Back in 1999 Eduardo Sanchez and Daniel Myrick introduced the world to The Blair Witch Project, one of the most influential horror films of all time. Though it was, of course, followed up with a sequel, the duo had nothing to do with it…
…and now it seems they’re primed and ready to return to the woods. What’s the holdup? Read on for details!
In an interview with Movies.com while promoting his upcoming Bigfoot flick Exists, Sanchez hinted that he’s totally on board to revive the franchise, but the ball is at this point in Lionsgate’s court.
“You know, Lionsgate owns the property so it’s obviously up to them right now,” said Sanchez. “We’ve been talking to them for the past four or five years about doing it, but there’s nothing really in the works right now with us.”
Exists represents the reunion of Sanchez and Lionsgate, and when asked by the website if the reunion would further talks about another Blair Witch movie, Sanchez noted that it could potentially happen. Though again, nothing is planned at this time.
So what would Sanchez do with a sequel if Lionsgate handed him and Myrick the ball and told them to run with it? “Our plan for the sequel is definitely not doing a found-footage movie,” he says, seemingly intent on bringing a far different vision to the screen.
We’ll of course report more if there’s ever anything more to report in regards to this one!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Be part of the project in the comments section below!
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
- One-Eye I remember it as being one of the better post SCREAM slasher movies. I certainly haven't watched it since then.
- One-Eye I kind of dig how Osment is just like "Yeah, I'm fat and have a big, bushy beard. And that's how I'm gonna stay now..."
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
THE FIRST PURGE Director On Bringing Real-Life Horror to the Series
Blumhouse’s UPGRADE Gets Claymation Poster Treatment
Bram Stoker’s SHADOWBUILDER w/ Rooker and Todd Hits Blu-ray in August
Fantasia 2018 Second Wave Films Include Blumhouse’s HURT
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Exclusive: Dinosaurs, Golden Retrievers, and PREHYSTERIA! Oh My!
Exclusive: Creepy Forest Monsters Gonna Creep in THE RAKE
Editorials4 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News3 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News4 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News6 days ago
Hulu’s CASTLE ROCK Will Be Filled With Stephen King Easter Eggs
News3 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
Drinking With the Dread5 days ago
Drinking With The Dread: A PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2 Double Down!
Reviews4 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News4 days ago
AHS Season 8 Officially Coven/Murder House Crossover!