Presented in a 2-Disc Set loaded with new extras and a new transfer of the film, the newly-designed front-facing cover comes to us from artist Joel Robinson (to the right) and the reverse cover will showcase the original theatrical one-sheet concept.
If you order directly from Scream Factory they are offering a deluxe website exclusive offer where you will not only receive a free 18″ x 24” rolled lithograph of the new Joel Robinson art, they’ll include another 18” x 24” poster and alternate slipcover with an entirely different design from artist Laz Marquez!
Please note that the Deluxe poster and alternate slipcase offer will be made at a limited quantity, however. Only 2000 are being produced and they are expected to sell out.
The national street date is planned for Nov 20th.
- NEW 2K Restoration From A New 4K Scan Of The Original Negative, Supervised And Approved By Writer/Director Bernard Rose And Director Of Photography Anthony B. Richmond
- NEW Audio Commentary With Writer/Director Bernard Rose And Actor Tony Todd
- NEW Audio Commentary With Authors Stephen Jones And Kim Newman
- Audio Commentary With Director Bernard Rose, Author Clive Barker, Producer Alan Poul And Actors Tony Todd, Virginia Madsen And Kasi Lemmons
- Audio Commentary With Bernard Rose, Moderated By The Movie Crypt’s Adam Green And Joe Lynch
- NEW “Be My Victim” – An Interview With Tony Todd
- NEW “It Was Always You, Helen” – An Interview With Virginia Madsen
- NEW “The Writing On The Wall: The Production Design Of Candyman” – An Interview With Production Designer Jane Ann Stewart
- NEW “Forbidden Flesh: The Makeup FX Of Candyman” – Including Interviews With Special Makeup Effects Artists Bob Keen, Gary J. Tunnicliffe And Mark Coulier
- NEW “A Story To Tell: Clive Barker’s The Forbidden” – Writer Douglas E. Winter On Clive Barker’s Seminal Books Of Blood And Candyman’s Source Story, The Forbidden
- NEW “Urban Legend: Unwrapping Candyman” – A Critical Analysis Of The Film With Writers Tananarive Due And Steven Barnes
- “Sweets To The Sweet: The Candyman Mythos” Featuring Interviews With Clive Barker, Virginia Madsen And More …
- “Clive Barker: Raising Hell” – An Interview With Clive Barker
- Bernard Rose’s Storyboards
- Theatrical Trailer
- Still Gallery
- …And More To Be Announced!
This gut-wrenching thriller follows a graduate student whose research summons the spirit of the dead! When Helen Lyle hears about Candyman, a slave spirit with a hook hand who is said to haunt a notorious housing project, she thinks she has a new twist for her thesis. Braving the gang-ridden territory to visit the site, Helen arrogantly assumes Candyman can’t really exist … until he appears, igniting a string of terrifying, grisly slayings. But the police don’t believe in monsters and charge Helen with the crimes. And the only one who can set her free is Candyman.