H2: New Image of Hobo Myers

Even though I pretty much hated the first film, I've tried my best to stay positive about Halloween 2. One thing is for certain: Rob is making his own very different film, and I applaud him for that. But this latest image just leaves me cold and even kind of sad.

Zombie as per usual posted it on his MySpace page and had this to say about it:

"Another question that seems to have been asked quite a bit is about the mask," Zombie writes in his blog. "There have been reports and rumors that he only wears the mask 25% of the time or not at all. Well, the truth is the movie is just now being edited so the exact percentage of mask wearing is unclear at this point. But fear not, Michael is seen wearing the mask as much if not more than you've ever seen him wearing a mask in any Halloween film. As seen below. Enjoy."

Honestly? I'm not even sure what he means by that. Really? We've heard NOTHING but the opposite from all the crew members we've spoken with including Malek Akkad! I smell pot stirring.

As for the new image itself, I kind of hate it. This isn't The Shape whom we grew up with, that's for sure. Looking at him in this state doesn't inspire terror; it makes me wanna hand him a dollar and point him in the direction of the closest McDonald's so he can get himself something from their value menu.

Sigh. What do YOU think?

Look for H2 in theatres on August 28th.

H2: New Image of Hobo Myers

Discuss HOBOWEEN in the Dread Central forums.

michael myers is my MAN i followed his movies ever since john carpenters creation all the wayup till now with rob zombies remake i fell in total complete love with it nd NO ONE can say other wise. ALL u people saying that he looks like a hobo needs to take their head out of the dirt like a bunch of ostritches.Michael myers has done nothing but make this movie world more interesting each nd everyday with people trash talking him.Rob zombie's creation of the "new" michael myers is H.O.T. and you can say whatever you want however it isnt going to change my mind
P.S. I LOVE michael myers nd btw if any1 loves him but me then DONT because hes mine XD

Submitted by MS.MICHAEL MYERS on Sat, 05/09/2009 - 11:13am.

How can you not know exactly how much time Michael is seen wearing the mask for, when you wrote the script and directed the film?

Submitted by PelusaMG on Sun, 04/19/2009 - 3:39pm.
Chainsaw's picture

He looks like one of the Blind Dead now. Wow.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 11:43pm.
Mariano's picture

I hated House of 1000 corpses: it was stupid and boring (although the intro was great). I kinda liked a little bit The Devil's Reject and I think Halloween was not bad at all (it was different from the original and that was great because I didn't want to see a new version of the original: nobody can surpass Carpenter's movie). Obviously the guy is improving.
I give Zombie my vote of confidence with this sequel (this is coming from a guy who thinks Jason goes to hell was a good movie): I hope he takes Michael to a new level because as Halloween fan I want to see something better than the low level explotation the franchise had been since Halloween 4.

Submitted by Mariano on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 12:55am.

"Halloween 4" is actually my favourite of the many and varied Halloween sequels.

Submitted by PelusaMG on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 10:25am.

I actually see the logic behind this. Myers doesn't just travel invisibly between darkened basements and bedrooms anymore, like in the original sequels.... because that was ridiculous.

Rob's actually thought about the fact that Myers now is forced to try and survive on his own... he IS homeless.

Besides, %90 of the publicity that the first film got was due to everyone bitching about how bad the movie would suck because Michael was going to talk in it.

Hmmm, what'll piss them off this time... ah I'll tell them he doesn't wear a mask.

Submitted by The Ice Truck Killer on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 11:45pm.

IN THE RED CORNER! Reigning slasher heavyweight champion, and undisputed king of the knife... MICHAEL 'THE HOBO' MYERS!

IN THE BLUE CORNER...

Submitted by PelusaMG on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 11:19pm.
krawlingkhaos's picture

Because when I think the Halloween franchise, I think a white trash vs. hobo smackdown. I might even prefer the whole robes/cults thing over from the later sequels. I'll say this, though; I got no idea where he's going with this. And I really don't care.

Maybe the poster will have Myers using his mask as a bindle.

Submitted by krawlingkhaos on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 8:12pm.
vorodex999's picture

I think....I'm lost for words...Hope this dream ends soon. Hobo Michael Myers..Thats funny.. Everyone better stop yanking my chain...(SOB)

Submitted by vorodex999 on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 6:52pm.
Permafrost's picture

I'm really okay with this. If I was being stalked by somebody who looked like that, hobo or not, I'd poop just a little. Very "Prince Of Darkness"...

Submitted by Permafrost on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 6:47pm.
kiddcapone's picture

How does hobo Mike fit his Bin Laden beard under the mask?

I just can't help but feel like Rob Zombie is fucking with everyone who shit on the last film. This is his way of getting even. If so, I applaud Rob. Kudos. Awesome hoax. But if it's all true, and everything we see and hear about the new film actually happens on-screen, then every bit of venom I've ever spewed towards Rob will be multiplied by 1000x from now until the day I die. I will never ever again watch, rent, or read anything even remotely connected to Rob Zombie.

Submitted by kiddcapone on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 5:13pm.
FilmCritic3000's picture

Ah, Hobo Michael. What witty bon mots will you throw out in this film?

"'Scuse me, y'all got some money for a Filet-O-Fish sandwich? Them's tasty. Thank you. God bless."

Submitted by FilmCritic3000 on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 4:59pm.
Count Zartro's picture

Is Michael Myers in Detroit this time around?

He looks like Rabbit from 8-Mile attending a Halloween Party.

Submitted by Count Zartro on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 4:05pm.

Does Michael do tricks in a skate park before hacking and slashing his way through Haddenfield?

Submitted by PelusaMG on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 4:04pm.
Filmczy's picture

It appears that Rob is really going for nothing more than $$$ this time around...

Didn't he clearly state after the first film he was not interested in a sequel?

H2 is nothing more than a business deal. Let Myers R.I.P.

The best news through all this remake..."reimagining"...(whatever) is the original Halloween will always be availble to watch.

Submitted by Filmczy on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 3:14pm.
moderator "Didn't he clearly state

"Didn't he clearly state after the first film he was not interested in a sequel?"

He also stated two years prior to the original remake's release that he would "never remake Halloween".

But who's paying attention?

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 3:23pm.
moderator If I'm looking at this

If I'm looking at this picture right, which it pains me to do BTW, It appears that the right side of the mask (the one that is shadowed) is missing. Or at least a big chunk of it is. Could Myers be going the "battle damage Spider-Man" route?

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 3:09pm.

Hey, I think I saw that guy in Pioneer Square, peeing in a doorway!

Submitted by BoggyCreekBeast on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 2:29pm.
Sirand's picture

For fuck's sake, is he gonna start stalking The Home Depot in this movie?

I swear, every picture feels more and more like an elaborate April Fool's Day joke...

Submitted by Sirand on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 2:26pm.
Styling Shatner's picture

I'm starting to think now that as he was basically forced to do this movie with Die-mension due to them holding one of his scripts hostage and he has to do this in order to get it back, it looks like that Zombie is doing this strange stuff where the movie comes off like a parody of a Halloween flick because he wants to intentionally piss off Die-mension by giving them a preposterous and horrible movie! I know, that's a rash thing to do when I know zero about the story and I'm just basing this wild assumption on a few stills, but having Weird Al in the movie apparently playing his UHF movie character is just strange on its own.

Submitted by Styling Shatner on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 1:20am.

Poop.

That is all.

Submitted by The Butcher on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 2:19pm.