Steve Miner for Halloween 3D?

Miner for Halloween 3D?We usually don't report on rumors because they often have a nasty habit of ending up being debunked, but it's hard not to see the logic in this tasty tidbit that has come across our desks.

A tipster, who wants to be identified only as The Egg Man, wrote in to us tonight with what could very well be an interesting development on the Halloween 3D front.

It would seem that Dimension is in negotiations with none other than Steve Miner to helm the next Halloween film. Why him? You may remember that Miner directed Halloween: H20 and Friday the 13th Parts II and III.

Being that Miner has successfully brought Myers to life once already after a miserable bout of sequels and has experience working in 3D, he truly seems like a logical candidate to be up for the job. Hence our reporting on this possibility. Lord knows, a little logic pertaining to the Halloween franchise would be a good thing right about now.

Only time will tell but we'll do some digging. So if this does come to fruition (which we're highly skeptical of), make sure you remember where ya heard it first.

Hope for good things in the Dread Central forums!

AriesofPitt's picture

Friday the 13th 2 and 3 were my favorite of the franchise. I also did like H20 so I would be looking forward to this film IF it comes to be (or comes to fruition, seems that is the word of the day on this page lol).

Submitted by AriesofPitt on Sat, 09/05/2009 - 5:58pm.

H20 was much better than it had any right to be considering the entry to the franchise before it and the fact he had to work of a Kevin Williamson script (shudder). F2 is my favorite of any of the movies, and I always thought that version of Jason-a little quicker, a bit more athletic, was the best of the bunch. I wonder if they'll continue the previous story line but wipe out the aesthetic Zombie went for in his two films, making it a bit more old school slasher

Submitted by mikesnoonian on Tue, 09/01/2009 - 10:06pm.
PelusaMG's picture

Much like H20 did, I think we need to forget some of the Halloween films existed when this new entry is conceived... In fact, much like the first act of Zombie's H2, let's imagine it was all a bad dream!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Wed, 09/02/2009 - 1:50am.
DavidFullam's picture

*CLEARS THROAT* ahem, after two years of pointless Rob Zombie hate, I wish to offer my services to lead the pointless Steve Miner hate if he is indeed given the nod. Let me give you a preview of where this can be taken in future...

"Goddammit to hell, mugga fugga, this a-hole will wreck the series with his damn Yankee sensibilities. He so fucked over Friday the 13th, I don't want him doing the same to Michael Myers. I will be posting a petition to get this project stopped, or if that fails, a petition to get the finished film remade by a different creative team. Fuck you Steve Miner."

Now remember, this is a work in progress. :)

Submitted by DavidFullam on Tue, 09/01/2009 - 6:10pm.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

As you were the first to offer I think that one should screen capture this page for future reference if there's a debate who flung the first poo in the Anti-Steve Miner campaign :P

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Tue, 09/01/2009 - 6:42pm.
Duly noted!
DavidFullam's picture

Duly noted!

Submitted by DavidFullam on Sat, 09/05/2009 - 11:39am.
Blockbuster's picture

He's kinda hit and miss, I agree with that, but I did really like H20...if this rumor comes to fruition, then it could be fun...

Submitted by Blockbuster on Tue, 09/01/2009 - 11:01am.

Miner is incredibly inconsistent. He may have directed a couple of semi-decent movies, but he also directed the Day of the Dead remake, which pretty much squashed any credibility he may have had. He directed one of the best of the franchise in F13 pt2, then went on the direct F13 3-D, which was not a good movie at all. It was definitely in the bottom half of the series. I did think H20 was okay, and the problems I have with it point more to Williamson's script than Miner's direction. I guess we'll just have to see what mode he is in with this one. Hopefully, we'll get something as tense and atmospheric as F-13 pt2.

Submitted by hegemon13 on Tue, 09/01/2009 - 10:24am.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

The Final Chapter is the best of the franchise. But 2 is a close second.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Tue, 09/01/2009 - 12:29pm.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

Steve Miner has experience working on genre films, but that doesn't equate to making quality films. While I haven't seen HOUSE, his other genre films aren't that good. Even as a rumor, it doesn't give me confidence in the Weinsteins, then again not much does.

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Tue, 09/01/2009 - 9:49am.
PelusaMG's picture

I really liked "H20", so this would be a good move IMO.

Submitted by PelusaMG on Tue, 09/01/2009 - 8:22am.
moderator Again RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR!

Again RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Tue, 09/01/2009 - 4:14am.
One can hope.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

One can hope.

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Tue, 09/01/2009 - 6:12am.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

Steve Miner!!! Sign me up we can for get H-R, RZH and RZH2 ever happen and go back!!!!

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Tue, 09/01/2009 - 3:54am.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

Yeah, Miner's name doesn't inspire the confidence it used to by a long shot. Though it's better than Rob Zombie.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Tue, 09/01/2009 - 3:18am.
Sirand's picture

Unless it's John Carpenter himself, ain't nothing gonna save Halloween. Especially not the director of the "Day of the Dead" remake.

Submitted by Sirand on Tue, 09/01/2009 - 2:07am.