Daybreakers Trailer Debuts Online

Just the other day the first teaser poster was revealed for Daybreakers, and now hot on its heels we have the official trailer.

Edward Dalton is a researcher in the year 2019, in which an unknown plague has transformed the world's population into vampires. As the human population nears extinction, vampires must capture and farm every remaining human, or find a blood substitute before time runs out. However, a covert group of vampires makes a remarkable discovery, one which has the power to save the human race.

Look for Daybreakers in theatres January 8th, 2010, from Lionsgate.

- Debi Moore

Discover the Dread Central forums

Super excited. I wasn't a huge fan f UNDEAD, but man this looks off the hook.
It reminds me of the scenarios in an anthology called UNDER THE FANG, edited by Robert McCammon (and highly recommended, it's one of the scariest books I've ever read)in which vampires have basically taken over the world. Monstrous and harrowing, just how I like my horror.

This film could have been a story in it.

Color me hella stoked.

Submitted by The Butcher on Fri, 06/26/2009 - 2:47pm.
Avid Fan's picture

I'm sold on the trailer, great cast of actors, excellent looking cinematography, interesting use of a kate Bush song. Now that I think about it, this scenario could be like the sequel to I Am Legend, (the book not the will smith vehicle), with the Vampires being the new dominant species. I like it.

Submitted by Avid Fan on Fri, 06/26/2009 - 11:45am.
moderator I loooove that version of
Debi Moore's picture

I loooove that version of Running Up That Hill. Took me a few seconds to recognize it, but man, it's awesome!

Submitted by Debi Moore on Fri, 06/26/2009 - 2:16pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

Yep, UNDEAD is impressive. But it also fell prey to the trap that all amateur films do in that it was at least 20 minutes too long.

A good chunk of judicious cutting would have helped that picture considerably. And although I'll probably be an old-ass man before DAYBREAKERS actually sees the light of day, I hope that they learned their lesson.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Fri, 06/26/2009 - 2:14am.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

I agree completely that the movie drags in places. It felt like they were so impressed with what they accomplished that they couldn't let go of some of it. Unless you're gonna be an old-ass man in January, I'd say...well, I don't really have much to say other than it comes out in January.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Fri, 06/26/2009 - 6:07am.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

If the movie lives up with the trailer, I think it can rank as one of the best modern vampire films, right after Near Dark, Cronos, 30 Days of Night & Let The Right One In. According to Wikipedia, the budget was only about $21million....talk about getting every last penny out of it and making a film look two-three times the size.

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Thu, 06/25/2009 - 10:43pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

Have you seen Undead? They did AMAZING things with their budget. Like the movie or not, that is really impressive.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Fri, 06/26/2009 - 1:58am.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

Oh aye I did see UNDEAD originally didn't like it because of the ending, but after a second viewing I really dug it. They know what to do on a limited budget and did something with far more style and flash than movies with larger wallets. The one sore point about UNDEAD was the CGI, but looking at the vampire-bat creature it looks total practical, even when its hanging on the ceiling.

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Fri, 06/26/2009 - 7:28am.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

That looks fucking AWESOME! And this is coming from someone who doesn't really like vampire movies all that much. I'm a huge fan of Undead but I'm glad to see they're taking a serious spin on this. Great cast too. I can't wait until the d-bags complain about how it doesn't look like they followed the "rules" of vampires.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Thu, 06/25/2009 - 9:57pm.
Blockbuster's picture

I LIKE that poster. Very cool.

Submitted by Blockbuster on Thu, 06/25/2009 - 9:54pm.