Wes Craven Talks Scream Sequels

Wes Craven talks new ScreamsJust a few days ago we let you guys know about Kevin Williamson's new Scream trilogy that's being readied. Today the master himself, Wes Craven, sheds some more light!

Digital Spy nailed down the exclusive interview with the famed director, who had some really interesting things to say:

"Bob Weinstein (The Weinstein Company co-chairman) has talked to me, he's interested in me directing it. I had a brief conversation with Kevin [Williamson], I know that Kevin is writing. What I've said to Bob is I'm not closed to it, I'm not open to it, I'll be perfectly happy to read a script and tell him what I think. That's where it's at and I'm not expecting a script until August. I don't know what the premise is or anything," Craven tells the site.

"I don't think it's a reboot and Kevin, when he talked to me, said, 'Remember, it's not just Scream 4, it's Scream 5 and 6.' So I guess he has a trilogy in mind," Craven continues. "I've been told, and I don't think they'll mind if I say this, the deals on David Arquette and Courteney are virtually set. I believe everybody else will be new."

Interesting. Stay tuned.

Scream about sequels in the Dread Central forums

Floydian Trip's picture

ANOES is a horrible, retarded fucking lame ass movie. I have never liked them and will never own them and rebuke the thought of Freddy Kruger as a horror icon.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Tue, 06/09/2009 - 12:45pm.
moderator Then I got nothin' for ya,

Then I got nothin' for ya, man! LOL

Submitted by Steve Barton on Tue, 06/09/2009 - 1:50pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I read every story that comes up here it just pisses me off when I see Craven called a master.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Mon, 06/08/2009 - 6:47pm.
moderator Sorry to break it to you,

Sorry to break it to you, dude. Popular opinion is that his is. He's created a few of our genres most important and scary films, ie: The Hills Have Eyes, Elm Street, etc.

True his latest efforts haven't been "incredible" but the man has a legacy.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 06/08/2009 - 6:51pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

What fucking movie has he ever been involved with could be considered good? I don't think Scream is a good movie but then I have a general disdain for slasher flicks.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Mon, 06/08/2009 - 6:36pm.

Never heard of Nightmare of Elm Street? What rock have you been living under?

Submitted by thedarkestshadow on Mon, 06/08/2009 - 7:08pm.
moderator If you have a general

If you have a general disdain for Scream and slasher flicks why even read a story about them?

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 06/08/2009 - 6:44pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I just wish people would stop calling Craven a master. He's a fucking hack.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Mon, 06/08/2009 - 6:06pm.

Thats your opinion.

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Mon, 06/08/2009 - 6:24pm.
fceurich39's picture

i guess with the next film is part 4 or not i hope the scream trilogy comes to blu-ray with the first film uncut

Submitted by fceurich39 on Mon, 06/08/2009 - 4:42pm.
Rottenjesus's picture

I guess the six remaining fans who wanted more Scream movies are going to be very happy about this news.

The rest of us...not so much.

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Mon, 06/08/2009 - 4:15pm.

I liked "Scream", but that was it... 2 & 3 went right up their arses and sucked big time! However, I would be interested to see where this franchise would go if a "Scream 4" were to be made. I just cannot think where it could go, unless Williamson is going to try and tap into the modern horror trend of reboots/remakes/reimagininings and such like...

Submitted by PelusaMG on Mon, 06/08/2009 - 11:09pm.