Freddy's Going Back To School in Chicago

Elm StreetChicago is known for many things ... The Cubs, The Bulls, and El Famous Burrito: Home of the Football-sized Burrito. Well, okay that last one is only famous to me -- I had no idea what to do with that huge damned thing! Come May 5th the Windy City will have two more claims to fame when Platinum Dunes begins production there of Sam Bayer's remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street.

According to local Chicago paper The Daily Herald two local schools have been secured for filming: Elk Grove High School and Hersey High School in Arlington Heights.

Filming is said to be focusing heavily on the exteriors of the two schools as well as their swimming pool areas. Even better -- if you're a student at either school and over age sixteen, you can audition for a role as an extra. Never once did something this cool ever happen where I attended class so take advantage of it, you little whippersnappers!

New Line is planning on a release date of April 16, 2010.

Learn something in the Dread Central forums.

frank_dracman's picture

I took a football-sized dump after eating a burrito once....
As far as the movie goes, I'm with Gus. Friday night premiers do nothing for me, but I'm at the video store Tuesday 10:00 am sharp. That's when all the good movies come out. Burrowers was great. I even felt kinda bad for some of the guys.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Tue, 04/28/2009 - 9:29am.
doubleh55's picture

If all you've had is El Famous Burrito, you've not even scratched the surface of all the great food you can get in Chicago. My city so needs to step up their efforts to get for studios to make films here.

Submitted by doubleh55 on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 8:19pm.
PrairieGhost's picture

So you went to Chicago and didn't have a hot dog? What the fuck man!

Submitted by PrairieGhost on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 12:02pm.

Guess I have to new things to do here! Check out the schools and try a burrito. Had the hot dog, better then NYC. Re-watch all the Freddy movies and buy some Tums!
Traveler

Submitted by traveler777 (not verified) on Sat, 06/06/2009 - 12:15pm.
FilmCritic3000's picture

Or pizza, apparently. The man's a Philistine, I tells ya!

Submitted by FilmCritic3000 on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 2:10pm.
moderator Dude, I had deep-dish Pizza

Dude, I had deep-dish Pizza and hot dogs while I was there. Yes, they were good, but come on ... a fucking football sized Burrito?

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 2:35pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

If you paid less than $5 for that burritto you better hope to God you never find out what they used for 'meat' in that thing.

You know, I've probably gone to Chicago at least once a year most of my adult life and I have yet to get pizza or a hot dog there. Went to Shaws this past weekend and thought it overpriced.

Oh...something about the movie....ummmmm....I got nothing. I just don't care. Same thing with Halloween 2, Videodrome, whatever. I can't get mad, happy or anything. They're just whatever projects. I hope the audience that seems them enjoys them. I just won't be in that audience.

Look, the deal is I'm going to try to have a movie night time permitting. I want to rent Burrowers, Alien Raiders and Splinter. I'm excited about seeing those. I get the feeling the people behind them wanted to make a good movie and had passion for it. Whether good or bad in the end, that's what art and entertainment are all about right? I can get behind that at least.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 7:54pm.

Rather than read about this crap, I want to hear more about your Chicago trips Gus!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 11:53pm.
moderator Three excellent choices,
Debi Moore's picture

Three excellent choices, Gus. And I'd suggest watching them in the order you have them listed in, too, going from a slow burn all the way up to balls-to-the-wall mayhem. Exactly what popcorn was made for!

Submitted by Debi Moore on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 8:13pm.
PrairieGhost's picture

Where in the hell did you find a football size burrito?

Submitted by PrairieGhost on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 7:35pm.

WOW! I can't wait to see this! I watched all the Freddy mooovies religously when they came out and they good make a great remake!

Submitted by Sexy Biatch (not verified) on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 5:03am.