Scream Factory will re-release a new 4K transfer of Stan Winston’s Pumpkinhead with Lance Henriksen on Blu-ray on October 20th.
The Steelbook is limited to 5,000 units and sports killer new cover art by Devon Whitehead. Check it out below along with a list of bonus materials.
- Audio commentary by co-writer Gary Gerani and creature creators Tom Woodruff Jr. and Alec Gillis
- Interview with co-writer Richard Weinman
- Interview with actor John D’Aquino
- Interview with actor Matthew Hurley
- Remembering the Monster Kid: A Tribute to Stan Winston featurette
- Evolution of a Demon featurette
- The Cursed and the Damned featurette
- The Tortured Soul of Ed Harley featurette
- Constructing Vengeance featurette
- Razorback Holler featurette
- Demonic Toys featurette
- Behind-the-scenes footage
- Still gallery
- Theatrical trailer
After his son dies in a hit-and-run accident, Ed Harley (Lance Henriksen) seeks revenge against the teenagers responsible. With the help of a local witch (Florence Schauffler), Ed summons the vengeful demon Pumpkinhead to hunt and kill the group of friends. But when Ed discovers a bond between himself and the creature, he begins to have second thoughts about employing the vicious monster, and he fights to end Pumpkinhead’s murderous rampage before it is too late.
The film sports a 68% approval rating over on Rotten Tomatoes with a Critics Consensus that reads: With effects work and solid direction from Stan Winston — and Lance Henriksen adding welcome gravitas — Pumpkinhead is a creature feature that stands a cut above.