I then migrated over to Facebook. But that's it. I'm done with these trendy fads. I draw the line at sending "Tweets" or whatever-the-fuck they are called...I'll be 35 in a couple weeks. I hate to sound like a cranky old fuck, but I can't keep joining each new passing fad like I'm a teeny bopper.

Submitted by kiddcapone on Fri, 09/11/2009 - 12:43am.
frank_dracman's picture

I hear you on the tweets, man. I still wish DC would get rid of that stuff and bring back the spot for the forums. I, too, don't adapt to change very well.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Fri, 09/11/2009 - 11:15am.
moderator Don't worry when they

Don't worry when they announce it'll be right here too!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 09/11/2009 - 2:01am.
rupp30's picture

I hope to the wicked little devil I pray to every night that this film gets a wide theatrical release instead of a limited one. Anyways though, I can't wait!!!

_SedanHollows_

Submitted by rupp30 on Fri, 09/11/2009 - 12:09am.
Nomad's picture

With the help of all the Dread readers, we'll do our best to make sure that happens in at least as many theaters as Hatchet.

Submitted by Nomad on Fri, 09/11/2009 - 3:01am.