UPDATE: 2nd Halloween 2 Trailer

For those of you who didn't tune into tonight's "Spike TV Awards" show, rest easy; you didn't really miss much pertaining to horror. Except ...

Yet another nearly two-minute long spot for Rob Zombie's Halloween II that was bootlegged and slapped up on YouTube. Dig it below, and look for the film in theatres August 28th.

Update:
Never mind the bootleg! We have the clear one for you right here! Note the distinct lack of Sheri Moon, the person nearly everyone was complaining about. Interesting, no? Check out both versions of the new trailer below.

Trade bootlegs in the Dread Central forums!

Gutterfly's picture

Has anyone heard anything about Zombie announcing that he HAS in fact decided to scrap the whole "Ghost mom" thing and is saving it for the 3rd movie? Someone at work came in saying he read this online last night. Sounds a little suspect to me but I'm open to hearing anyone who can either comfirm or deny this. For that matter does anyone know if he has announced doing a 3rd movie already?

Submitted by Gutterfly on Tue, 06/23/2009 - 6:37pm.
moderator Sounds like wishful thinking
Debi Moore's picture

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. As far as we've heard, Zombie has no plans at all for a 3rd film.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Tue, 06/23/2009 - 6:45pm.
Gutterfly's picture

Yeah, it would REALLY surprise me if he signed on for another. He originally didn't want anything to do with the 2nd. And I'm thinking its wishful thinking too with the Ghost Mom deletion, I cant find anything about it. Thanks for the info!!

Submitted by Gutterfly on Tue, 06/23/2009 - 8:53pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

If he does cut her out... HMMMMMMMM???? I wonder????

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Wed, 06/24/2009 - 6:46am.
Gutterfly's picture

You wonder if the movie then instantly becomes more interesting? More appealing? More watchable? As for me, it's all of the above. I have gone over every possible scenario in my head and I just can't come up with ANY way the Ghost Mom thing could actually work. I can't even see it making it past the first meeting of pre production without SOMEone saying..."Uh, Rob, haven't we already seen this in the Friday the 13th movies??" There HAD to be another way to sneak the Mrs. in again without borderlining on obsurdity!!

Submitted by Gutterfly on Wed, 06/24/2009 - 6:08pm.
El Wray's picture

Honestly, I'm looking forward to this. The first one wasn't good, but I'm always willing to give a new horror movie a chance. I think Rob Zombie is a good director if not a good writer, and from what I see, Halloween 2 looks like the interesting reinvention Zombie's first should've been. It could end up a failure, but an interesting one. And the fact that both H2 and FD4 open on my birthday is money.

What's brown and sticky? A stick.

Submitted by El Wray on Tue, 06/23/2009 - 2:55pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

Peter Vincent (Fright Night) Meets Dr. Phil is what Dr. Loomis reminds me of in Zombie's Halloween and in this trailer. I'm not trying to be funny but that's what I think. That isn't even saying anything bad really. I just think this Dr. Loomis needs to see a shrink himself...He wants to move on and really believe Mikey is dead, but he knows in his soul that he isn't. That speech seems that in this one Dr. Loomis is very much in denial.

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 11:40pm.
Teen-Idol's picture

Besides the dumb shit ghost mom idea, I thought the first trailer was far better than this one. Either way, this looks really bad. Kudos for Danielle Harris though ;)

Submitted by Teen-Idol on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 9:22pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

WOW...Quite impressive how a trailer can make a film look completely different. I mean I saw online where they made the Shining a love story and Requiem for a Dream a romantic comedy. So not so surprising they could make Halloween II look like the original. I do say I like the Loomis D-E-A-D scene and the slowed down "Bowling Green Philharmonic" tune playing got me a little excited. I will go ahead and say, If this film is good, Rob Zombie will get an apology from me. But...as it stands Bobby Z is a HACK H-A-C-K!

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 9:03pm.

I like the score for this trailer. Getting me more exited than ever! I don't particularly like the ghost-mom thing, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Submitted by ANTiSocial on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 8:57pm.
doubleh55's picture

This almost feels closer to the spirit of the original Halloween series than the first Halloween remake. It kind of feels like a remake of Halloween IV.

Submitted by doubleh55 on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 6:20pm.
Gutterfly's picture

Ok, this is the first time I am a LITTLE excited about this film. I live in Ga. where this was shot and got to see them film for a couple of days and saw a LOT of "Ghost mom" scenes being worked on. Now either it was decided it WASN'T working, or they have decided to cut her out of the trailer so us "nerds" would start doing exactly what we are now doing, Starting a new buzz about how good the movie MIGHT be now. But this is the first time I am genuinely a little excited. The trailer really does look pretty good!

Submitted by Gutterfly on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 6:00pm.
moderator Actually, if you look at the

Actually, if you look at the trailer above linked to Yahoo! Sheri's in that version.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 6:06pm.
Sirand's picture

In the theatrical version, Loomis says "D-Fucking-E-Muthafuckin-A-Cock Fuck-D! Dead!"

Submitted by Sirand on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 3:47pm.

I wanna hear Donald Pleasance say that. But he is dead so I guess I never will get to here it.

Submitted by Dr. Abyss (not verified) on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 4:31pm.
moderator You know, this trailer ...

You know, this trailer ... It's actually good. Seriously, this is the only thing I've watched since this circus pulled into town that has gotten me a bit excited.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 3:19pm.

I agree... This is a much sharper and more intense view of the film than anything else, and thank God ghost-mum is no-where in sight. On the basis of what I have seen here, the film does not need her in it - AT ALL - and were she to remain, it would now significantly hurt the film. This is also looking (dare I say it) a lot more fresher than the FD:4 trailer, which (as we all know) is basically a rehash of the same old idea/plot etc. In this trailer, "Halloween 2" looks to be trying to build on what had gone before, rather than rehash it... It's going to be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks, and to see if ghost-mum remains in the movie, especially after test-screenings!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 6:02pm.
MagusMaleficus's picture

Well, that's a relief. I was wondering if Loomis could correctly spell "dead." Phew.

Submitted by MagusMaleficus on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 2:44pm.
Mephistopheles's picture

Decent quality trailer here, so you don't have to watch the crappy bootleg anymore.

It'd be nice if Rob cut out the Sheri bit--that's my only real problem with the film thus far--but I doubt it. She's already all over the official website and she's listed on the poster after Tyler and Malcom. Unless the test screenings are disastrous, I don't see her being cut.

Submitted by Mephistopheles on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 2:04pm.
BigMatt's picture

Man, see how good this movie could be without "Ghost Mom"? This trailer gets me excited to see H2!

Submitted by BigMatt on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 9:06am.

Yeah, a distinct lack of Ghost-mum... I wonder if someone is listening?

Submitted by PelusaMG on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 9:29am.

They probably don't want to spoil anything this time around. Not everybody gets on the internet......

Submitted by Dr. Abyss (not verified) on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 11:05am.
Maybe So?
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

Maybe So?

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 10:53am.