See Cabin Fever Uncut in Cali

See Cabin Fever Uncut in Cali (click for larger image)Aside from slow-motion scenes featuring a long-haired kid doing kung fu and muttering about "pancakes", one of the things that really stood out concerning Eli Roth's directorial debut was the great gooey gore featured in the movie. Now LA residents will get a chance to see more of that and then some on the big screen!

Roth wrote in to Bloody Disgusting today to comment on the event.

"The 2009 HollyShorts film festival is honoring me with their Indie Visionary Award, and to celebrate we're having a screening on August 7th at the Sunset 5 of my director's cut print of Cabin Fever. This is the only print in existence, I believe; this is the one that was screened at the 2002 Toronto Film Festival. It's my personal print and it has not been shown since then. It's got about 4 extra minutes of footage, and now I'll get to see if it was really truly worth cutting, so it's kind of exciting for me as well."

Congrats, Eli! It's an award well earned! The screening will take place on Friday, August 7th, at 9:30PM at the Laemmle Sunset 5. To get your tickets for the event, click here!

Shave the skin off your legs in the Dread Central forums!

brain's picture

It's seems that was one of those movies you either loved or hated. I actually loved it and have continued to return to it again and again! The people that I have met over the years that say they hate Cabin Fever also say they love Evil Dead 2. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying CB is better than ED2, but both are films that go on a crazy ride. If by some chance you haven't seen this one yet, don't go into it expecting this or that, just watch it!!!!

Submitted by brain on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 10:08am.
LivingDeadPunk's picture

I love that damn movie. I wish I could see this. Why wasn't there an uncut DVD for fuck's sake?

"The nougat?"

Submitted by LivingDeadPunk on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 8:29am.

4 extra minutes? No, thanks. First time was enough!

Submitted by BoggyCreekBeast on Thu, 07/16/2009 - 7:27pm.
Rob's picture

The only part of this movie I remember was the bit with the kid doing kungfu while screaming about pancakes. One of those sentences you don't ever imagine yourself saying/typing.

Submitted by Rob on Thu, 07/16/2009 - 6:58pm.
moderator Not the leg shaving scene?
Debi Moore's picture

Not the leg shaving scene? The thought of it still gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I don't know ... I rather liked Cabin Fever. It did its thing.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Thu, 07/16/2009 - 6:59pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

What was "it's thing"? Throw everything and the kitchen sink at the wall and see what sticks?

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Thu, 07/16/2009 - 9:33pm.
Rob's picture

Ahhh yes, I forgot that part. I think I remembered the pancakes bit more just for the random absurdity of it. But yeah, I do vaguely remember the leg-shaving bit making me very uncomfortable.

Submitted by Rob on Thu, 07/16/2009 - 8:02pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

Yay! Oh wait. That movie is terrible. No thanks.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Thu, 07/16/2009 - 6:45pm.