Halloween 2: What the Hell Is It?

What on God’s earth is going on in Halloween 2? There’s no doubt in my mind that when the film opens on August 28 we’re going to see something interesting, be it a spectacular failure or an insane work of brilliance. Either way, with pictures like the one released today, I know it’s going to be a must see.

Zombie released this image today via his MySpace page, and I have no idea what to make of it. Whatever this weird pumpkin guy/thing’s story is, I have to find out.

Halloween 2: What the Hell Is It?

- MattFini

Figure it out in the Dread Central forums!

Gutterfly's picture

They filmed the movie primarily here in Georgia and I had the opportunity to see a couple of day's shoots and know a lot of people who got in as extras. Unfortunately I was unable to give them the time to be an extra myself. There is apparently a club scene where my understanding is there was ALOT of weird things going on in there. My guess is the pumpkin character is part of that club scene.

Submitted by Gutterfly on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 6:44am.
Chainsaw's picture

I think it's a pumpkin with pig ears, perhaps a cross homage to Halloween 3 and Saw, and it...Aw, hell, I give up trying to explain this. This is just Batshit Insane!

Submitted by Chainsaw on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 1:16am.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 12:40am.

Again with that fucking thing.Let it go,get a life, and get the hell over your selves already it's not going to happen and just to make everything square between you and kane uncle creepy said he asked you to get rid of this thing and he said you did..so what the fuck is this..oh a link to the thing ok so i think at this point you and kane need to just get the fuck off this site and find some where else to go just to make it fair.

Submitted by Carrion Filth on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 1:27pm.

Your just feeding the machine

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 1:44pm.

I still see your ahead of the group on being a closed minded person.I hope one day you find a girl you really like and she's as closed minded about you as you are about this film because then you'll be able to see what it really feels like. But what's worse than any of this is that you and your little cult of pansy followers are starting to recruit small children that don't know anything about this genre, except for the trash that you feed them. In all honestly, I think you and Kane should just go outside of this site and have it out instead of bringing the trash in here. People come to this site to find out news about movies and you guys are making it into some sort of dick measuring contest. Which we all know who has won that one at this point...uncle creepy.

Submitted by Carrion Filth on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 1:23pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

starting to recruit small children that don't know anything about this genre? Who are you talking about?

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 1:47pm.

goddamn another one of your lame ass attempts at humor

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 12:48am.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

No, now you can enjoy the goodness of Hobo Myers with dailey updates just like Bobby Z. Know when he is stealing pies, washing windows, sleeping in the park etc. etc.

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 1:29am.

Shut the fuck up

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 1:46am.
moderator Kane, seriously, mellow out.

Kane, seriously, mellow out. I'm tired of looking at the comments and seeing you giving anyone who even remotely says anything you don't like a hard time. You were asked once already to chill. Consider this a second request. There's not gonna be a third.

Thanks.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 2:32am.

Ok I will once you get zombiefriends to do the same........... Its as simple as that you can say I'm trolling but he is doing the same exact thing.

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 3:18am.
moderator Dude, I'm nobody's den

Dude, I'm nobody's den mother. I asked ZF to stop with the petitions, and he did. Now I'm asking you to stop with the tirade. It's that simple.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 3:33am.

WHats he is doing right now is trolling its as simple as that.

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 12:04pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

When you posted that I was sleeping not trolling. LOL

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 12:28pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I can't wait for A Haunting to hit DVD in a couple of weeks. I've disliked remakes for a long time though. The Carpet Crawlers remake is horrible. Phil Collins is no substitute for Peter Gabriel although he tries his best to sound like him. They also jazzed it all up and made it poppy. I know this isn't a remake.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 9:10pm.
vorodex999's picture

A haunting in Conneticutt was not that bad as far as Haunted house films go. Its hard to breathe new life into haunted house films, when the formula has been worked in almost every possible way and when TV Stations like A&E, Sci-fi as well as others feature some sort of paranormal investigation thing that goes into great detail on every haunt.

Submitted by vorodex999 on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 8:12pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

True, I would still prefer something more original. Halloween just isn't interesting anymore. Ironically, really the only original horror film to hit theatres this year that sounds promising, imo, A Haunting in Connecticut, got a bad review from here so I went to see a remake instead. Sometimes I just get desperate.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 7:25pm.
Permafrost's picture

Maybe it's some weird Samhain-related thing. It would seem right... It's got a weird "Pan's Labyrinth" look to it, which by just saying that will offend damn near everyone on here. Just my two cents.

Submitted by Permafrost on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 7:00pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I can't roll over and accept remakes. Not when movies like Splinter, The Burrowers, Outlander, Let the Right One In and Martyrs are going DTV.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 6:12pm.

To be fair, this is not a remake!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 7:15pm.
Rottenjesus's picture

It's a shitty sequel TO a shitty remake!

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 8:02pm.

Well, if you put it like that... yes!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 11:50pm.
vorodex999's picture

You know, I thought the whole people going back and forth at each other over this movie was funny at first, but now..It's annoying. I'm a slasher movie fan, the original Halloween is my favorite slasher film. YEt I still like all the other sequels, Even the remake. While I'm not Rob ZOmbie's biggest fan, he knows how to pull people's interest into a film. Thats why people have bitched about his take on Halloween and why he has a devoted following of fans who love his take on things. Regardless he gets people to talk about his films and just like in the 80's when people were trying to ban hardcore horror and music, it makes people (other people) go out and see these films that so many people hate and because it fuels peoples interest into seeing what all the fuss is about.

Submitted by vorodex999 on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 5:31pm.

Kane88 is NOT Rob Zombie.
Mr. Zombie can spell and uses proper diction.

Even if he can't make a decent film.

Submitted by The Butcher on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 5:31pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I'm pretty sure Rob can speak English and spell.

I don't think anyone loves House of 1,000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects as much as I do but I got sick of Halloween a long time ago.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 5:22pm.

I'm pretty sure your just another know it all who has never put forth no effort into making anything but a smart ass comment

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 5:24pm.
moderator Kane, enough already.
Debi Moore's picture

Kane, enough already. Discuss movies all you want, but the personal attacks need to stop.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 6:04pm.

Then zombiefriends need to stop

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 6:22pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

Did my kids join the boards?

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 9:07am.