Netflix Announces Cast for THE SANDMAN Series Based on the DC Comic Books From Neil Gaiman
The Sandman is a new dark fantasy Netflix series based on The Sandman comic book series created for DC by Neil Gaiman (Good Omens, Coraline). Gaiman is also an Executive Producer and Co-Writer. The series is produced by Warner Bros. Television.
A rich blend of modern myth and dark fantasy in which contemporary fiction, historical drama and legend are seamlessly interwoven, The Sandman follows the people and places affected by Morpheus, the Dream King, as he mends the cosmic — and human — mistakes he’s made during his vast existence.
Today, producers announced the cast for The Sandman!
- TOM STURRIDGE is DREAM, Lord of the Dreaming
- GWENDOLINE CHRISTIE is LUCIFER, Ruler of Hell
- VIVIENNE ACHEAMPONG is LUCIENNE, chief librarian and trusted guardian of Dream’s realm
- BOYD HOLBROOK is THE CORINTHIAN, an escaped nightmare who wishes to taste all that the world has in store
- CHARLES DANCE is RODERICK BURGESS, Charlatan, blackmailer and magician
- ASIM CHAUDHRY is ABEL and SANJEEV BHASKAR is CAIN, the first victim and the first predator, residents and loyal subjects of the Dream Realm.
Allan Heinberg (Wonder Woman, Grey’s Anatomy) serves as Executive Producer and Showrunner. David S. Goyer (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Terminator: Dark Fate, Foundation) serves as Executive Producer and Goyer and Heinberg are also Co-Writers on the project.
“For the last thirty-three years, the Sandman characters have breathed and walked around and talked in my head,” says Gaiman. “I’m unbelievably happy that now, finally, they get to step out of my head and into reality. I can’t wait until the people out there get to see what we’ve been seeing as Dream and the rest of them take flesh, and the flesh belongs to some of the finest actors out there. This is astonishing, and I’m so grateful to the actors and to all of The Sandman collaborators — Netflix, Warner Bros., DC, to Allan Heinberg and David Goyer, and the legions of crafters and geniuses on the show — for making the wildest of all my dreams into reality.”
Are you a fan of The Sandman? Are you excited to see how this Netflix series turns out? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! You can also carry on the convo with me personally on Twitter @josh_millican.