*UPDATE* Halloween 2 Trailer is now LIVE!

The wait is over! The official trailer for Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 has arrived online in its non-bootlegged format so you can soak up every strange second of it, and while you're at it check out a new still of Battle Damaged Myers™!

The trailer comes courtesy of Yahoo! Movies.

UPDATE
Yahoo! Movies also scored themselves a still of Michael in his new old mask. Dig on all the goodies below!

New Still from Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

Tell us what you think about the new direction this film has taken in the Dread Central forums!

OK.
Lets take another look at the pic of Michael above. His old room has been "vandalized" and spray painted on and stuff...yet the Alice Cooper poster is still intact and actually in damn good condition. Someone was even polite enough to swing by and wipe the dust that would have acrued on it after 15 years.

Now THAT's manners.

Just sayin'...

H2 ='s fart noise.

Submitted by The Butcher on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 1:21am.
Daniel's picture

Actually this is a bathroom. It's the same room that we saw a picture of Laurie in a few weeks ago.

Submitted by Daniel on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 9:26am.

I think the H2 trailer needs to be discussed in the next DFF!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 12:12am.
PrairieGhost's picture

I refuse to watch that... I just can't do it!

Submitted by PrairieGhost on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 6:53pm.

Yeah! Let all get together and lynch mob Zombie. We'll burn his house down with him in it, then he'll come back to life in our children's dreams and take his revenge out on us by hurting them.

Then we can go bitch about that to someone else.

Seriously, you people do nothing but hate. If the remake was such shit, why were you looking forward to this one anyway?

Submitted by The Ice Truck Killer on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 6:37pm.
Mephistopheles's picture

"If the remake was such shit, why were you looking forward to this one anyway?"

Simple. First off, prior to Halloween I was (and still am to an extent) as fan of Rob Zombie. I really enjoyed The Devil's Rejects. Thus, I was optimistic when he was signed on to do Halloween and actually defended him on the boards here.

When the first film came out, I was underwhelmed. I liked most of the first half (William Forsythe's character and "Love hurts" aside) but I thought the second half was too rushed and dependent on the original film.

I wasn't crazy when Rob signed on for H2. Partially because I thought it was in better hands with the Inside duo, and partially because I wanted to see Rob do original work. That being said, his early interviews made me more optimistic. It would be completely original, he said, so thus the problems that the first film had--being bogged down by the preexisting film--would not occur. And unlike a lot of people here, I was alright with the idea of Michael being a maskless vagrant for a chunk of the movie. At the very least, I was willing to give Rob the benefit of the doubt. And I liked the idea of the film focusing more on Laurie and her descent into madness.

Then the trailer came out, and it showed Michael's mother as some gothic ghost urging Michael to kill, presumably being one of the major plot points. And my optimism waned considerably. The way she's presented is completely out of place with dark and gritty atmosphere that Rob wants to achieve, and frankly, it's just a way for Rob to have his wife in the film. And I really think that this is going to spoil what otherwise might be, at the very least, a better film than the first.

Long story short? I'm a fan of Rob Zombie's previous films. I was very disappointed with Halloween. I wanted to give Rob the benefit of the doubt with this one. And after seeing the trailer, I feel like covering my ears and closing my eyes and waiting for it to be over.

Submitted by Mephistopheles on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 8:48pm.
BigMatt's picture

You hit the nail on the head in my opinion, I totally agree with you. After I saw the trailer, I was completely disappointed....

Submitted by BigMatt on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 10:53pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

Weinstein Company/Rob Cummings

To: Robert Bartleh Cummings (A.K.A. Rob Zombie)
CC: Malek Akkad, Bob & Harvey Weinstein
Weinstein Company LLC
345 Hudson St., 13th Fl.
New York, NY 10014

RE: Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

We, the undersigned, ask that Robert Bartleh Cummings (A.K.A. Rob Zombie), director of Weinstein Company/ Dimension Films upcoming motion picture "H2: Halloween 2" reconsider the decision to take the sequel of the re-visioning of Halloween and The Halloween Franchise in the direction in which it has been directed.

We feel that Rob Zombie's 2007 Re-visioning of Halloween took the film and franchise in a wrong but still salvageable direction. From the information provided by Robert Cummings on the sequel to that motion picture and the trailer released to the internet on youtube.com and movies.yahoo.com. It is clear that he is taking the Halloween franchise further down the spiral from which many fans feel there will be no return.

