Saw VI Synopsis and Cast

Saw VI Synopsis and CastAttention Saw faithful. Lionsgate has released the official synopsis and cast list for the upcoming sequel we know that you're craving, Kevin Greutert's Saw VI!

Confirmed cast thus far includes Costas Mandylor (go ahead, sing the song, you know you want to), Mark Rolston, Betsy Russell, Tobin Bell, Shawnee Smith, and Peter Outerbridge.

Official Synopsis:
"Special Agent Strahm is dead, and Detective Hoffman has emerged as the unchallenged successor to Jigsaw's legacy. However, when the FBI draws closer to Hoffman, he is forced to set a game into motion, and Jigsaw's grand scheme is finally understood."

Grand scheme finally understood? Does that mean this could be the last in the series? If so, let's hope it goes out with the proper amount of bang.

Sing Mandylor, MANDYLOR, COSTAS MANDYLOR in the Dread Central forums!

Gus Bjork's picture

I'm so disappointed that the Wolf Man isn't making a Halloween run against the Saw movies.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Thu, 04/30/2009 - 12:08am.
Rob's picture

Ditto. While I'm not overly excited about The Wolf Man (something about it rubs me the wrong way and I can't figure out what), I did wish it got put out against Saw VI so it could potentially crush it at the box office. A long shot, but still.

Submitted by Rob on Thu, 04/30/2009 - 12:15am.
Genrewriter's picture

I tuned out after the third flick. At least with the Friday the 13th films you can enjoy them on a guilty pleasure level. Well, at least they're not as interminably dull as the Witchcraft films.

Submitted by Genrewriter on Wed, 04/29/2009 - 10:53pm.

I'm done with this series... I watched I, II, III and IV on DVD, but have no interest in seeing V, and will definitely not be seeing VI. The next thing I see will probably be the Saw re-boot/remake!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Wed, 04/29/2009 - 10:04pm.
Fuck Saw.
Rob's picture

Fuck Saw.

Submitted by Rob on Wed, 04/29/2009 - 9:54pm.

Hey what about that stupid bitch that wone Scream Queens becasue of her skin color? How is she going to play into this.

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Wed, 04/29/2009 - 6:34pm.
moderator Oh Jesus. Not again. Kane,

Oh Jesus. Not again. Kane, really dude? Really?

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 04/29/2009 - 6:44pm.
fceurich39's picture

hopefully this will be the last film and it does go out with some sort of bang like creepy said

Submitted by fceurich39 on Wed, 04/29/2009 - 6:34pm.
Grave-Danger's picture

I think what the official synopsis is implying is that Jigsaw will come back as a zombie, put all the living characters of the franchise into a room with a video game timer and a series of idiotic challenges. It will be a reality show premise a la Wrong Turn 2 called Blood Dumpster. Psychic detective Strahm will return to life and he will use his psychometry to read objects (have flashbacks) while Jigsaw's wife pretends to be dead with her lifeless acting. Mandylor will constantly look irritated like there's a jagged object in his butthole. Some really boring shit involving real estate will happen. In the end, the little puppet will sing the Costas Mandylor song during the credits and give us the finger and we will feel that horror has devolved that much further. Oh, wait. That's about 90% of what happened in Saw 5, sans the interesting parts.

On a side note, here's an interesting crossover: Jigsaw from Saw vs. Jigsaw from Punisher:War Zone.

Submitted by Grave-Danger on Wed, 04/29/2009 - 3:06pm.
Doc Block's picture

Mandylor! Mandylor! COSTAS MANDYLOR!!!!

Submitted by Doc Block on Wed, 04/29/2009 - 2:48pm.
moderator I knew someone would do it!

I knew someone would do it! LOL

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 04/30/2009 - 3:53am.
frank_dracman's picture

Yawn.....
Seriously, you would think even the die-hard fans of these movies must be getting tired of them by now. Talk about milking your dry cow.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Wed, 04/29/2009 - 2:46pm.