Burg Confirms Shawnee Back for Saw 6

Shawnee Smith back for Saw VIBeing dead hasn't stopped Jigsaw from coming back for sequels, has it? As a means to hopefully make amends for the abysmal Saw V (go ahead ... sing the song ... you know you want to), producer Mark Burg has confirmed that Shawnee Smith will be returning to her role as Amanda in the next sequel.

Smith (you're welcome for the picture, BTW) will be back for Saw VI along with seven other new characters. Interesting, yes, but not as interesting as this next bit of info. Note the usage of excited caps to really drive Mark's statements home.

"THIS MOVIE IS A LOT MORE VIOLENT THAN THE PREVIOUS V. LASTLY, WE HAVE TRAPS THAT PIT VICTIMS AGAINST EACH OTHER LIKE THE OPENING OF SAW V. COULD BE THE BEST SCRIPT YET!"

So whattaya think? Hyperbole? Probably. Guess we'll see come October. For more Saw info hit up the official Saw website for more.

Discuss this sawful news in the Dread Central forums!

FilmCritic3000's picture

"Saw VI: What Amanda Did On Summer Vacation"

Tagline: "Oh yes, there will be flashbacks."

Submitted by FilmCritic3000 on Sun, 03/22/2009 - 11:53am.
Rorschach's picture

It's the only thing they really CAN do, since they killed off their best, most interesting two characters in the third film.

Honestly, I would have at least given IV a chance if Amanda had lived at the end of III. Would have liked to see what she would have done with the mantle of Jigsaw.

Oh well.

*Hums the Mandylor song to himself*

Submitted by Rorschach on Mon, 03/23/2009 - 12:24am.

Only question I have, is where can I get more picture like that one?

Submitted by Impure159 on Sun, 03/22/2009 - 6:33am.
Mephistopheles's picture

Run "Shawnee Smith" through Google Images and you'll see a ton.

Submitted by Mephistopheles on Sun, 03/22/2009 - 5:14pm.
Rorschach's picture

Ehhh....I liked I-III. Could have been a great trilogy, had it ended there.

This new movie? I'll skip it too.

Submitted by Rorschach on Sun, 03/22/2009 - 3:06am.
Mephistopheles's picture

Yeah, I agree. There's only so much you can do when the main character's been dead.

I might check out VI to see what's going on with Amanda, though.

Submitted by Mephistopheles on Sun, 03/22/2009 - 4:16pm.
doubleh55's picture

Really? The reason why Saw V wasn't good was because it wasn't violent enough? Gee, I thought it was because it sucked.

All these movies suck.

Submitted by doubleh55 on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 10:55pm.