We feel that from the scenes of the trailer and information provided the film looks to be a mimic of a few combined horror motion pictures. We also feel that his casting of Sheri Lyn Skurkis (A.K.A. Sheri Moon Zombie) is not based on acting ability or merit, but due only to the fact he must cast his spouse in every motion picture he directs. Sheri Moon should be omitted from the cast and those scenes be corrected.

Another major concern for us fans is that it has been reported by Robert Cummings, other cast and news that Michael Myers will not be wearing the classic William Shatner based mask or any altered or re-envisioned concept of that mask for 70% of the feature motion picture.

We the fans ask that Mr. Cummings re-write and re-shoot the film with the deletion of the mentioned scenes and/or plot. We feel that Michael Myers is 100% evil without cause and should be left at that conclusion. If the film is released as it now stands it will without a doubt destroy the entire franchise and become a mockery of what Debra Hill, John Carpenter, Moustapha Akkad, Tommy Lee Wallace and so many others have immortalized in horror motion picture history.

Sincerely,

Halloween Fans

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 3:25pm.
doubleh55's picture

I just really enjoy the irony of a guy who's nickname is zombiefriends is trying to stop a movie made by Rob Zombie.

Submitted by doubleh55 on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 9:34pm.
The Unknown Murderer's picture

Damn! You need a hobby.

Besides, the mockery already happened with Halloween: Resurrection. You guys are just plain late to the game.

Submitted by The Unknown Murderer on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 5:47pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

No just sick and tired and not going to take it anymore. This new film will make even a Busta filled Halloween look fantastic.

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 5:59pm.

And secondly, you have a lot of credibility, judging a movie that you haven't seen yet.

Submitted by G.D. on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 8:15pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

Anyone that has seen a lot or for that matter a hand full of horror films can read between the lines on this one. One of the stills has Malcolm McDowell (Loomis) sitting next to Weird Al in some kind of Tonight Show talk show type scenario. Myers has a half a mask, a ZZ Top beard and looks like he just got through singing country songs and picking guitars in a cargo train. Now Sheri Moon is a ghost of good old stripper mommy, going make Mikey kill to get her back. If that ain't it, then it can't be much better. Wait... I forgot Uncle Coffin! more filler crap Zombie probably just had laying around that he could use anywhere else and threw it in. We don't want Zombie's fourth meal rendition of a carpenter Classic. Rob put up the blendomatic and give us some horror. We want a Haddonfield, pure evil for no cause, Will Shatner masked slasher. It's okay if he's scruffy, just leave out all the BS.

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 9:02pm.

It's good that you waited until the script was written and the movie is deep into production. Getting every horror fan on earth to sign it is not going to make them scrap a movie that's as far along as it is.

Submitted by G.D. on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 8:14pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

We are not asking them to scrap it, just revise it and it's not to late to do that until August. Even if we don't get them to change it maybe next film Rob may second guess putting Sheri in it.

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 8:48pm.
Mephistopheles's picture

Hate to break it to you, but Rob's next two films (T-Rex and El Superbeasto) both have Sheri in starring roles.

Submitted by Mephistopheles on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 11:06pm.

Dude, who are you kidding? Bad publicity is still publicity and you're drawing attention to--ugh--H2. Give it a rest.

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 5:20pm.
Mephistopheles's picture

This is fucking hillarious. The most you're going to do is drum up more publicity for Rob.

If the producers were to listen to horror fans, films like Repo! The Genetic Opera would be getting a wide release and the Prom Night remake would go to DTV. All they listen to is MONEY, and the hardcore horror fans make up a VERY SMALL percentage of moviegoing audiences.

Think of it this way. Horror fans were throwing a bitch fit when they found out Rob Zombie was remaking Halloween. They threw a bitch fit when it came out. Then, for the sequel, the directors of INSIDE, a horror film that was universally praised by the 99.9% of the horror community, were set to make it. And what happened? They got canned and were replaced by Rob Zombie! What does that tell you about what the studios think of our opinions?

And yet you think they're going to be convinced by a petition?

