Angry Left 4 Dead Fans Petition Valve

Since the announcement of Left 4 Dead 2 fans have been in a bit of an uproar, and understandably so. While amazing, Left 4 Dead is a bit lean in terms of content, and consumers haven't been shy at all letting developer Valve know how they feel.

Should these newer levels and upgrades just appear as DLC for the game that's already out? Is there a need for an entirely new $60.00 game? G4TV's Adam Sessler weighs in on the subject below. Tell us what do YOU think as well.

Talk killin' pusfucks in the Dread Central forums!

Avid Fan's picture

I'm still getting my adrenaline pumped from the first one, but I welcome a sequel, especially from Valve, they make great and fun games, L4D is exactly that. Valve is a business and therefor make games for money. I'm OK with that, especially if it allows them to finance the 3rd chapter in Half Life 2.

Submitted by Avid Fan on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 12:30pm.

Won't buy it until it's hit a price cut.

Submitted by BoggyCreekBeast on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 11:46am.

I think it's a bit soon for a sequel but I don't care. I'm gonna buy it anyways. Some people just need something to whine about.

Submitted by thedarkestshadow on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 6:00am.
Chainsaw's picture

I think people are getting their panties in a bunch. Yes, this stuff could be released as new DLC content...except I don't think it could be massed together that well in such a quick time. We're talking about new characters, new monsters, new mechanics that are going to be added, and it would take a sight longer to get them out rather than creating a new game. I think it's not the best idea to sell it as a new game, and I wish they'd sell it cheaper, but come on, people are going to buy it anyways. This game is too much fun. I can't tell you the number of people I know who keep going through the game, despite the perceived "thinness" of the content. The selling point is the multiplay, and what they've been coming up with in the latest DL's seems to be working. This is just the next step forward.

If they took their time with L4D2, people would be bitching that it wasn't coming out fast enough. There's no winning with some folks. I say, bring it on, and let's wait to see if it sucks to castigate it.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 12:35am.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

Actually, no it couldn't be released as DLC. It has an all new AI Director, it has brand new character animations and gore effects, new Special Infected and 5 new levels. The only thing that would be easy to release as DLC is the new maps and skins for the players. Then again, it would require new voice overs as well.

This being said, I absolutely can't stand PC gamers for their bitching that a company KNOWN for fan service is being held to task because they decide to make a full new game rather than a crappy map pack. Even funnier, is that Valve has said they were going to keep supporting the first game.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Thu, 06/18/2009 - 8:50pm.
Chainsaw's picture

True enough. I was actually shocked to see people turn against Valve of all companies. Then again, plenty of people gripe about Blizzard and WoW too. Guess it's in the soul of anyone who uses a keyboard, I guess. :D

Submitted by Chainsaw on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 1:27am.

I think everyone is jumping the gun to early....... Not everyone can get DLC so they need to put it on disk format. Adam is correct in everything he says. Its business get over it...........

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Wed, 06/17/2009 - 9:01pm.

zombiefriends is behind this

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Wed, 06/17/2009 - 8:55pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

Nah...I don't play video games.

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Wed, 06/17/2009 - 9:06pm.
Nomad's picture

Bit soon for a sequel..which seems to be a trend if you watched E3 coverage. Video games already cost an arm and a leg..cut the cost of the new game in half and offer it as DLC. Fair nuff!

Submitted by Nomad on Wed, 06/17/2009 - 8:13pm.