Lost Nightbreed Footage Found!

Over the years, the Nightbreed lost footage has achieved a status almost as mythical as the hardcore footage excised from 1984’s The Prey. Nobody ever really believed it would see the light of day and many doubted its existence.

Lost Nightbreed Footage Found!

But today, Clive Barker's official site posted a glimmer of hope for those of us still hoping to one day see the “director’s cut” realized on DVD. It’s been confirmed that the missing footage has been found and can be accessed at any time, but the studio doesn’t believe there’s an audience for it (or a Blu-ray upgrade, dammit).

Clive’s site is hoping the horror community will prove the studio wrong. Head on over to Clive Barker Revelations to check out the full story and be sure to email the webmaster, as they’re collecting signatures to finally bring the intended version of Nightbreed to the digital underground.

- MattFini

Do your part in the Dread Central forums!

Lunablix's picture

I love Nightbreed so this is great news. I really do hope they put it out.

Submitted by Lunablix on Wed, 06/03/2009 - 6:44pm.
Chainsaw's picture

Nightbreed was one of my favorite horror movies as a kid. Got me into Barker's writing instead of Hellraiser. I hope the studio will come around and put out a new edition with the footage.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Tue, 06/02/2009 - 2:02am.
Gus Bjork's picture

Barker blew what could have been an all time great movie and with his very own story and concept. I don't buy studio interference. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I don't think any found footage is going to change what an incredible cluster fuck that movie was.

It just pisses me off. This could have been monster Wizard of Oz.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Mon, 06/01/2009 - 11:53pm.
elric300's picture

NIGHTBREED is not perfect, and Barker admits that he would have done some things differently, but the studio really did screw the film over, big time. Over 40 minutes! That's a lot of cutting.

Let's not even the mention the horrendous marketing. I think my reaction when we received the poster down here was what some like to call "legendary".

Submitted by elric300 on Thu, 06/11/2009 - 8:31am.
Old_King_Vulture's picture

Why do companies always fear that there will not be a "demand" for certain things? You'd think by now they would understand that horror fans are the most loyal people out there and love to purchase DVDs. Just about anything that is being released uncut that has a cult following is going to sell fairly well.

Also, if people are asking about it, then there is a demand!

-Exterminate All Rational Thought.

Submitted by Old_King_Vulture on Mon, 06/01/2009 - 6:31pm.
DavidFullam's picture

"Lost Nightbreed Footage Found!"

Words I thought I would never, ever hear. HELL YES!!!! Put a restoration on DVD/Blu-Ray!

Submitted by DavidFullam on Mon, 06/01/2009 - 5:43pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

They should ask him if he knows where the lost LEGION footage is too.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Mon, 06/01/2009 - 4:54pm.