Submitted by Mephistopheles on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 4:29pm.
Feenix's picture

I agree the trailer looks shitty, but a petition?? That's a bit much. Just have fun tearing the movie apart when you see it, then appreciate the genius of Carpenter's original more.

Submitted by Feenix on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 3:40pm.
krawlingkhaos's picture

Or maybe just don't see it. Why dignify this crap with a viewing?

Submitted by krawlingkhaos on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 5:16pm.
AriesofPitt's picture

I am going to do the SAME thing I did while watching Zombies first Halloween. Imagine it's JUST A MOVIE and try to either like or dislike it on it's own merit and not compare it to the originals. Because if I did compare these to the originals, I'd f ing kill somebody. Halloween is by far one of my favorite horror movies. Halloween is my fav horror series and H2 was my favorite of them. This Sherri Moon crap is ridiculous. WTF, I think he got Friday the 13th and Halloween confused. Jason is the one killing because of his mommy (lol). I'm gonna see this but F I think I'm going to be so disappointed.

Submitted by AriesofPitt on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 2:04pm.
krawlingkhaos's picture

There seems to be a lot of people who think this will either suck as a film on its own, that remaking Halloween was a bad idea to begin with, or both (personally, I think both). But I would be willing to bet that there will be a lot of chatter on the boards after opening weekend about how the movie sucked as hard as everyone thought it would.

Please, if you are opposed to this movie's existence, or nothing in the advertising has appealed to you, don't buy a ticket for it, especially on opening weekend. No one is obligated to see a movie that looks terrible, even horror fans.

The only way these kind of projects will stop is if they become unprofitable. I think we should start a campaign (or at least a thread) to declare what we're going to do with our ten (or 20 in NY/LA) dollars INSTEAD OF buying a ticket for this. Personally (not that my opinion or approval matters) I would even be willing to excuse dread staff from reviewing the film. I appreciate that they're willing to take bullets for me on things like Molly Hartley and House, but the remaking/raping of classic films while good, original horror languishes in limbo is a larger moral issue (for me at least) than an obligation to provide particular reviews. Posting dozens (hundreds?) of horrible reviews for the first one didn't stop H2 from getting made; maybe if the larger horror community posted NO reviews it would raise some eyebrows. Silence sometimes speaks louder and all that.

If you think you'll like H2, then by all means go see it, but if hate and outrage have been festering in your heart since the announcement of this abomination, then don't support bad ideas with ticket sales. I at least will proudly declare that I won't know if H2 was good or bad because I won't give anyone associated with this movie my money.

Submitted by krawlingkhaos on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 12:51pm.
arandomthought's picture

You know, I've been off and on about posting my opinion on this the past couple days. I don't really know what to think about it. I think there are some good ideas, and some bad ideas. Sheri moon telling him what to do is a terrible idea, but may play out to the movies advantage. The hobo micheal idea, I think could be great. I was excited for the last one, but was sorely dissapointed. Let's hope that this is the micheal with the 2X4 busting the ceiling down to get to his victim.

Submitted by arandomthought on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 9:52am.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

Horror Fans unite to stop this ridiculous sequel. Tell Weinstein and Rob Zombie we are not going to watch this pile of shit until he goes back and re-shoots it without this Sheri Moon-Mommy issue bullshit. We get you love your wife but don't kill off an icon to get her work!!!!

Start with www.weinsteinco.com and www.myspace.com/rzofficialhalloween for now we will get you more contact info asap!!! Act now before it is too late and this pile hits theatres!!!

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 4:16am.
Mephistopheles's picture

Yeah...good luck with that...

Submitted by Mephistopheles on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 9:18am.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

Think about it a small majority of fans complained and what did they get a new ending to Terminator: Salvation. Why would this be any different?

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 11:01am.
Mephistopheles's picture

Erm...from what I had understand, they changed it because the ending was leaked ahead of time.

Submitted by Mephistopheles on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 2:10pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

And when the fans found out the end the complained and they re-shot the ending. Snakes on a Plane re-shot because of what the audience wanted.

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 3:22pm.

Yeah, that's a terrific idea. Use 'Snakes on a Plane' as an example of why sutdios should listen to idiot fans...

Submitted by G.D. on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 8:17pm.

And while we're at it, let's all write letters to Congress telling them to lower taxes!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 10:16am.