Michael Myers Vs. Death This August

Dennis Iliadis Sets His Sights on a CureLadies and Gentlemen! In this corner standing near seven feet tall, wearing a white mask to disguise his hobo beard ... Michael Myers! And his opponent, fighting out of the netherworld, wearing a black robe and floating on air ... Death! Come this August 28th, the box office battle begins.

In a weird turn of events New Line announced early this morning that they have moved the release date for their upcoming Final Destination: Death Trip 3D to August 28th, the same weekend as Rob Zombie's Halloween 2. When reached for comment about these events, Zombie simply screamed, "YEAAAAHHH".

Where is your money gonna go? One or the other? Both? Guess we'll see what happens.

CHECK OUT DREAD CENTRAL’S NEW POSTER STORE!
Place your box office bets in the Dread Central forums!

Chainsaw's picture

Probably going to rent the original Halloween.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Sat, 03/14/2009 - 1:12pm.

FD gets my money, H2 gets the sneak.

I'll definitely see H2, but now I can at least say I didn't pay for it.

Of course, it makes me think that maybe New Line knows something we don't, that H2 is going to be pushed back. So, they put their movie in the slot and it looks like the Weinsteins are running away when they move it.

Submitted by G.D. on Fri, 03/13/2009 - 4:56pm.
PelusaMG's picture

Oh God, that's a tough one! I mean, how do you choose between what are two original, inspired and creatively-driven films, which are going to become horror classics of the future? I couldn't begin to choose which one I would see opening weekend... So I think out of fairness to each of them, I'm going to opt to see neither of them!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Fri, 03/13/2009 - 4:07pm.
Permafrost's picture

My money goes to Rob Zombie. Eat me.

Submitted by Permafrost on Fri, 03/13/2009 - 3:52pm.
moderator I'm thinking we'll pay to
Debi Moore's picture

I'm thinking we'll pay to see FD in 3D and then do the sneaky-sneak into H2.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Fri, 03/13/2009 - 2:21pm.
Jerel Of The Dead's picture

Whoever Wins, WE LOSE.

Submitted by Jerel Of The Dead on Fri, 03/13/2009 - 1:38pm.
moderator It took everything I had to

It took everything I had to not use that joke in the story! LOL

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 03/13/2009 - 1:45pm.