Fantaspoa 2015: First Wave Films Include Spring, Stung, We Are Still Here, and More!
Brazil’s Fantaspoa 2015 is taking place May 15-31, and the first wave of films that will be screening there has been announced. It’s a roster that makes this horror lover ready to book a flight to South America right now!
From the Press Release:
Fantaspoa 2015 is proud to reveal the first wave of films selected for its upcoming eleventh edition, running from May 15th through the 31st. Latin America’s largest genre film festival, which takes place annually in Porto Alegre, will announce the full line-up, consisting of more than 100 films, next weekend.
Fourteen titles have been confirmed, aside from the previously announced opening night film, Jason Lei Howden’s Deathgasm, and closing night features Uptake Fear (from Kapel Furman, Armando Fonseca, and Gurcius Gewdner) and Toda La Noche (directed by Tamae Garateguy and Jimena Monteoliva).
Honored guests include Dennis Paoli, American screenwriter of Stuart Gordon’s Re-Animator, From Beyond, and Dagon, and Italian composer Fabio Frizzi, best known for the music in the Lucio Fulci horror classics Zombi 2, City of the Living Dead, and The Beyond. Attending filmmakers include Adrián Garcia Bogliano, Aaron Moorhead, Justin Benson, Benni Diez, François Simard, Anouk Whissell, Yoann-Karl Whissell, and Ted Geoghegan.
For more info in the meantime, keep your eyes on Fantaspoa on Facebook.
Fantaspoa 2015’s first wave of films includes:
- Deep Dark (Michael Medaglia, U.S.) – World Premiere
- Der Bunker (Nikias Chryssos, Germany) – Latin American Premiere
- Intimate Witness (Santiago Fernández Calvete, Argentina/Mexico) – Pan-American Premieres
- Night of the Living Deb (Kyle Rankin, U.S.) – Latin American Premiere
- Pos eso (Sam, Spain) – Brazilian Premiere
- Santiago Violenta (Ernesto Díaz Espinoza, Chile) – Brazilian Premiere
- Scherzo Diabolico (Adrián Garcia Bogliano, Mexico/U.S.) – Latin American Premiere
- Spring (Aaron Moorhead and Justin Benson, U.S.)
- Stung (Benni Diez, Germany/U.S.) – Latin American Premiere
- The Corpse of Anna Fritz (Hèctor Hernández Vicens, Spain) – Latin American Premiere
- The Incident (Isaac Ezban, Mexico) – Brazilian Premiere
- The Last Survivors (Thomas S. Hammock, U.S.) – Brazilian Premiere
- Turbo Kid (François Simard, Anouk Whissell, and Yoann-Karl Whissell, New Zealand/Canada) – Latin American Premiere
- We Are Still Here (Ted Geoghegan, U.S.) – International Premiere