New Friday DVD / Blu-ray Re-issue News

New Friday DVD / Blu-ray Re-issue NewsParamount Home Entertainment today released the specs for the upcoming re-releases of their Friday the 13th films. What made it? What didn't? What's coming? Find out inside!

The heads-up went to Fangoria:

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
• Audio commentary by director Joseph Zito, screenwriter Barney Cohen and editor Joel Goodman
• Fan commentary by Adam Green and Joe Lynch
• Slashed scenes
• The Lost Ending
• Jason’s Unlucky Day: 25 Years After Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
• Lost Tales from Camp Blood—Part IV
• The Crystal Lake Massacres Revisited—Part I
• Jimmy’s Dead Dance Moves
• Original theatrical trailer

Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning
• Audio commentary by director/co-screenwriter Danny Steinmann with cast and crew
• New Beginnings: The Making-of Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning
• Lost Tales from Camp Blood—Part V
• The Crystal Lake Massacres Revisited—Part II
• Original theatrical trailer

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
• Audio commentary by writer/director Tom McLoughlin with cast and crew
• Slashed scenes
• Jason Lives: The Making-of Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
• Meeting Mr. Voorhees
• Lost Tales from Camp Blood—Part VI
• Crystal Lake Massacre Revisited—Part III
• Original theatrical trailer

Sadly, the fan commentaries featuring myself, Ryan Rotten of STYD, and Staci Layne Wilson of Horror.com didn't make it onto the Part V and VI DVDs. That's a real shame, too, because we've been told by the parties that did hear them that they were hilarious. Maybe we just had too much of a good time for them to be comfortable releasing them.

In Blu-ray news Friday the 13th Part II will be released as-is and Friday the 13th Part III will feature some new Blu-ray only exclusives:

• Fresh Cuts: 3D Terror
• Legacy of the Mask
• Slasher Films: Going for the Jugular
• Lost Tales From Camp Blood, Part 3

Everything streets on June 16. Look for cover art soon.

Record your own commentaries in the Dread Central forums!

Man that is really dissapointing. V and VI are by far my favorites of the series and I would have loved to hear your commentaries.

Submitted by knifehitz on Tue, 04/14/2009 - 1:16pm.
fceurich39's picture

will the blu-ray of part 3 be in 3D fangoria says it is and will come with glasses as well as http://thehdroom.com/news/Friday_the_13th_Part_2_and_3_on_Blu-ray_in_Jun...

but bloody-disgusting says it will only be in 2D

Submitted by fceurich39 on Mon, 04/13/2009 - 10:35pm.
kiddcapone's picture

I have no fucking idea what to buy anymore. I'm sick of buying the same shit over and over again. I bought the original shitty Friday box set. I then bought the single re-releases of 1-3 (mainly because 1 was uncut and I needed the matching hologram cover set since I'm anal like that). I would like to eventually own them all on Blu-Ray if I had my choice.

So I guess I'm just not going to buy anything until they are all released on Blu-Ray. But these are not uncut as of yet. With my luck, the day I finally decide this is the best it's ever going to get, they will re-release them again UNCUT and with the missing commentaries.

Son-of-a-bitch! I wish I wasn't so obsessive complusive with my horror shit. I always need the most definitive version of everything.

Submitted by kiddcapone on Mon, 04/13/2009 - 9:12pm.
Rottenjesus's picture

What?! No fan commentaries = NO BUYS :(

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Mon, 04/13/2009 - 8:37pm.
moderator I agree, Rotten! Hopefully
Debi Moore's picture

I agree, Rotten! Hopefully they'll be available in one form or another -- you guys really have no idea how hilarious they are. I was lucky enough to hear them being recorded.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Mon, 04/13/2009 - 8:45pm.
moderator Actually, I'm pretty bummed

Actually, I'm pretty bummed about the whole thing. Depressed even. Not because I was involved but because they did turn out so well and damned funny. These were truly tracks by the fans for the fans.

Feh.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 04/13/2009 - 10:08pm.